Community Forum

DIY Network HD Channel Missing

New Poster

DIY Network HD Channel Missing

There was a thread asking about why this channel wasn't available and it was started 3 years ago. People had been adding onto the thread asking for the channel to be added but today someone from Comast just decided to close the thread.

I'm opening a new thread just to show that people do want this channel in HD, especially since it's available in HD from many other sources.

Official Employee

Re: DIY Network HD Channel Missing

Hello, GeorgeIoak. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. Our content teams work daily to bring you the best, most expansive programming possible. In some cases, however, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular television episodes, series, or even channels. We’re always evaluating our catalog as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future. We appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass it along. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastTambrey wrote:

Hello, GeorgeIoak. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. Our content teams work daily to bring you the best, most expansive programming possible. In some cases, however, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular television episodes, series, or even channels. We’re always evaluating our catalog as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future. We appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass it along. 

With all due respect.... the issue for the last 12 years for me in 32448 has been Comcast's refusal to add DIY in HD to our area. It's not that Comcast doesnt carry this channel in HD in other parts of the country.... because they do.... its that for somereason they have made the decision NOT to add it to those missing areas in HD. It is carried in 32448 in breathtaking SD..... just waiting for the HD version..... based on past experience..... will likely be waiting another 12 years at least. 

Official Employee

We appreciate your feedback, psdstu. 

We may not currently have an agreement to carry this channel in all our areas, which is why channel lineup and availability can range from area to area. With so many new channels being introduced from various programmers, and the diverse interests of our customers, we strive to provide a wide variety of quality services that will be of value to all of our customers. Each channel is chosen based on many factors, such as:

• Quality and diversity of programming
  • Legal requirements
  • Federal regulations and restrictions
  • Carriage agreements with the programmer
  • Customer feedback and requests

While we cannot make any promises that network will be added in HD to your channel lineup in the future, we have noted your interest. If that changes, we would likely notify you in your bill if/when a particular channel will be added to your lineup. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Greetings, I am also requesting DIY Network in the Charlottesville, VA market. Barnwood Builders is my favorite show, and their shop is only a couple hours from us in Charlottesville. We can watch some DIY Network programming in HD on ONDemand, but not everything. This is the type of programming that really benefits from HD. Please include DIY Network HD in your next carriage discussion for Charlottesville, VA

Official Employee

Welcome, cmahometech. Thank you for posting and for providing your feedback/suggestion about this network. We will be sure to pass this along as well, thank you!