Community Forum

Channels out of Indianapolis removed

Frequent Visitor

Channels out of Indianapolis removed

Why were the Indianapolis channels for ABC and NBC removed from the line-up out of Lafayette, IN?  Very disappointed that this decision was made.  I do not recall being notified of this change on any of my bills or via email.  Did I miss the announcement?  Were customers notified?  This change/removal to the channel line-up may be insignificant to some, but for those of us that travel from the Lafayette area to Indianapolis for work on a daily basis, need the information regarding road conditions and traffic reports.  Just my opinion, but this was a horrible decision.  I must now reconsider keeping Comcast as my provider.  I know that I am just one customer, and it probably won’t make a difference to the big conglomerate that is Comcast/Xfinity, but it is what it is.  Again...  very disappointed in this change.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Channels out of Indianapolis removed

I agree just found when I got home tonight.  Called Comcast and they know nothing about it or what happened.  We have choices in my area and will definitely switch if this is a permanent situation.

New Poster

It seems as though Comcast has no concern for the interests of its customers. First we lost Fox 59 on 1011, then 1008, 1004 and now 1006 and 1013. We have no Indianapolis choices left. These changes were done without notice and with no regard for what we want to watch. Comcast seems to think they have a monopoly and can mistreat customers at will.

Very discouraged and upset.

New Poster

I have called, tweeted “Comcastcares” and have not been given any answers. Is it a contract dispute or are they removed permanently? The local news is okay once a day, but that and “Star City News” is certainly not worth the $230 we pay for premium cable and internet.
New Poster

Very disappointed as well.  And the fact that we have limited data, would cost an extra $100 a month to add...no thank you.  Would rather take my business elsewhere.  

Silver Problem Solver

Does Lafayette have it's own ABC and NBC stations? If so, this is a DMA (Designated Market Area) issue. Stations have their own DMA, and if you are in one DMA, Comcast could be forced to pull a non-DMA station if a local competing station complains.

New Poster

I am also very disappointed in regards to the Indianapolis channels being removed without any notification.  We will also be searching for another provider if this is a permanent disruption. 

New Poster

I "chatted" with a support person from comcast

was told these channels are "out-of-market distributor"

good luck trying to figure out what that means other than

if you want these channels back, you will have to "chat" with a

support person and let Comcast know we aren't happy with these

channels being taken away from us! 

New Poster

I just flipped through the Guide/TV listings and WTHR & WRTV are back on the schedule!
New Poster

That’s great news! Thanks
Official Employee

Hi all, based on the last post it looks like the channels are back, but please let me know if you are still  missing these channels and I can have a look for you.   Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

New Poster

Thank you for bring back channels 1006 and 1013. It would be really nice of you to bring back FOX 59 that was on channel 1011. That was a faforite channel of many viewes in this area.

Official Employee

Hi lafayettleftout, thank you for the reply,  you can submit a Customer Feedback Form. Your suggestions help us to reevaluate our channel lineups as well as our overall content delivery, allowing us to create the best customer experience possible.

Thank you