Community Forum

Cnn

New Poster

Cnn

Why do I constantly have trouble with CNN channel 216? Only channel that doesn't work. Is comcast deliberately keeping CNN off air? I've called about this but it's still a problem. Usually just goes on and our but now won t come on at all.

Official Employee

Re: Cnn

Hello, steve14020! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I would be more than happy to help you troubleshoot this issue. Can you give me a little bit more information like what kind of error message you are getting when you try to tune to that channel or if you have noticed similar issues on any other channels?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Some days that channel just goes on and out with audio and pixelating. Other times I get an error that channel not available and to again later. It's the only channel I have problem with. Rebooting usually solves the problem but who wants to reboot every day?

Expert

@steve14020 wrote:

Some days that channel just goes on and out with audio and pixelating. Other times I get an error that channel not available and to again later. It's the only channel I have problem with. Rebooting usually solves the problem but who wants to reboot every day?

Some channels may be on the same frequency that some item in your home may be causing RF interference. Do you have any items like: portable telephone base, LED lights, flouresant lights, microwave, exhaust fans, near your coaxial cables or cable boxes?   Have you checked all your cable end-connectors, or connections? How old is your coaxial cable? A RG6u quad-shielded coaxial cable works best for blocking out RF interference.

Has anyone checked you outside connections? Are you in an apartment building with old wiring?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

MNtundraRET is correct, what you are likely seeing is due to frequency issues. You will want to check for sources of interference and try replacing your in-home wiring if you can. Please give these things a try and let us know if it helps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.