Community Forum

Comcast removing from my lineup FOX , FX, and others starting OCt 2018 says there was a mistake

Frequent Visitor

Comcast removing from my lineup FOX , FX, and others starting OCt 2018 says there was a mistake

Very disapponted in this action  as We I singed up these channels were include. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast removing from my lineup FOX , FX, and others starting OCt 2018 says there was a mistake

What level service do you have? Fox is a broadcast network and that should be in all packages.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Comcast removing from my lineup FOX , FX, and others starting OCt 2018 says there was a mistake

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hello all, I have COMCAST INTERNET PLUS and have had it for the last 2-3 years , now all of a sudden COMCAST is going to remove FOX and FX starting OCT 1 2018! WOW seems like they are getting GREEDY to me! Comcast indicated in a letter that they made a mistake with the those channels in the INTERNET PLUS Package. WOW a mistake after 2-3 years!!!!!!

Any way I just cant buy FOX separately, I would have to purchase a new package called DOUBLE PLAY for  $25.00 more a month .

I have previously enjoyed my COMCAST service and relationship for the past 10 years or more , but now I am rethinking that situation! I really do not have a need for a higher speed internet or more channel’s that I have no use for.

Our family is on fixed income and I do not want to pay $25.00 more a month just for FOX I don’t care about FX .

CNN, CNBC HLN ABC , CBS.PBS  and NBC mostly are way to liberal for my news tastes. FOX was the only news channel that was  providing me with a FIAR and Balanced News report .

So I am will miss the FOX channel and NOT PAY COMCAST any more money for their MISTAKE!!

Rob

Bronze Problem Solver

robo36 -- I can look at your account as I mentioned previously. I would need your information. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hello Shane, I sent the info that you asked for. Let me know if you received it .

Thanks 

rob

Bronze Problem Solver

Thank you Rob,

Looking at your account I see you have the Internet Plus and those channels aren't included. The lowest tier for these would be the Starter. Have they worked before on your account?  

Frequent Visitor

Hello Shane thanks for the fast response.

You mention FOX is not included in was for 2-3 years !!!

Any way I wonder if you can share the INTERNET PLUS channel line up link so I can see what you see!! I tried searching the internet and cannot fine the line up for INTERNET PLUS. 

My current channels still show FOX listed !!

Rob

PS I was able to find the STARTER package channels and they list FOX but exclude HBO!!!  And I do not know what the pricing would be with Starter Package and Internet for a month do you???

Silver Problem Solver

Internet Plus is an oddball package. Mainly Internet and a few very limited channels. Most likely, Fox is asking for too much money to carry their channels.

It may be hard to find, but I think there may still be something like "Limited Basic" which is mainly just broadcast channels. It's below Starter.

Frequent Visitor

Hello Shane, many thanks for checking into  a COMCAST package that I can use.

I would appreciate how I can proceed regarding your recommendations upgrading to the X1 Double Play Starter.

thanks 

RObert