Community Forum

Decades Channel

New Poster

Decades Channel

What happened to it??

New Poster

Decades TV Channel

I am no longer seeing Decades TV Channel in the channel guide. Where did it go?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Decades TV Channel

Decades is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. Many CBS-owned stations carried Decades, and CBS changed over to Start TV. Comcast just passes on the signal and has no control over the change. In some cities, Decades has or will move to another station.

In Chicago, Decades should be on 359, which is broadcast 26.6, but I think somebody goofed and it is repeating StartTV (338). Hopefully, that will be fixed.

Edit: Just realized that Comcast 359 is actually WMEU 48.2, which is why it is showing Start TV.

Regular Contributor

Also on Channel  338 Comcast Chicago.

Note that the On Screen Guide shows the wrong episodes.

New Poster

Can you please tell me where I may be able to find it in the Atlanta area? So disappointed that it is gone.
Regular Contributor

Go here https://www.starttv.com/ and click on "Where to watch"

Frequent Visitor

Another channel dropped! Decades...

Sigh... here we go again! Decades is now gone from my lineup. It’s now replaced with “StartTV” that has THE WORSE programming ever! I know, Xfinity has nothing to do with this!!! Blah! Blah!Blah... more $ for less!
Regular Visitor

Try this link:

http://www.decades.com/wheretowatch/

Hopefully we'll get it back. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Another channel dropped! Decades...

blame your local CBS affiliate for no longer carrying it on a local subchannel

that's where comcast gets it from

Regular Visitor

I’m upset. Almost weekly I receive Xfinity advertisement letter in the mail that can only be used by first time subscribers. I’ve been with Comcast over 30 years. Yet- you will not send anything to inform us of channel changes! This summer I lost The Food Network and TODAY - The Decades Channel is gone. I’m not paying less money but I am getting LESS choices! It infuriates me that you are so disrespectful to your customers - people pay over $100.00 a month, many much more to watch television... and honestly- you basically have a monopoly because the other choices we have- are just as bad as Comcast. For ONCE , I would like Comcast to be FOR it’s customers— because that is the ONLY reason you exist! Everyone, yes, seriously, everyone, has major complaints...and I see on one of your “complaint forums” there are well over a million posts- and that’s probably just since the start of August 2018, because I saw one forum that was “archieved” July 2018. Heavens— I feel about Comcast like I feel about Trump. And that’s not good at all. I know you won’t respond, because, basically, you don’t care. And it’s evident.
Silver Problem Solver

@bweller_120 wrote:
I’m upset. Almost weekly I receive Xfinity advertisement letter in the mail that can only be used by first time subscribers. I’ve been with Comcast over 30 years. Yet- you will not send anything to inform us of channel changes! This summer I lost The Food Network and TODAY - The Decades Channel is gone. I’m not paying less money but I am getting LESS choices! It infuriates me that you are so disrespectful to your customers - people pay over $100.00 a month, many much more to watch television... and honestly- you basically have a monopoly because the other choices we have- are just as bad as Comcast. For ONCE , I would like Comcast to be FOR it’s customers— because that is the ONLY reason you exist! Everyone, yes, seriously, everyone, has major complaints...and I see on one of your “complaint forums” there are well over a million posts- and that’s probably just since the start of August 2018, because I saw one forum that was “archieved” July 2018. Heavens— I feel about Comcast like I feel about Trump. And that’s not good at all. I know you won’t respond, because, basically, you don’t care. And it’s evident.

As mentioned, Decades is a broadcast channel carried by a local TV station. Comcast just passes on what is carried. CBS-owned stations have replaced Decades with StartTV. Comcast has no choice and cannot simply add Decades on it's own. Another local station would need to pick it up and come to a carriage agreement with Comcast to pass it on.

If you want to be angry, be angry at CBS.

New Poster

Loyal customers are a thing of the past...thats why I'm going to be a past costomer soon...If there are no lower rates this Novemeber I will cut the cord with all cable system in my area...$150 amonth to watch 25 year old programs and pay $ 45  amonth to rent equiptment....

New Poster

so bugged.
New Poster

Saddened by this. One of my favorite channels. I tried to get it over the air using an antenna. No such luck.
Expert

The problem is CBS network. I can confirm the ID channel was dropped by CBS. It is no longer found in Mps. / St. Paul area on over the air channels. CBS replaced the channel with Start TV. Comcast has nothing to do with this.

If you all remember CBS came out with their own app for IPV (streaming video). CBC charges a monthly fee for this app. They put a few new shows on Comcast cable and promptly removed them after one episode. They stated people needed to pay for the app to watch the remaining episodes. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

decades channel

What channel is Decades Channel on now that 236 was taken by another station?

New Poster

I, too, am EXTREMELY disappointed the Decades Channel has been dropped. Its replacement is total garbage. They're making it easier and easier for me to drop their service when things like this happen. Increasingly becoming not worth it.
New Poster

Found this info on the Decades website. Maybe it will be back?
Screenshot_20180904-225417_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180904-225509_Chrome.jpg
New Poster

More info:

"Yet another new diginet is on the way: this time it’s Start TV, a new digital subchannel from Weigel Broadcastingtargeted to women 25-54 featuring female-skewing hour-long procedural dramas. Shows featured include The Closer, Medium, Crossing Jordan, Cold Case, Profiler, and The Division. Also coming is The Good Wife in January 2019. CBS Television Stations is the launch partner.

““We are excited to launch the Start TV Network with the CBS Television Stations,” said Neal Sabin, Vice Chairman of Weigel. “Each of these acclaimed TV series is built around compelling female lead characters and portrayed by amazing award-winning actresses. This is an exciting network concept and great opportunity to present these proven procedural dramas.””

The launch takes place on September 3 (Labor Day) with each show stripped in the same time period every day of the week. Headliner programs are being showcased with multiple episodes airing in multi-hour blocks in a “mini-binge” format.

CBS will add Start TV to its digital subchannels on its owned-and-operated stations including WBBM-TV in Chicago, where it will replace Decades on its 2.2 and 48.4 frequencies. Weigel is adding Start TV to its stations in St. Louis, Salt Lake City, Milwaukee, and South Bend, and is also being added by Bahakel Communications’ station group, giving Start TV 42 percent of the country at launch.

In Los Angeles and Chicago, Decades is expected to relocate to one of Weigel’s frequencies though didn’t specify which (in Chicago, either WCIU or WMEU) as the fate of Decades in other CBS markets has yet to be determined. Weigel said it remains committed to Decades, but the channel has had rough footing on a program format since its launch in 2015. Decades continues to produce some original programming, such as the one-hour strip Through The Decades, hosted by Bill Kurtis. Originally scheduled as a six-hour programming block airing four times every weekday, Decades now consists of off-network sitcoms during the day and documentaries and classic variety and talk shows in the evening hours, and weekend “binges” of classic TV shows."
New Poster

Channels

What happened to the decades channel I really enjoyed watching it
Regular Contributor

in Detroit it is moving to a low powered TV station that is not carried by comcast,

nor should comcast carry every flea powered LPTV station

New Poster

New Poster

It went away in Chicago but I did just find Decades on 359 this morning

Expert

Anyone living close enough to a metro area and able to use an antenna for over the air channels. Don't forget to run a new search to pick up new channels, or channels changes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

In California it’s on 380 but you’ll still be disappointed because none of the same programs are on. Not one single show I’ll ever watch 😭 I’m very disappointed.
New Poster

I'm not sure whom to blame, then - at least in Philadelphia.    Decades is apparently still being broadcast here on digital channel 2.5, yet no longer available on Comcast.     

Official Employee

On Sept 3 CBS affiliates KDKA and KYW, among many others that changed from Decades to Start TV

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@christine_carus wrote:
In California it’s on 380 but you’ll still be disappointed because none of the same programs are on. Not one single show I’ll ever watch 😭 I’m very disappointed.

Let me guess...it's showing mainly hour-long shows like:
Joan of Arcadia

Early Edition
Touched by an Angel

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
Medium
Cold Case
and The Closer?

That's not Decades any more...you're in one of the (many) cities where Decades has been replaced by Start TV.

According to Wikipedia, here is a list of the cities where Decades has been replaced by Start TV - if you get one of these channels on your system, chances are that you are affected:
Atlanta - WUPA
Baltimore - WJZ
Boston - WBZ
Chicago - WBBM
Dallas – KTVT
Denver - KCNC
Detroit - WWJ
Indianapolis - WBXI
Los Angeles - KCBS
Miami - WFOR
Minneapolis - WCCO
New York - WCBS
Philadelphia - KYW
Pittsburgh - KDKA
Sacramento - KOVR
San Francisco - KPIX
Seattle - KSTW
South Bend - WCWW
Tampa - WTOG
Walker–Bemidji, MN - KCCW

New Poster

Re: Decades Channel

Called Comcast in Philly  They took it off for Start TV.  All murder type dramas because we dont enough of them already.  They said if enough peopel complain they will bring it back 

New Poster

I agree with Griffin family....this new station is absolutely horrible...don't like it & don't want it...bring decades back now...
New Poster

KFFV 44.4 in Bellingham Market

Now that Start TV has taken over the space on 355, it would be nice if you carried KFFV 44.4 in the Bellingham WA market so that we still had acced to Decades.  Losing that channel is a real disservice to your customers in the Bellingham area.

Tags (3)
Regular Contributor

Re: KFFV 44.4 in Bellingham Market

comcast can't broadcast Decades without a local station carrying it....go call the local stations

Regular Visitor

KJWP channel 2, which Comcast carries in the Phila. area has picked it up on subchannel 2.5, and Comcast has chosen not to include that channel, so there's no guarantee that having a local channel pick it up will accomplish anything.

Regular Visitor

We have Decades on a local station but Comcast doesn't carry it.  We actually had it on two local broadcast sister stations (one in Seattle and one in Bellingham).  The Seattle station moved to Start.  It would be nice if they added the Bellingham station.

Frequent Visitor

New Poster

What does Trump have to do with this? Start trying to focus on the subject. I miss Decades channel and I want it back. CBS affiliate or not. XFinity has tremendous leverage on programming. Let’s see them correct this matter.
New Poster

channel

what is the decade channel?

Frequent Visitor

Re: channel

Decades is a classic channel with a twist. They show a daily news show with significant historical events that happened on that particular day. In addition, they show small biographies and binge weekends with classic shows and movies you can't find on many other classic stations. The historical element is the best element of this station.

Frequent Visitor

I do not agree.  Comcast makes enough money from us to be able to have a significant say in what it provides (or lack there of) to it's consumers. They are greedy just like the entire industry--CBS, NBC, ABC, or any so-called "premium" station. I was really looking forward to seeing more classic television shows that are not typically broadcasted on classic television shows such as "Family" or possibly something like "Life Goes On." In addition, Decades provided history--day to day history that people who are unable to afford "premium" channels such as HISTORY are unable to get.  I remember when CBS, ABC, NBC, WPIX, WWOR, WNET and all local broadcasting was free and accessible.  Now to get BASIC stations with internet costs upward of $90 per month. In my area, cable is mandatory in order to see anything--including live news. Live news and internet is vital to keeping up with almost any current events unless you can still manage to find a printed paper. Yet, EVERY year, another channel is dropped and the price goes up! Xfinity has the leverage to make major changes to what they provide, what they lack is loyalty to the consumer.

Regular Visitor

Everything is fixed now.  Channel 359 is now Decardes with the on screen listing displaying

Decades and the correct programs.   Channel 359 is the correct channel in Chicago area.

New Poster

Decades

When will the Decades cjhannel be available on Xfinity? 

New Poster

TV channel "Decades"

What happened to the "Decades"? It was on channel 930.

Silver Problem Solver

@km716 wrote:

KJWP channel 2, which Comcast carries in the Phila. area has picked it up on subchannel 2.5, and Comcast has chosen not to include that channel, so there's no guarantee that having a local channel pick it up will accomplish anything.

KJWP is now WDPN. Also, Decades is on 2.6, which is new. Depending on the carriage agreement they have with Comcast, they may have to come to a new agreement, or it may just take a awhile for Comcast to set up adding a new channel number.

"On December 17, 2015, PMCM TV agreed to sell KJWP to Allentown-based Maranatha Broadcasting Company (owner of WFMZ-TV) for an undisclosed price. The deal will create a duopoly in the Philadelphia market with WFMZ, with the two stations serving different parts of the market.[19] The deal was finalized nearly two years later, on August 31, 2017. On September 4, 2018, the call letters were changed to WDPN-TV.[5]"

Regular Visitor

Everything is not fixed now in California on Comcast. 

Regular Visitor

This has been resolved.  It's now on 347.

New Poster

I am not happy with Decades TV Channel being dropped in Minneapolis/St. Paul.  I do NOT like Start TV.

Please bring back Decades so I can watch the shows I love.

Signed a VERY VERY UNHAPPY customer!!!!!

New Poster

COMCAST used to have DECADES on channel 338 in Chicago from Memorial Day 2015 till Labor Day 2018.  Then, on Labor Day 2018 - channel 338 was a new channel called START.  However, on the morning of Friday, Sept 7 - COMCAST brought back DECADES!!  Now in Chicago, COMCAST is on channel 359.  Can someone tell me what was on channel 359 in Chicago prior to Labor Day 2018?  

New Poster

CORRECTION!  Can someone tell me what was on channel 359 in Chicago on Mon Sept 3, Tues Sept 4, Wed Sept 5 and Thurs Sept 6 ????   

Silver Problem Solver

359 used to just loop some WCIU shows. It was briefly a duplicate of StartTV because it was sourced from WMEU 48.2. It is now properly sourced from WCIU 26.6.

New Poster

Bring back decades channel. Had good shows on there. Pay all this money and can’t find something to watch. Pretty sad