Community Forum

Comcast discontinuing Big Ten Network in states without Big Ten teams

New Poster

Comcast discontinuing Big Ten Network in states without Big Ten teams

I don't understand why Comcast is dropping the Big Ten Network in Florida where I live. Thousands of retirees from states with Big Ten teams live in Florida or other southern states.  I gladly pay extra for the sports package so I can watch the BTN and other sporting events and not have to watch the numerous other channels that I have no interest in but must still pay for. This is just another way for Comcast to drive their customers moving to competitors.

Admin1

Re: Comcast discontinuing Big Ten Network in states without Big Ten teams

Hi jim16g -- We can understand your frustration with this channel change. This is happened because several years ago, we responded to the interests of some sports fans in certain markets by adding a limited number of out-of-market sports channels to the Sports Entertainment Package. In the years since, the opportunities for fans to connect with their sports interests outside the area where they live has grown dramatically, on line and on apps. As a result, viewership of these often-blacked-out channels has dropped to a point where they no longer represented an appropriate value for Sports Entertainment Package customers.