Community Forum

Did Xfinity drop INSP channel?

Frequent Visitor

Did Xfinity drop INSP channel?

Did Comcast drop INSP channel?

Regular Contributor

Re: Did Xfinity drop INSP channel?

I still have INSP (channel 223). Maybe it changed tiers?

Frequent Visitor

My ISP channel was 244. According to their channel lineup, ISP is standard for all tiers of service.  Comcast couldn't tell me for sure but they thought that ISP was dropped altogether. 

Official Employee

@RalphR111 wrote:

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Apologies also for any confusion we may have caused. I am seeing the INSP is still available in your area on channel 244 and in HD on channel 1655. 

Are you still having this issue? Are you seeing a black screen, blue screen, or an error message or were you not able to tune to this channel at all (does the box skip over that channel)?

Thanks for any additional details that you are able to provide.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

On both channels (244 & 1655), the message I get is that ISP requires a subscription. 

Official Employee

@RalphR111 wrote:

On both channels (244 & 1655), the message I get is that ISP requires a subscription. 

Thanks for this additional information, I am working with our local team to confirm what is expected here.  Apologies again and thanks for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@RalphR111 wrote:

Apologies, I heard back from our Florida team that there were technical issues in your area but that INSP is expected to be available and that the issues have been identified and resolved. 

Please let me know if this is not the case.

Apologies again and thanks for your patience whle we tracked this down.  

Frequent Visitor

The problem is fixed. I now get INSP on both channel 244 & 1655. Thanks for the help.