Community Forum

Comcast Still Does Not Carry all of my Local Channels

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Still Does Not Carry all of my Local Channels

There are still 3 over the air netowrk channels in the Peoria, IL market that Comcast does not carry. They are 59.2 Antenna Tv. 59.3 Light tv and 31.4 Escape Tv. MTCO cable has always carried them and I now read that I3 broadband cable company has recently added all these local channels to their lineup. I3 Broadband also has cheeper rates and a cheeper retransmission charge $6.95 as opposed to Comcast $10.00. Is there a link where these channels can be requested? What is Comcast's problem with not being able to offer all of our local channels like other smaller cable companies around here? When I3 broadband expands to cover my neighborhood I will be tempted to switch
Expert

Re: Comcast Still Does Not Carry all of my Local Channels

@Summer94 wrote:
There are still 3 over the air netowrk channels in the Peoria, IL market that Comcast does not carry. They are 59.2 Antenna Tv. 59.3 Light tv and 31.4 Escape Tv. MTCO cable has always carried them and I now read that I3 broadband cable company has recently added all these local channels to their lineup. I3 Broadband also has cheeper rates and a cheeper retransmission charge $6.95 as opposed to Comcast $10.00. Is there a link where these channels can be requested? What is Comcast's problem with not being able to offer all of our local channels like other smaller cable companies around here? When I3 broadband expands to cover my neighborhood I will be tempted to switch

You never stated if you were in the regular transmission range for getting these channels OTA with an antenna.  If not, Comcast may have lost the right to carry those channels if dropped by the owner of that local OTA ststaion.  The owner of those channels may have just signed at contract with the company you mentioned (not Comcast). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Still Does Not Carry all of my Local Channels

For broadcast, there are two ways for them to be on cable. They can claim Must Carry, but cannot demand a carriage fee, and the cable company is only obligated to carry ONE channel if they multicast. The other is to negotiate with the cable company, and may or may not demand carriage fees.