Community Forum

Comcast Xfinity not listed as a provider for NFL Red Zone streaming/app

New Poster

Re: Comcast Xfinity not listed as a provider for NFL Red Zone streaming/app

This is outrageous! As much as my bill is, I should be able to watch whatever I choose whenever I want to on any device I want to. Maybe you people should be more worried about making your customers happy instead of what kind on profanity people are using in their comments to describe your service. Maybe people wouldn't be trashing you service with profane comments if you got off of your "butts" and did something about it. It looks like every other cable provider in the world has the option to stream NFL Network except Comcast. Unacceptable!!!

Frequent Visitor

Many of us compained about this lack of support for subscribers last year.  Look how much THAT got us!!

Very soon cable companies who do not support their subscribers will go belly-up.  And then the last person at Comcast can turn off the lights.  Unacceptable!!!!!!!!

Official Employee
Moved:

removed, violation of Forum Guidelines As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

New Poster

thats awful, why dont't you hurry up already before you lose another customer

Official Employee
Moved:

Removed -

As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ForumPolicy#ForumPolicy

Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Official Employee

Apologies. Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the NFL to offer access to NFL RedZone coverage online or via your mobile device. Our programming teams meet with the NFL regularly regarding this situation and other matters.

A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer this service to our customers. These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

You've met with them regularly yet this issue has been around for how many years now? Get it together!

New Poster

All my posts got taken down even the ones that didn't violate any of their "rules."  It's funny how almost 2 years ago Comcast said the exact thing they said just 3 days ago.  Since they meet "regularly" as quoted by an "Official Employee," I'm going to interpret this response as they aren't interested in what the customers want nor do they care.  I'm sure Comcast isn't going to make as much money as they would like so they aren't going to offer it.  We've been talking about this for two years Comcast!!!  Who do we have to hop in bed with to get this done!?  I'll tell you who I'll hop in bed with, another provider, because at least they put on lipstick before they stick it to me!  #keepingitkosher

Official Employee

@no1231 wrote:

All my posts got taken down even the ones that didn't violate any of their "rules."  It's funny how almost 2 years ago Comcast said the exact thing they said just 3 days ago.  Since they meet "regularly" as quoted by an "Official Employee," I'm going to interpret this response as they aren't interested in what the customers want nor do they care.  I'm sure Comcast isn't going to make as much money as they would like so they aren't going to offer it.  We've been talking about this for two years Comcast!!!  Who do we have to hop in bed with to get this done!?  I'll tell you who I'll hop in bed with, another provider, because at least they put on lipstick before they stick it to me!  #keepingitkosher

Apologies that we don't yet have an agreement in place. It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement. 

Our customers can access live streams of NFL Network and NFL RedZone now via the XFINITY TV app via a mobile device or online on a laptop or desktop at the link below.

Edit - Added: We are currently contractually restricted to offering the live streams of these channels only if you are connected to your home Comcast network.      

Watch live TV here including NFL Network and NFL RedZone:
https://tv.xfinity.com/ Search for NFL in the upper right search box
or via the XFINITY TV app: http://www.xfinity.com/apps.html

Comcast continues to be in discussions with NFL regarding being included in the NFL mobile app and out-of home via our own apps. 

I don't have a timeline as to when or if an agreement might be reached.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ComcastTeds said, "Our customers can access live streams of NFL Network and NFL RedZone now via the XFINITY TV app via a mobile device or online on a laptop or desktop at the link below."

The truth is that customers can only access these streams inside of their own homes.  I am away from my home and I can NOT watch NFL Network online on a laptop or desktop.  I followed ComcastTeds' link and it does not work away from home.  ComcastTeds' statement is very incomplete.

ComcastTeds said, "It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement." 

Somehow, AT&T Uverse, Cox, Charter, DirecTV, DISH, Optimum, Verizon and MANY MANY more companies have negotiated and come to this agreement to allow their customers to stream NFL Network away from their homes.

If ALL of Comcast's major competitors can come to an equitable agreement, then Comcast can come to an agreement, too.  This corporate greed is not in the best interests of your customers.

I used to have DIRECTV and had no problem streaming NFL Network away from my home.  Do many of us just have to leave Comcast because FOR MANY YEARS Comcast chooses not to offer the same service as their competitors?

Please reach an agreement and offer the same services as your competitors.

Official Employee

@JJ1941 wrote:

ComcastTeds said, "Our customers can access live streams of NFL Network and NFL RedZone now via the XFINITY TV app via a mobile device or online on a laptop or desktop at the link below."

The truth is that customers can only access these streams inside of their own homes.  I am away from my home and I can NOT watch NFL Network online on a laptop or desktop.  I followed ComcastTeds' link and it does not work away from home.  ComcastTeds' statement is very incomplete.

Apologies, I have added that information now in the edited post. 

New Poster

Yea, this is quite pathetic... There are like 200 cable providers that you can choose from on the nfl network and redzone package, and comcast isn't one of them. Dont give me the "we meet regularly" and that it "takes two sides to come to an equitable agreement" nonsense... Comcast continually does whatever it wants, and knows they can get away with it because they have such a big monopoly on things. 

I CANT WAIT for google fiber to make its way to chicago. I will be extremely excited to give comcast the call that I am cancelling. Probably one of the most frustrating companies to deal with on a regular basis.

New Poster

I CAN NOT WAIT UNTILL VERIZON FIOS GETS TO MY NEIGHBORHOOD. I HAVE ALWAYS HATED AND WILL HATE COMCAST SERVICE BECAUSE THEY NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME AT HOW TERRIBLE THEY ARE AT EVERYTHING! I'm sure they don't care but as soon as I can I will never spend another dollar on comcast's terrible service ever again.
New Poster

I AM AN OFFICIAL COMCAST CUSTOMER, 3 HOMES TO BE PRECISE... MAYBE YOU NEED THE CUSTOMER BASE TO NEGOTIATE WITH THE NFL SINCE YOUR COMCAST OFFICIALS CAN'T SEEM TO MOVE THE BALL FORWARD !!!  

Regular Contributor

Seems Comcast is always the last Pay TV service provider to make deals for Tv everywhere app access. That's if they ever do make deals. There are many TV everywhere apps that Comcast still doesn't allow access for on Android TV, Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One or PS4. Many times they will only make a deal on one platform and not on the others.
Comcast seems to have much more trouble coming to agreements as opposed to other Pay TV Service Providers. The excuses that Comcast and their reps keep peddling are getting old.

The fact that Comcast still doesn't offer an official Xfinity TV app for Android TV, Roku or Fire TV just exasperates the issue.
Frequent Visitor

I can't even watch it on my laptop on my home network...what gives?

Contributor

I was able to access Redzone throuigh your link but the quality is terrible.  It's like that on all channels.  The video is really choppy and hard to watch.  I've used this to stream other chanlles while I'm in a hotel and have not had any issues.  I would think using this while on my home network would be even better and smoother.  I've also streamed a lot of sports the past couple of months to my laptop while I'm at home and have had almost zero issues.  If I could stream directly from the NFL website, I imagine it would be nice and smooth too.  

Why is Comcast always the last company to reach these agreements?  I'm still waiting on a lot of other channels to be avaiable and apps like HBO Go to work on all platforms.  Yet just about every other cable company seems to have no issues bringing these channels and services to their customers.  It's a shame since I do thing you have a good thing with the X1 system.  

Official Employee

@spdGT wrote:

I was able to access Redzone throuigh your link but the quality is terrible.  It's like that on all channels.  The video is really choppy and hard to watch.  I've used this to stream other chanlles while I'm in a hotel and have not had any issues.  I would think using this while on my home network would be even better and smoother.  I've also streamed a lot of sports the past couple of months to my laptop while I'm at home and have had almost zero issues.  If I could stream directly from the NFL website, I imagine it would be nice and smooth too.  

Apologies for the issue and experience that you described above. In reviewing your account I can see some recent signal level issues that may be a contributing factor to the quality issue that you experienced.

Are you having this quality issue online or on the X1 box or both? Thanks for any additional information that you are able to provide. 

I've asked our Chicago area team to review and contact you directly so we can get that piece addressed. Thanks for your patience.

Frequent Visitor

It amazes me that this topic was first posted on the forum over two years ago and the Comcast Official Employee replies still haven't moved on from

"Apologies that we don't yet have an agreement in place. It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement."

"Comcast continues to be in discussions with NFL regarding being included in the NFL mobile app and out-of home via our own apps."

"I don't have a timeline as to when or if an agreement might be reached."

How totally and utterly PATHETIC!!

And how strange that the NFL reached an agreement with most of the other cable and satellite companies long ago.

New Poster

These posts are from two years ago and this is still not resolved?

Wonder why your company is the worst rated with customer service?

New Poster

Comcast/Xfinity needs to remember this company called Kodak.  They failed to recognize and anticipate changes in the market and look at what happened to them.  People with AT&T or Verizon as their cell phone providers are regularly offered access to alternatives to cable TV.  If not for a few network holdouts such as CBS that make Xfinity's On Demand an important feature, I would have no reason to keep my cable service.  In fact, NONE of my grown children subscribe to a cable TV provider.  They watch everything that they want and pay a fourth of my cable bill.  Comcast's current business model is not going to entice the next generation customer, and if they continue to fail to provide comparable services to their competition, they will be the next Kodak.

New Poster

I guess the terms makes sense for the companies that value their customers like the ones listed on the NFL app- AT&T, DISH, DIRECTV and about a 1000 others...not Comcast though
New Poster

here it is aug 19, 2017 and i have the Dallas-Indy game on Tv but can not get on my PC ??   i have the NFL network.. why not on PC??

New Poster

You posted that 3 years ago, what's the update???
Official Employee

@Raymundo710 wrote:
You posted that 3 years ago, what's the update???

****Validated solution current through 9/2017- Community Team****

Not much of an update to report.

Apologies that we don't yet have an agreement in place. It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement. 

Our customers can access live streams of NFL Network and NFL RedZone now via the XFINITY TV app via a mobile device or online on a laptop or desktop at the link below.

We are currently contractually restricted to offering the live streams of these channels only if you are connected to your home Comcast network.      

Watch live TV here including NFL Network and NFL RedZone:
https://tv.xfinity.com/ Search for NFL in the upper right search box
or via the XFINITY Stream app: http://www.xfinity.com/apps.html

Comcast continues to be in discussions with NFL regarding being included in the NFL mobile app and out-of home via our own apps. 

I don't have a timeline as to when or if an agreement might be reached.

EDIT: Marked as solved so that others can easily locate this post that has factual information. If you are having trouble accessing NFL RedZone and NFL Network in home on an authenticated device (as described above) that is another issue and should be in a separate thread.   

Frequent Visitor

TRANSLATION: Comcast despises the idea of watching things away from home. The only agreement they cant work out is that comcast wants to have agreements with sports leaugues to make it so that the cordcutters dont overtake the market. What this means is, they want to keep their service, along with cable to stay packaged so consumors are forced into paying higher monthly fees. NFL doesnt mind streaming wherever you are, but comcast does. Theres no reason to block people from watching shows if they arent on their home network. Why would I stream anything I can watch on the tv? The point of streaming is to do it ON THE GO. If you just wanted redzone, it has to be done through a provider so they tag along the internet/cable/phone/security. Every other provider promotes watching from home, because its the standard. For what ever reason, comcast will not adopt to this.

New Poster

Dude, are you actually kidding. Are you serious. EVERY OTHER PROVIDER IN THE WORLD ALLOWS THEIR CUSTOMERS TO STREAM REDZONE. WE ARE PAYING FOR IT, LET US WATCH IT. What is wrong with you? I'm not sure if you understand the gravity of your own incompetance... I can't authorize my PS4 to watch the service that I pay for. I can't use my laptop to watch the service that I PAY FOR.

"It takes two parties to negotiate." And every other provider in the entire world has negotiated successfully with the NFL. You're acting like you're the reasonable ones, and that the NFL won't negotiate with you. How did literally every other provider in the world negotiate a deal? Is there the chance they actually understand the value of their customers? "It takes two parties to negotiate." I want to know, what does that make you guys? That's right, absolutely useless. Worthless. Pathetic.

Really successful negotiating you guys are doing. Congratulations. A lot of progress these ongoing meetings for the past how many years? What, you guys are too good for whatever deal that was good enough for Verizon, DirecTV, AT&T, and even every little local provider across the entire country and probably across the world? The length of the list of providers that allow this basic, fundamental service is as genuinely astounding as your incompetence. Whatever value you're hoping to gain from negotiating, I promise you're destorying many multiples of in brand equity and customer loyalty by being THE ONLY PROVIDER THAT DOESN'T LET US STREAM THE SERVICE THAT WE'RE PAYING FOR. It's genuinely inconceivable that you don't understand that.

And it's not like you don't have the capability to do it, because you're offering us access to the live stream through the app as long as we're on our home Wi-Fi network. Here's a weird idea, WHY ON EARTH WOULD I NEED TO DO THAT IF I'M AT HOME? IF I'M AT HOME I CAN JUST WATCH IT ON TV. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. I'M NOT AT HOME, YOU'RE JUST DELIBERATELY PREVENTING ME FROM USING A SERVICE YOU CURRENTLY HAVE THE CAPACITY TO PROVIDE IN THE ONLY WAY IT WOULD ACTUALLY BE REMOTELY USEFUL.

You guys are literally the cable company from South Park. Unfortunately for you, there are other options. You've not only lost a customer, but you have created for yourselves a vociferous opposition. Given that you're operating in a dying industry, you'd think you guys would actually try not to actively infuriate your customers.

Reap what you sow.

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

My son who is at college cannot use the Xfinity TV app to watch the NFL redzone because he's not logged into our wifi.  Doesn't make much sense to me paying $250/month for our services

New Poster

YOU CANNOT AIRPLAY THE GAME... THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOOLVED. ERROR LICENSE ISSUE 3338, THE VIDEO STREAM IS NOT PLAYABLE UNDER THE CURRENT DEVICE CONDITIONS. 

YOU ARE A JOKE. KEEP BLOCKING PEOPLES VIEWS OF YOUR TERRIBLE SERVICE. I WONT USE PROFANITY, SO YOU BETTER NOT TAKE THIS OFF! BUT HOW CAN YOU MARK THIS AS "SOLVED". IT ISN'T SOLVED. YOU ARE A JOKE! I CAN WATCH ON MY PHONE BUT CANNOT ON MY MONITOR IN MY GARAGE???

I HATE YOU. ALL OF YOU. 

New Poster

Not solved if I can't stream it when I'm not connected to my home network.
Official Employee

@jb106 wrote:

YOU CANNOT AIRPLAY THE GAME... THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOOLVED. ERROR LICENSE ISSUE 3338, THE VIDEO STREAM IS NOT PLAYABLE UNDER THE CURRENT DEVICE CONDITIONS. 

YOU ARE A JOKE. KEEP BLOCKING PEOPLES VIEWS OF YOUR TERRIBLE SERVICE. I WONT USE PROFANITY, SO YOU BETTER NOT TAKE THIS OFF! BUT HOW CAN YOU MARK THIS AS "SOLVED". IT ISN'T SOLVED. YOU ARE A JOKE! I CAN WATCH ON MY PHONE BUT CANNOT ON MY MONITOR IN MY GARAGE???

I HATE YOU. ALL OF YOU. 

Apologies. The post was marked as "Solved" so that others can easily locate that post that has factual information.

If you are having trouble accessing NFL RedZone and NFL Network in home on an authenticated device (as described above) that is another issue and should be in a separate thread. 

Official Employee

@jd_27 wrote:
Not solved if I can't stream it when I'm not connected to my home network.

Apologies. The post was marked as "Solved" so that others can easily locate that post that has factual information.

If you are having trouble accessing NFL RedZone and NFL Network in home on an authenticated device (as described above) that is another issue and should be in a separate thread.

New Poster

ComcastTeds,

Kudos for keeping up with this topic on here! You might have better luck calming the masses by providing us all with a little more context to the agreement in place already. The context Im referring to are these links to a NY Times article, an AP Report on NFL.com, and an official Comcast Press Release reporting on the May 2009 settlement between the NFL and Xfinity Comcast . The New York Times reported a 9 year deal, the AP reported a 10 year deal, and the official Comcast Presser stated a "long term" deal was settled in an FCC courtroom.  

ComcastJoTru has had the best response to this whole mess with the latest peace offering to the NFL Network/RedZone Subscribers.

"Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the NFL RedZone channel to offer access to their programming and coverage online or via your mobile device. I apologize for any inconvenience. We constantly evaluate content availability for our customers."

If you are actually evaluating content availability for your customers, do you have any results, progress, or metrics? Anything at all? I understand that its a money grab from both sides (Ref: Context links), but then Comcast leadership say things like this:

“When you really try to evaluate the business model, we have not seen one that really gives us confidence that this is a real priority for us,” Matt Strauss, Comcast’s executive vice president for video services, said at a conference in November. “There is significantly more upside and profitability in going deeper and deeper into our base first versus following a video-only offering OTT,” he added, using the industry term for nationwide online video.

So, maybe it is all about the Benjamins. The NFL doesn't want to sign a long term deal that doesnt give them a higher carriage fee per subscriber. Comcast doesn't want to overpay for content that doesn't fit their business model. Just be honest with us. Contact your legal team and find out when the current carriage deal with the NFL Network expires. Then, relay that information to us so that we can stop all the madness. 

New Poster

Is this even Legal?  I just switched days ago from Dish to Comcast and I am regretting it already.  I go to set up my redzone mobile go account like any sane person so that I can watch redzone when I go back to school.  However after scrolling for half an hour looking for comcast as a tv provider for redzone on my xbox one I realized it wasnt even on there.  After doing some research online I have found that thousands of others have the exact same issue.  At first I thought it was an electronic malfunction, however I came to realize it was yet another instance of corporate ignorance and greediness.  For football lovers with redzone subscriptions this is completely unacceptable as the main purpose of using the app is for its ability to be streamed between locations.  How foolish by Comcast to believe cutting their customers short would benefit them in anyway.  Not only has my time been wasted by this nonesense but my faith in humanity has been degraded even more.  American football fans are some of the most passionate people on the planet and guess what comcast, YOUR STANDING IN THE WAY!  Unless this issue is fixed in days you have forever lost my buisness and the buisness of my friends and co-workers, I shall not be silent about this absolute failure on the part of the greedy pigs of Comcast.

New Poster

I think this whole thing is crazy. I own an Xbox One. I can stream Starz, NBC Sports, AMC, Nascar, ESPN, Showtime, and HBO all with my comcast account. Why is there no Xfinity app? How can you strike a deal with these other companies but not stirke a deal with the NFL? Is it because they make so much money that either they come in with the dollar amount you want or too bad or that you just don't care about your customers wants. You guys worked out a deal with your biggest competition Netflix and allowed them on your x1 platform but you can't make a deal with the NFL. 
Next why is the platform called X1? Well because at the release of the Xbox One Comcast was in partnership with Microsoft and the two platforms X1 and Xbox One were going to work together seemlessly. Needless to say that has not happened as was announced at the particular conference but you guys were still in talks with them. You have channels that are streaming on Xbox with Comcast log in info, Netflix your biggest rival is on Xbox and on your X1 platform, you were supposed to be partnered with Microsoft to work together to bring entertainment into the homes of everyone, Xbox One has a partnership with the NFL, and more. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us the different terrible negotiations that have happened that make it so Xfinity is not on the Xbox One and so Xfinity is also not an provider option the streaming service on the NFL app. You have RedZone and NFL Network but you can't strike a deal for streaming?! Your the only service provider that the Xbox one has built in features for when streaming tv through the xbox one but you can't get your app onto it's marketplace? Seriously? If it is really that hard call me you have my account info, give me a call and I will do the negotiating for you. At least then I know something will actually get done for the customers and not your wallets.

New Poster

Why don't you just allow us to watch the channels that the games are on with the stream app without having to be hooked to our home wifi
Frequent Visitor

I blame Comcast and this employee named Ted. Comcast for being money hungry, and This guy Ted for not doing his part on serving the community. You could of at least escalate this matter to your superior. At least show some effort on your part. Instead of marking it solved
New Poster

If I have two homes with xfinity networks, but only one has a redzone package. Can I use the xfinity stream app to watch redzone at my secondary home?

Contributor

Why is Comcast always the last provider to allow things like this?  Redzone is a channel that only broadcasts a few hours, one day a week, for four months that we pay $10 a month for.  It's ridiculous to not be able to stream that outside our home network, like every other major provider allows.  

It always seems like Comcast is always behind on things like this.  Look at HBO Go.  Most providers provided access to HBO Go on all devices when it was avaialble, yet Comcast dragged their feet on many popular devices like the PS3 and PS4 for years.  People have been asking for BeIN Sports in HD for years and nothing has come of that.  People have been asking for Fox Sports 2 for years with no result.  Ironically, FS2 is the only place to see some of the events of the NASCAR Xfinity series, a series that Xfinity pays for the naming rights.  

New Poster

u guys r a joke - u charge hundreds for apologies - how bout a refund?

New Poster

If I can only stream NFL games via my home wifi then what is the point!? If I'm at home obviously I'll be watching via the cable box. Don't list broadcasts on the app that are unavailable to watch.
New Poster

I heard through an employee with Comcast that Comcast does not want to pay the NFL their fee to broadcast via the mobile device. I suggest all RedZone users with Comcast cancel that service and signup with Verizon and ATT who allows you to stream if you have EITHER service. Comcast loves to charge customers all these fees but don't want to pay fees to help their customers enjoy the service they already pay for
New Poster

I don't want to watch it on my phone, I want to watch it on my TV. I will drop your service if nothing is done. Not complaining, just explaining.
New Poster

Let's all drop Comcast. Consumers hold the power. Never forget that.
New Poster

Correct, let's all drop Comcast. We the consumers have the power. Never forget that.
New Poster

I dvr mine. But for the extra they should have it streamable
New Poster

This is nothing more than greed from the monopoly of comcast.  I pay for this service and travel for work, but i cannot watch it unless i am on my home network??????  I am so ready to cancel 

New Poster

You left out an important part in your reply. You can't stream any live nfl games unless you're connected to your home wifi. Because when I'm at home in front of my tv I'm generally trying to watch live sports on my phone. Drop dead Comcast.
New Poster

Some more interesting comcast service news, just called to add Redzone and they reported unable to do add-ons to my service. Like i'm giving you money for a service, are you not interested in my money....  Comcase strikes again.  I'm not sure why they can't get there act together, they already have a bad reputation.