Community Forum

Channels removed

Frequent Visitor

Channels removed

Like everyone else I lost a few channels from my Double Play promo/contract (Weather, TruTV, CN, Food, etc).  The Digital Economy was a good deal until this happened .   I understand that the contract didn't guarentee any of the channels, but it isn't like Comcast went and added anything that I can tell is the equivalent to what was lost.  Always seems like these contracts are one-sided which is why I never liked them, but last year I decided to do it so I didn't have to deal with calling and reviewing my account every year.  That didn't do any good.  Does Comcast have any promos that might bring some of them back and keep the price point where its at?   I could go down to internet only and pick up a streaming service that provides a better lineup than Comcast's from what I can tell.  Comcast should have also updated the adjusted channel lineups in the last bill.   

Expert

Re: Channels removed

@jpav wrote:

Like everyone else I lost a few channels from my Double Play promo/contract (Weather, TruTV, CN, Food, etc).  The Digital Economy was a good deal until this happened .   I understand that the contract didn't guarentee any of the channels, but it isn't like Comcast went and added anything that I can tell is the equivalent to what was lost.  Always seems like these contracts are one-sided which is why I never liked them, but last year I decided to do it so I didn't have to deal with calling and reviewing my account every year.  That didn't do any good.  Does Comcast have any promos that might bring some of them back and keep the price point where its at?   I could go down to internet only and pick up a streaming service that provides a better lineup than Comcast's from what I can tell.  Comcast should have also updated the adjusted channel lineups in the last bill.   

Comcast continually drops stations in different service areas that become unprofitable for various reasons. Loss of customers watching the channel in a specific service. Or; some channels may be getting a better deal with sources competing with Comcast. That could include Satellite companies, Network IPV apps, and others like: You Tube RED or TV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, plus others.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

I completely understand that they have to remain profitable which I am guessing they are doing just fine.  As channels disappear they should not be surprised that customers cut the television portion of their service.   At some point you have to try and satisfy the customer.  

Official Employee

Hi @jpav

Thanks for providing your feedback. I do agree that when changes like this happen, we also have to find an alternative way to satisfy our customers who may be affected. I would be more than happy to review your account to see if we have something that would accommodate your needs. 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for reaching out @ComcastChe.  I have sent a private message as requested. 

Official Employee

You're welcome! I've just replied with a promotion. Let me know what you think. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.