Community Forum

Comcast not listed as a provider for Comedy Central Apps after 1 1/2 Years

New Poster

Comcast not listed as a provider for Comedy Central Apps after 1 1/2 Years

After 1 1/2 years of stating by Comcast they are working out network and apps agreement with Comedy Central and Viacom, there is still no update or sucessess.

When I wrote the POS Comcast Chat Customer Service in India, they gave me no information and instructed me to contact Comedy Central.

I tried to explain that I pay Comcast each month as a customer and not Comedy Central, Comcast Customer Service still refused to offer any update or explaniation to the issue.

Why has this problem with Comedy Central and Viacom not been addressed or made public by Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast not listed as a provider for Comedy Central Apps after 1 1/2 Years

Now Comedy Central is gone from my channel lineup. And when I attempt to add it, Comcast website tells me to call a number.  That number sends me to a web page, which is the very same web page that just told me to call that number.  Get you act together!

New Poster

In addition to having these issues, it has extended to using WEBSITES (not apps) to stream content. I tried to watch a show on Comedy Central that Xfinity couldn't find. So I went to comedycentral.com, found the page about the show and clicked on the embedded video of the episode I wanted to watch. Instead of playing, it asked me who my cable provider was and Comcast / Xfinity was not listed. I have been contacting customer support all weekend and all they will say is "we don't troubleshoot 3rd party apps."

Frequent Visitor

I spent two support chats and two support phone calls dealing with this with Xfinity.  The result is that Comedy Central broadcast to my TV is fixed.  Comedy Central on-demand and on the Comedy Central website still don't work for me.

New Poster

You do realize it’s the networks and not xfinty that gives the permission for streaming. They can’t help in that matter so just expressing it to Comedy Central would be the best
New Poster

You do realize it’s the networks and not xfinty that gives the permission for streaming. They can’t help in that matter so just expressing it to Comedy Central would be the best. Company can’t make happen what the network won’t allow