Community Forum

Complaint

New Poster

Complaint

I am only on my third billing cycle and have already lost channels. My kids love to watch the Cartoon Network Channel, and it now has been taken away as well. I am paying the same amount each month, but they keep taking channels away. I called Customer service, and all they wanted to do was upsell me to a better bundle. Now with 3 Major competitors, plus Netflix and Hulu I believe I am going to switch providers. Since Customer Service to Xfinity is basically the Sales department, and there is no complaint line or email, who do you contact when you have an issue?
Admin1

Re: Complaint

Hi 56ChevyWill -- Each year, we consider changes to our channel lineup to better align our more popular packages with the most viewed programming. Comcast may rearrange or change programming, features or offerings included within the services. We regularly evaluate our packages to ensure they include the best combination of programming options to appeal to our customers.

While Comcast does not have a dedicated complaint line, any of our front line agents are capable of assisting you with your issue. I understand it may be frustrating but the only way to get Cartoon Network would be to upgrade to the channel lineup it appears in. 

New Poster

I think it’s really too bad that they had to take away Food Network in your own already a basic service most of it it’s because of budget Comcast better wake up
New Poster

You guys do realize you are going to hemorrage customers doing this garbage right? I mean I know you guys see nothing but dollar signs but I sure as heck hope you see fewer. 

New Poster

"Each year, we consider changes to our channel lineup to better align our more popular packages with the most viewed programming. Comcast may rearrange or change programming, features or offerings included within the services."

So in corporate speak this means  'This is a very popular channel, let's add it to the more expensive packages so that we can upsell it'

Don't even bother replying Comcast.. that's exactly the case here.

New Poster

Basically. I had a bunch of channels blocked out and placed in another tier. Only thing a rep wanted to help do was try to upsell me on the next tier to regain those lost channels. When I relented, I was told to "hang in there" while Comcast is rolling out the new packages. They already took a lot of good channels away however they're still charging me the same price. I don't care if I was notified on a prior bill of a line up change, it's ridiculous and awful.

New Poster

I just found out the food network is now gone. Looks like Im going to try to find equilvalent channels under Dish TV and move to that  supplier. This is just plain silly, with all the new cable features than can be made available and you can easily profit from,, why intefere with the service  of your  customer base of long standing customers.

How Greedy can you possibly get before it starts affecting your bottom line.

At least optimum would give you advance notice, not just take it away from people that pay online and arent exactly looking at the fine print. A letter should have gone out about this. 

Expert

@jcf304 wrote:

I just found out the food network is now gone. Looks like Im going to try to find equilvalent channels under Dish TV and move to that  supplier. This is just plain silly, with all the new cable features than can be made available and you can easily profit from,, why intefere with the service  of your  customer base of long standing customers.

How Greedy can you possibly get before it starts affecting your bottom line.

At least optimum would give you advance notice, not just take it away from people that pay online and arent exactly looking at the fine print. A letter should have gone out about this. 

What fine print?  It was noted in your bill.  Do you read the notes printed on your bill?  Why should Comcast send a letter when it already notified you?  I pay my bill online and I certainly read my bill before paying it.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Comcast increased the price a few months ago and now they took away two of my favorite channels - TruTV and The Food Network. For the past few years, I had been thinking of switching to FIOS but never got around to it. This is the motivation that I need to get off my butt and finally do it. BYE Comcast!

New Poster

I do not watch TV much, but when I do, I watch MSNBC. Comcast snatched MSNBC away and left CNN and Fox. When I called to complain, the sales rep offered me an upgrade and said that it was the SAME price as the Economy Basic package. When I pressed them on it, they admitted that they were not completely accurate about the pricing because I would have to be locked into a 2-year agreement and for the second year my monthly bill would increase 30%. Therefore, it is NOT the same price, so stop misleading people COMCAST! Of course, I declined the upgrade but I still think this is Comcast's way of squeezing more money from folks that are already on a budget, i.e. Economy Basic. I will find another way to watch or listen to the one deleted channel that I prefer. Thanks Comcast. I am sure I have been a customer for way too long and it is time for change.

Regular Contributor

What does this mean?

" Each year, we consider changes to our channel lineup to better align our more popular packages with the most viewed programming. "

.Net Programmer
Regular Contributor

They also removed tons of sports channels in the past two years. They didn't even get a chance to Pay more for it nothing simply removed.