Community Forum

Comcast remote's "Info" button leading to "Cast and Crew"

Frequent Visitor

Comcast remote's "Info" button leading to "Cast and Crew"

On my X-1 remote there is an "Info" button. Pressing that brings up a program summary. Also, using the down button, "Cast and Crew" can be selected. All of you know that BUT:

Where does the "Cast and Crew" information come from / how does it get entered into ...whatever...so it appears on screen?

I have found, in many cases, cast member lists in old shows ("Death Valley Days", "The Lone Ranger", "Paladin", etc) are woefully incomplete with many mainstream actors not listed in what are probably first appearances.  The names do appear in the end-of-show credits.  Someone, at some point looked at the credits and entered pertainent information into "something" which then appears in the Cast and Crew area of the show. 

I challenge someone to find out how.  I have tried Comcast Chat (they have no idea). The only answers have been of the "not  in my pay grade" variety or pointing to the network (SFM for example).

Official Employee

Re: Comcast remote's "Info" button leading to "Cast and Crew"

@jgriffs wrote:

On my X-1 remote there is an "Info" button. Pressing that brings up a program summary. Also, using the down button, "Cast and Crew" can be selected. All of you know that BUT:

Where does the "Cast and Crew" information come from / how does it get entered into ...whatever...so it appears on screen?

I have found, in many cases, cast member lists in old shows ("Death Valley Days", "The Lone Ranger", "Paladin", etc) are woefully incomplete with many mainstream actors not listed in what are probably first appearances.  The names do appear in the end-of-show credits.  Someone, at some point looked at the credits and entered pertainent information into "something" which then appears in the Cast and Crew area of the show. 

I challenge someone to find out how.  I have tried Comcast Chat (they have no idea). The only answers have been of the "not  in my pay grade" variety or pointing to the network (SFM for example).

Just to clarify, the guide data (descriptions and star ratings) that Comcast and most all North American cable providers use comes from Gracenote.

Gracenote company website: http://www.gracenote.com/

TV Listings: http://www.gracenote.com/video/global-video-data/

Gracenote wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracenote

Gracenote gathers, provides and distributes thousands of channel's program listings covering hundreds of thousands of programs. There are occasionally errors. We work with Gracenote and our network and broadcast partners to minimize errors and provide the most updated, accurate and detailed listings possible.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Comcast remote's "Info" button leading to "Cast and Crew"

The new box has been nothing but trouble.  Pressing Info and using the up and down buttons only show the bottom part of the program info.  With the old box this used to show the cast information.  How do you do that with the new box?