Community Forum

DVR Auto Extend Live Events

Silver Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: ** Super Bowl LI - No Auto Extend & No Record Choice over 30 Minutes !!!!!! :-(

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: DVR Auto Extend Live Events

Frequent Visitor

I have X1 and auto extend worked for a while as a specific option.  Now there is no option. Big step backwards. Why??

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

As an example I was watching the Chicago Bears today and it did not auto extend so I missed the overtime game winning play. 

New Poster

Nice job COMCAST. I just messed the end of the Minnesota Saints playoff game I dvr'd when the auto extend did not work. You did not give the option to extend past one half hour. 

Frequent Visitor

Same thing happened to me. Greatest ending ever! What can we do?

@Adm32 wrote:

Nice job COMCAST. I just messed the end of the Minnesota Saints playoff game I dvr'd when the auto extend did not work. You did not give the option to extend past one half hour. 

Frequent Visitor

Hmmm. I am able to extend 1-1/2 hours. Probably varies in different parts of the country. I think the auto-extend did kick in for me on one of the really long games this weekend. But I've been caught before in the same frustrating situation you found yourself in.

Until -- if ever -- Xfinity remedies this once and for all, the only solution I know of is to record a large block of shows following any important sports event that might go long.

New Poster

Does auto extend always add at least 30 minutes to a sporting event scheduled time? I have noticed several events that have ended on time but significant time was added to the recordings. It is taking up lots of extra space on the DVR with events I may want to keep for a while. 

Is is there any way to turn off the auto extend feature?  

The latest examples were NCAA tournament basketball games. 

Regular Visitor

The notice above says “”Auto Extend” will no longer appear as the default “Stop” option in Record Options for eligible live sports programs. All programs will default to “On Time.”” If this is the case, then remove the statement “Recording time will automatically extend if this program runs long” from my tv screen Record Options! I just missed the extra time and ending of the UEFA Super Cup! Awful.
E957779A-F068-44BF-8C42-AA01EDDE5833.jpeg
New Poster

The "DVR Auto Extend Live Events" stopped recording with over 5 minutes left in the Michigan/ SMU football game. I'll never trust it again. 

Frequent Visitor

It’s incredible that this topic has been active for over 3 years and Comcast has done nothing to remedy it. Yo! Anybody home?
Regular Contributor

@jbgood wrote:

The "DVR Auto Extend Live Events" stopped recording with over 5 minutes left in the Michigan/ SMU football game. I'll never trust it again. 

ALWAYS go out 90 minutes

New Poster

Is there any way to turn this off? I sometimes have to DVR multiple games, and frequently they are on one after the other, with the Auto Extend screwing it up. I get why they added the option, but I don't understand why there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off.