Community Forum

Do I have to pay extra for the Olympic Channel?

New Poster

Do I have to pay extra for the Olympic Channel?

I know the Olympic channel just launched about a week ago and replaced the Universal HD channel.

The Universal HD channel used to be include, but now when I try to watch the Olympic channel, it says I have to subscribe to it!!  Does this mean I have to pay extra for it?  Thanks.

New Poster

Re: Do I have to pay extra for the Olympic Channel?

I would like to know the same thing.  How do I access that channel?

Silver Problem Solver

The "new" Olympic Channel is available in the Preferred tier, per the post about the closing of the Universal HD. Universal HD was in the Starter tier.

New Poster

Doesn't seem fair we have to start to pay when it was free before!
What is the cost for the preferrred tier?
Silver Problem Solver

Preferred is typically around $18 more than Starter. You get the Encore movie channels, a few sports networks, and a bunch of extra cable channels (larger ones are PopTV, Spike, Science, TCM, to name a few). There are links around that list what channels are included with each package. Just type your zip code in the upper left to see the lists. It seems to default by category, but you can change it from a drop-down to alphabetic or by package.

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup

Official Employee

Hello 3songs. I can assist with offers for our Preferred Tier that you may have access to. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Administrator

All, 

The Olympic Channel is part of our Digital Preferred TV package. So, if you have that package or above you will receive this channel with no additional monthly charge. 

To find what channel carries the Olympic Channel in your area check here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/

Contributor

Yes, you do have to pay extra to get the Olympic Channel. You have to pay for the HD technology fee and equipment. That costs $9.95 per month. Without HD, no Olympic Channel.