Community Forum

Decades Channel

New Poster

Re: Another channel dropped! Decades...

I was able to watch Decades on over the air for a few days but today it is gone.  I am so upset!

New Poster

Re: Decades TV Channel

Thanks. I let CBS know I miss DECADES, whether or not it will do any good.

Apparently this is not the fault of Comcast.

It was just a stupid decision of some fool at CBS.

Official Employee

Re: TV channel "Decades"

Hello, berez13 - 

Thank you for your feedback regarding Decades. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us.

Effective September 3, 2018, Decades programming will be replaced with Start TV, which features crime and courtroom programming. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Decades Channel

Hello all. @MNtundraRET is right in that certain changes can come from decisions made by the networks themselves, since they own the content. In regards to the changes of Decades to Start TV, I'll be sure to pass along your feedback about these channel changes and I do want to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. However, please be aware this decision was made by the station and is beyond Comcast’s control. Just because we provide content, does not mean we own or have control over what any given network provider chooses to do with their network/content. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Decades channel in Boston, MA

I am very disappointed that the Decades channel has disappeared on the lineup. Can you please get this channel back in Boston. My understanding is that Comcast can contact Decades directly to get the channel back for us. Thanks
Official Employee

Re: Decades channel in Boston, MA

Hi, RoslindaleMA. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about Decades, we examine channel lineups often to offer the best content available. Although, I cannot make any promises that we'll be able to get it back. We do appreciate your input regarding the channel.

New Poster

Decades Channel

Bring back the Discover channel.  I spent 10 minutes to find the Decades channel. First by channel #, then by voice command by channel name and also by The Commish and got a message on tv screen  that told me it did not understand what I was asking for.  Why didn’t Comcast responded to my voice search with an explanation?  I thought it was something with my speech.  Then searched via on demand by channel name, still nothing from Comcast the the channel is no longer available.  Where is the Comcast customer service that I am paying for?

Silver Problem Solver

Decades is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. Many were CBS-owned stations, and they changed to StartTV. In some areas, Decades was able to move to another station. In others, it is no longer available. Comcast cannot simply add it on their own, as it is BROADCAST network, not cable.

New Poster

tv programs

all of a sudden a few chanels have been removed, decades, antena tv, why?

Expert

Re: tv programs

These are channels normally carried by your local over the air stations. If they have been dropped Comcast can currently not carry them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, Clownarama. The voice remote isn't able to recognize/respond to all voice commands you may try to give it. It's a feature that we're continuously working on to add commands to its library for helping its recognition ability. It also isn't something that will bring up explanations and/or tell you why a channel is no longer available or why it's not able to pull certain content up. I want to clarify - you mentioned a Discover channel, are you talking about Decades entirely?

New Poster

DECADES TV - please add to lineup

DECADES TV is badly needed, was recently removed for many antenna viewers in many regions (CBS affiliates dropped itto replace with a new mediocre channel). Would be fantastic if Comcast in Michigan could add it! 

New Poster

Decades TV - Can Xfinity carry it again?

On their website it says

If you are a broadcaster or a cable company and would like to carry Decades, please contact us.

So those saying Comcast cannot get the signal of Decades since it changed over to Start TV, they probably can, if they wanted to. They just need to reach out to Decades TV. Has this happened?

Regular Visitor

Decades

When will the Decades channel be back?

Official Employee

Re: Decades TV - Can Xfinity carry it again?

You can contact them to express your interest in the channel. There is no guarantee we can get it back.

Official Employee

Re: Decades

Hello tedomini, thank you for posting regarding this concern. We don't have a set date when the "Decades" channel will return, please check back in with us towards the end of the year for another update. You can also click on this link and request that this channel be added back to your channel lineup. 

New Poster

Decades Channel

Why did you switch Decades Cannel.... this new on STINKS.......Bring back Decades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Employee

alschuth1 - 

Welcome to the forums, thank you for reaching out. I apologize for any inconvenience. DECADES is no longer being broadcast by WFOR, WTOG, or WWJ-CBS. We have no plans to offer these channels at this time.

New Poster

Decades Channel

When will the Decades channel be returning to the Comcast line up?  It was taken off the air early September, and was reported to be "coming back soon" in the fall.  

Official Employee

Hi, ksbradshaw. Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'm not sure if you have read through this thread, but you're welcome to scroll up for more information. To give you an idea - Decades has a number of different affiliates in different cities across the US and according to their website, it's temporarily unavailable. We do not have any set time or information on its return at this point.

New Poster

Can you please bring Decades back? I really loved it and miss it!

Please bring Decades back! It is a gtrat channel for us baby boomers!

Tags (1)