Community Forum

Chicago cubs

New Poster

Chicago cubs

Will the Chicago Cubs be shown on my Comcast channels?

Official Employee

Re: Chicago cubs

What market do you live in? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

If you get NBC Sports Chicago, then you should get the Cubs games. WGN and WLS will also continue to carry Cubs games this season; for example, the opener (at Texas) will be on WGN.

Click Here for a PDF of the schedule that shows the broadcasters for each game. (NBCSCH+ is the "alternate" channel; for example, on 4/1, there is a Bulls game on the main NBC Sports Chicago channel, so the Cubs game is on the "alternate.")

If you are referring to the new "Marquee Sports Network," that will not start until early 2020.

It remains to be seen if the Bulls or Blackhawks will be following the Cubs to that channel.

Regular Contributor

If you are referring to the new "Marquee Sports Network," that will not start until early 2020.

It remains to be seen if the Bulls or Blackhawks will be following the Cubs to that channel.

I hope Comcast let's know before the end of the year if they are going to carry it.   That would be a game changer for me if they don't.

Regular Contributor

@tbill1 wrote:

I hope Comcast let's know before the end of the year if they are going to carry it.   That would be a game changer for me if they don't.

Hopefully the Cubs don't pull the same stunt the Dodgers do and the deal isn't limited to a single cable system - Xfinity isn't even allowed to have Spectrum SportsNet, which is pretty much the sole home for Dodgers games, in LA.

New Poster

Not a fan.  If the  new channel is a-la-carte, I'll pass.  If Comcast or the Cubs think that they can force a hike in my bill for their network, I'll cancel my TV service.