Community Forum

Comcast remote doesn't change channels automatically after pressing the number

Contributor

Comcast remote doesn't change channels automatically after pressing the number

I have had this problem for awhile now. I press the number, and the remote does't change the channel. Everything else is fine. Cable power is on. Is there something I can do or is it just a bad remote and I need to replace it?

Tags (2)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast remote doesn't change channels automatically after pressing the number

if you are sure you have fresh batteries in the remote, unplug the box to reset it. That should take care of the lag issue

Contributor

Re: Comcast remote doesn't change channels automatically after pressing the number

Thanks for the idea. There is no lag, it just won't change the channel unless I press the ok button.

Silver Problem Solver

so you should be pressing the guide button to show the guide, then press ok when you find a show to watch.   does the up and down channel buttons work.   so what exactly is your issue.

Regular Contributor

Do you notice this issue when changing to a 3 digit channel number or just 1 and 2? In other words if you hit 1 and then 2 does it just stay on current channel but if you hit 0,1,2 does it change without hitting "ok"? box might not be set to auot tune the channel. If that is the case everything has to be a 3 digit number...

Silver Problem Solver

If the box is not set up for Auto Tune do this

Hit MENU to get to the Main Menu

Go to SETUP

Select GUIDE SETUP

Find the Channe Entry Method line and make sure it is set for AUTO TUNE. It could be set to NO AUTO TUNE. Change it if needed.

New Poster

For those remotes that don’t work.  A friend who is in the industry, came by and checked mine.  He said a lot of these silver remotes are out there and are not programed to any of the boxes.   Power On and Off, Volume and Mute work, but can’t change channel.

This is what he did:

Click on CABLE once at top.

Click on SET-UP and hold until CABLE light blinks twice.

Key in 9-8-2.  CABLE light will blink 4 times if you did right.

Hold SET-UP until CABLE blinks 2 more times.

Key in 01376 and CABLE light will blink twice.

Congratulations, you have just programmed your remote to the Motorola Cable Box you were given.

Also, he said if you click ON DEMAND button and it goes to 19 then 200, your ON DEMAND button will not work, but if you use the #1 button, On Demand will work.