Community Forum

Comet removed without notice

New Poster

Comet removed without notice

I am very frustrated over the number of changes that have been made to my channel lineup without either any notice or compensation for the loss of these stations.  In particular, I am speaking of Comet, MeTV, WTHR HD, and WRTV HD.  It addition, it is quickly becoming apparent that Xfinity is less and less concerned about customer relations.  Two nights ago, I "chatted" with an agent about my above frustrations and she informed me that a "ticket" was created listing my concerns and that I would receive a phone call for an Xfinity rep in the next 24-36 hours.  Well, that didn't happen.

MetroNet is starting to look better and better...

Official Employee

Re: Comet removed without notice

Sorry that you didn’t get a call back. Check your April billing statement, all notifications of channel changes made on June 19, were included.
New Poster

MeTV and Comet were channels I regularly watch. Hundreds of channels that I am paying for that I NEVER watch, and you stop broadcasting these. I have been considering looking at other options, not it's a certainty.

New Poster

ComcastAndrew:

Thanks for your reply.  There's nothing on my April stating that Comet will be discontinued (see below). 

Comet, along with many of the discontinued channels listed below, was one of my favorite channels.  Why should I continue to subscribe to a service that doesn't

fit my needs as well as one of your competitors will.  (That competitor, by the way, still carries all of the stations Comcast just discontinued.)  Channels are dropped, but are subscription prices are lowered when this happens?     We both know the answer to that question. 

Tim and Kathleen Slauter

On June 19, 2018, WRTV HD ABC (channel 1006), WRTV-Grit ABC (channels 420, 1196),
and WRTV Laff TV (channels 421, 1195) will no longer be available on your channel lineup.
ABC programming will remain available on WRTV ABC at its new channel, 1189. WTHR
HD NBC (channel 1013), WTHR CoziTV (channels 433, 1194), and WTHR-MeTV (channels
510, 1193) will no longer be available on your channel lineup. NBC programming will remain
available on WTHR NBC at its new channel, 1192.

Valued Contributor

@kslauter53 wrote:

ComcastAndrew:

Thanks for your reply.  There's nothing on my April stating that Comet will be discontinued (see below). 

Comet, along with many of the discontinued channels listed below, was one of my favorite channels.  Why should I continue to subscribe to a service that doesn't

fit my needs as well as one of your competitors will.  (That competitor, by the way, still carries all of the stations Comcast just discontinued.)  Channels are dropped, but are subscription prices are lowered when this happens?     We both know the answer to that question. 

Tim and Kathleen Slauter

On June 19, 2018, WRTV HD ABC (channel 1006), WRTV-Grit ABC (channels 420, 1196),
and WRTV Laff TV (channels 421, 1195) will no longer be available on your channel lineup.
ABC programming will remain available on WRTV ABC at its new channel, 1189. WTHR
HD NBC (channel 1013), WTHR CoziTV (channels 433, 1194), and WTHR-MeTV (channels
510, 1193) will no longer be available on your channel lineup. NBC programming will remain
available on WTHR NBC at its new channel, 1192.

Comet is a broadcast (over-the-air) channel. If it is not broadcast on a subchannel in your market, no cable company can provide it to you. Contact the broadcast channels in your area to see if one of them will send it out on one of their subchannels.