Community Forum

Chiller TV?

New Poster

When will Chiller be available as a replacement for Fearnet?

Fearnet will no longer be available on Comcast/Xfinity - it's considered redundant with Chiller and SyFy already available to subscribers.  However, I don't see Chiller anywhere in my networks listings, so how does was Fearnet redundant to me?  When will Chiller be available as Fearnet's replacement, and will it be free like Fearnet was?

Tags (2)
New Poster

Re: Fearnet shutdown

So where is Chiller? If you are going to get rid of Fearnet should it not be replaced with Chiller? And how soon. Thank you in advance.

Frequent Visitor

Since Fearnet has been shut down then when are we going to get Chiller. This is not fair as I watched this channel all of the time and now I found out it can be accessed on the new Latino channel if you subscribe to it, this is not fair because I do not speak spanish and why should I pay a fee for a show that I always got for free. Comcast should think this over and getthe new show back on so people can watch what they want!

Frequent Visitor

Boo to Comcast Xfinity!  Why didn't they Announce the changes from FEARNET to Chiller? Very Unfair Smiley Sad

We get notice for everything else....and to put it in Spanish only is really a Big Boo on you...

New Poster

Fear is Gone, Where is Chiller?!

Recently, I was looking for one of my favorite channels, Fear, which was channel 176, & it was gone! I looked it up and was sad to see that Fear is no longer around. Apparently it wasn't as successful as it needed to be and was bought out. I read that fans of the Fear network could look to SyFy for their thriller programming but honestly Syfy just doesn't compare.

People who enjoy thriller/horror flicks, had it all with the Fear channel and now those fans are at a loss. Now, Chiller, a channel not currently available through comcast would be a nice replacement for said thriller/horror fans. It is a bit unfair that a channel that was appreciated by many was just deleted and not even given a replacement channel.

Does anyone agree? Does anyone know of any plans to give horror/thriller fans a channel they deserve? My brother and I had the Fear channel amongst our favs, and have felt the loss of the entertainment the channel provided. With only a couple months until Halloween it would be nice to see a new channel to give us back our Fear.Cat Frustrated

Tags (2)
New Poster

Re: Fear is Gone, Where is Chiller?!

HOW UNFAIR OF YOU COMCAST. THERE ARE MANY OF US WHO LOOKED FORWARD TO WATCHING THE LATEST ADDITIONS TO FEARNET EACH WEEK. THERE IS BUZZ ON THE INTERNET ABOUT A CHANNEL CALLED CHILLER, BUT CALLS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE FAILED TO LOCATE ANY COMCAST EMPLOYEES WHO KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CHANNEL. NOW I HAVE NO CABLE HORROR CHANNEL AND MUST SETTLE FOR WHAT I CAN GET USING NETFLIX.IF I CAN FIND A DECENT HORROR CHANNEL ON DISH OR FIOS IT WILL BE SO LONG COMCAST.

Most Valued Poster

Chiller TV Channel Soon?

With Fearnet.com/Fearnet TV channel now shut down when will we see "Chiller TV" added to Phiily/South Jersey area??? Mods any insight for us customers. Thanks

http://deadline.com/2014/04/comcast-takes-full-control-of-fearnet-to-fold-it-in-into-chiller-syfy-71...

Regular Contributor

Re: When will Chiller be available as a replacement for Fearnet?

Why does Comcast Cable not carry Chiller TV when they own the Network as i kind of find that stupid to own a network that is not on Comcast Cable.

Official Employee

@RobertCoplin wrote:

Why does Comcast Cable not carry Chiller TV when they own the Network as i kind of find that stupid to own a network that is not on Comcast Cable.

Comcast continues to be in discussions with Chiller regarding possible distribution. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer any channel to our customers. These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.
The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Well, that's a nicely put auto response.

To put it better, though. Since Comcast bought Fearnet and closed it down in favor of their own Chiller, which has far less web presence, edits their movies and has no On Demand, one would assume that Chiller would be on Xfinty. With all due respect, It's already owned by Comcast, so any talks of negotiating anything sounds silly.

If Comcast chooses to take away one thing, they should at least replace it with the other. It's already September.

Official Employee

@Elric301 wrote:

Well, that's a nicely put auto response.

To put it better, though. Since Comcast bought Fearnet and closed it down in favor of their own Chiller, which has far less web presence, edits their movies and has no On Demand, one would assume that Chiller would be on Xfinty. With all due respect, It's already owned by Comcast, so any talks of negotiating anything sounds silly.

If Comcast chooses to take away one thing, they should at least replace it with the other. It's already September.

Thanks for your feedback. 

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: Chiller TV?

Just to add another "yes please add chiller".

New Poster

Re: I want Chiller! ~ I want Chiller! ~ I want Chiller!

Dish does not carry Chiller anymore (for at least 2 years).  Syfy is not Chiller.  Sure wish they would give us channels we want.  I have at least 50 they can take off.

Diamond Problem Solver

2 1/2 year old dead thread locked.

Official Employee

@JayInAlg wrote:

2 1/2 year old dead thread locked.

Merging threads, thanks! 

New Poster

Re: CHILLER TV PLEASE

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE CHILLER CHANNEL HOW DOES KNOLOGY HAVE CHILLER AND COMCAST DONT. THEN U TOOK OFF FEAR .NET CHANNEL I LIKE TO WATCH HORROR CHANNELS 24/7 PLEASE RECONSIDER IF U WANT TO KEEP CLIENTS HAPPY WITH THEIR SERVICE..

Frequent Visitor

For what I pay to Comcast, please add Chiller, we really don't need another baby channel to sit our children in front of, I pay the bill and want to see more adult channels like Chiller, channels I enjoy watching, I can't speak for other people but I like horror flicks and Fear. Net just isn't cutting it for me.

New Poster

Would be nice to have especially with Halloween coming up. Seriously though, love comcast TV, blows away any other provider with its VOD and channel lineup. Would love to see some more programming added to the current lineup, would even drop my premium channels to see Chiller, CLOO and Animation network on xfinity.
New Poster

When will Comcast consider adding Chiller TV to its schedule?
Frequent Visitor

I'm getting pretty sick of all the darn Hallmark channels. I'm not a fan of sappy - and mostly awful, definitely formulaic - romance movies. Chiller isn't SyFy: Chiller is horror, SyFy is....well, I'm not sure what. Some of the programming is good, but most of the movies are cheaply made in poor Eastern European countries, and are just terrible. Give us some Chiller, Comcast! I (Oh, is Hallmark owned by Comcast? Because I used a "bad word, da*n," in my post & had to clear it up. I inserted "darn" instead, but I could certainly make it clearer: crappy, boring, redundant, etc......)

Regular Visitor

Yeah, I think the Syfy Channel, an NBC product, has lost it's savy. Bring on Chiller!

Official Employee

@Retifiso1 wrote:

Yeah, I think the Syfy Channel, an NBC product, has lost it's savy. Bring on Chiller!

Both Syfy and Chiller are NBC Universal cable channels. 

Official Employee

@kam822 wrote:

I'm getting pretty sick of all the darn Hallmark channels. I'm not a fan of sappy - and mostly awful, definitely formulaic - romance movies. Chiller isn't SyFy: Chiller is horror, SyFy is....well, I'm not sure what. Some of the programming is good, but most of the movies are cheaply made in poor Eastern European countries, and are just terrible. Give us some Chiller, Comcast! I (Oh, is Hallmark owned by Comcast? Because I used a "bad word, da*n," in my post & had to clear it up. I inserted "darn" instead, but I could certainly make it clearer: crappy, boring, redundant, etc......)

Hallmark is not owned by Comcast. 

Regular Contributor

Let me get this correct Comcast Cable has to negotiate with itself to put on a channel that they already own which i think its kind of stupid

New Poster

It's very silly.

C'mon Comcast! Add Chiller NOW!!!!!!!!

New Poster

I agree.  I have so many channels that I never use but they are part of the package I have.  I don't need shopping channels or religious channels.  I'd like to have a FearNet/Chiller option for free, like I used to have.  But it's December now and I don't see any progress on that front.  It's very frustrating and discouraging.

New Poster

we want to get the Chiller channel on comcast it's a great channel and we want the channel on the comcast line up of shows so please at it in your package thank you.

Contributor

AT&T has both Syfy and Chiller, so it really isn't the case of Syfy being Comcast's answer to Chiller. I am hoping if enough people go to Chiller TV and put in the request to have Comcast offer Chiller. (If it would do any good.)

Despite Chiller blocking out swear words, it does show the good gore in horror. I am glad the thread is keeping alive and that Comcast will consider adding it.

I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years, and hoping Comcast will hear our voices.

PLEASE ADD CHILLER TV. You will make many many horror fans very happy.

Official Employee

@RobertCoplin wrote:

Let me get this correct Comcast Cable has to negotiate with itself to put on a channel that they already own which i think its kind of stupid

New Poster

Please add Chiller to your line up. We've just switched from DirecTV to xfinity and I really miss Chiller.
Regular Contributor

When will Chiller be available?

Hello,

When will Chiller be available on Comcast in Chicago?

If you plan to make it available, are you going to make it a premium channel, or included with Basic?

Frequent Visitor

Re: When will Chiller be available?

Chiller TV please  please

New Poster

Why isn't Chiller channel on comcast?

Why hasn't Comcast added Chiller channel yet? I would like to know if there are plans to add this channel or not.

New Poster

Chiller T

I wanted Comast to know that Chiller TV should be added the channel line up. Verizon and Direct TV have it.
Tags (1)
New Poster

For those that don't have it, Chiller is AWESOME!

Regular Visitor

Re: Chiller TV? yes and the new Sony movie channel too!

chiller channel and the new Sony movie channel too!

New Poster

That's crazy it isn't on Comcast lineup I just got rid of Dish so I can have better tv cuz I already have the Internet & the only channel missing is Chiller Tv... Love the service so far & viewing live tv on my phone? AMAZING!!! Only thing i don't like is the limitation on space... My Dish dvr could record a lot more I had over 100 recordings but could only record 2 shows at a time & now space fills pretty quickly on Comcast's but I can record up to 6... so it's ok I guess... Hopefully it continues to get better...
New Poster

Re: Channel Request Chiller TV

Comcast owns chiller
Highlighted
Official Employee
Official Employee

Re: Channel Request Chiller TV

All - FYI below:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/nbcuniversal-shutter-chiller-cable-channel-1202616649/

http://www.screengeek.net/2017/11/19/chiller-network-buried-by-nbcuniversal/