Community Forum

Comcast removed some channels

New Poster

Re: Comcast removed some channels

Good morning:

Is there a way i can re-obtain the channels that I was informed last night that would be removed included We, Oxygen and ID Network? I watch these channels religiously.  The CSR said something to the effect of these channels contracts with Comcast being over although I'm unclear what that means and it's it something that's permanent.

Thank you,

Adam Rivera

Official Employee

Hello, Adamr72. Our new channel lineups are slowly rolling into effect. If you have already made the change, it is permanent. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you for the response but can you please clarify? What caused these channels such as WE, TruTV, ID, UP to be removed..? Where can they be found/viewed?

Thank you
Official Employee

In your area, they are no longer available. Every so often, cable providers will review the channels and make any changes necessary. Unfortunately, those channels were removed and not accessible anymore. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I recently lost many channels because I was tricked into a new package that was supposed to speed up my internet nothing more I was told I wouldn't lose any channels so I agreed my previous package included every channel which is what I want it's what I always had my son still has it and so does my sister when I called and told them they bait and switched me and I was going to contact a lawyer since bait and switch is illegal I was told I can get those channels back if I paid for them ala carte I need to know what is going on why is it I can "pay" for the channels but I can't get my old package back?  Someone at Comcast needs to put the customer first nothing but lies are happening here why can't we have the channels we want this is 2018 is it so hard to offer only channels that we want instead of these packages with all of these unnecessary channels?  I am so angry over this I am exploring other options enough is enough.

New Poster

I can’t wait for my contract to end. I will drop Comcast the same way they’re dropping channels. Needless to say I highly dislike this underhanded move.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, Vika711. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

What channels are you missing? Some channels were simply moved to different tiers. If that is the case for what you are looking for, I would be more than happy to help make any change needed to get those channels back. 

New Poster

So “basic cable” is no longer basic because you’ve removed channels that used to come with basic packages. I’ve just moved back from traveling for four years. Here is what Americans don’t realize: Xfinity and it’s subsidiaries charge far less and offer more channels in almost every other country they are in regardless of the standard of living in that other country. It’s almost only Americans they charge this much for so little because they assume we will just pay it. As soon as I can switch providers that’s exactly what I’ll be doing. Paying for your substandard cable just so I can get internet because I’ve long ago stopped watching any tv with commercials? I cannot wait for the day when your services are like DVDs, outdated and useless.
Official Employee

Hello, AnarchyEDU! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I would be more than happy to look over your account and see if there are any alternative options available to help lower your monthly rate. Please feel free to send me a Private Message with your full name so I can assist.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Frequent Visitor

I wonder what that Comcast Customer Solutions Manager, who told me it's not
Comcast's fault they were forced to drop many of my family's favorite cable channels from their channel lineup........they were forced to do it, at the request of each of those cable networks, explanation's going to be; when I tell her the emails I've receiving from those networks, say dropping their programming was a decision made entirely by Comcast. 

Official Employee

Hi @bethanyg1

We apologize for the inconvenience, these changes were communicated in your March or February bills. 

These changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors including programming costs, alternative viewing options and overall viewing habits (e.g., more lightly viewed programming).

We understand that some customers, like you, find this programming valuable, and we are sorry to disappoint you. I'd be more than happy to review the options that are available now. If interested send me a private message including your first and last name. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Frequent Visitor

Che,

I'm not supposed to be angry, after being told by a Comcast employee, the cable networks, my family & I watched the most were dropped from their channel lineup, at the request of each network.  Then hearing from each network I contacted, none of them asked Comcast to drop their programming.  

New Poster

I been with them 5 years. They took away everything but my basic free channels. They said my package should not have any channels
When I asked to just keep internet it cost more than what I have. I am also going to be looking elsewhere and telling all my family and friends what they did
New Poster

This is your answer!!! I cannot afford to add another dime to my monthly bills!!! I ordered the basic package which included The Food Network and several other channels I enjoy. So your change in my basic plan benefits Xfinity by charging more to me and other existing customers for channels we ALREADY HAVE!!!!!! Very disappointing. I will be seeking out other options for my cable & internet needs.
New Poster

Investigation Discovery is among the top networks on cable. There are so many customers ticked off about losing this channel. Nothing I can do tho. You are a mega-giant media monopoly and I should just be happy to pay $150/mo. ,No< greatful> You allow me to be a customer. Thank You comcast. I would like to call and thank an accual human but I have a job and don't have time to sit on hold for hours.

New Poster

So, I am 3 1/2 months into my agreement with Comcast and I come home tonight and I notice that I am missing a lot of channels on my package. I don't have a complete list of everything that is missing but it appears that the below are channels that I had before but suddenly don't have as of the night of 11/14/18:

Animal Planet

ESPN

ESPN2

Fox Sports

TNT

TBS

CTV

AMC

TCM
USA

TOON

Nickelodeon

Comedy Central

E!

Travel

TLC

Hallmark

DIscovery

Lifetime

A&E
CNN

CNBC

FX

Fox Sports Southeast

truTV

HGTV

SyFy

Disney

Food

History

MSNBC

CSPAN2

I have a message Comcast Cares via Twitter to get information on what happened but am fully expecting to find out that Comcast decided to change the channel lineup of the package that I am on and that the above channels were moved into a different, more expensive package and if I want the channels back, then I had better pony up the cash and move into a more expensive plan.

I am hoping that is somehow not the case, as that is a TON of channels to suddenly lose overnight but I basically expect to find that it is the case and that Comcast decided to change the lineup on my package.

Regular Contributor

@Ts9 wrote:
Comcast was and is overpriced,you take away channels and still charge the same ...if you take away shouldn’t my bill be lower,,what a horrible move ,you take away the food network and the weather channel,,really??time for me to cut your channels completely and go with amazon tv and Netflix.

Please see section #4 - Changes to Services within this link here: https://www.xfinity.com/corporate/customers/policies/subscriberagreement to find out more information regarding our agreement terms for residential services.