Comet

Tlemish63
New Poster

Comet

Only audio no picture in zip 34997
andyross
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comet

Comet TV is a broadcat network carried by a local TV station. It appears yours comes via WPEC (their main channel is CBS.) It's likely an issue with the original broadcast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WPEC

I should also mention that here in the Chicago area, one TV station has started airing some of their subchannels using MPEG4. This can affect older tuners that do not support it. It shouldn't affect cable boxes, unless they are very old boxes. I think even DTA's support MPEG4. Depending on how Comcast gets the signal, that receiver or how it's processed may not work.

ComcastJosephB
Official Employee

Re: Comet

Hello, @Tlemish63, sorry about that. I know it's always strange hearing a show but not being able to see it. Have you reset your cable box and made sure the issue is not happening on any other channels? If this was happening to me I would reset the cable box and remove the HDMI cord (or the cord between your TV and cable box) from the box and plug it back in. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!