Community Forum

Channels gone from digital economy

Regular Visitor

Channels gone from digital economy

Both CN and Disney became "subscription required" after the last update which means no programming for the kids now, and I'm apparently locked into a two-year contract in which I was unaware we could actually lose channels during that time.

Is there any way this can be fixed without termination fees?

Admin1

Re: Channels gone from digital economy

Hi Slipnicky -- You would need to subscribe to a higher channel tier in order to get those channels. We do allow you to make package changes, even while in a contract, without the penalty of early termination fees. Would you be interested in getting quotes?

New Poster

Which channels have been removed from digital economy?
Admin1

Mrjxn007 -- Effective May 10, 2018, the following channels will no longer be available on our Digital Economy TV service: Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, truTV and Food Network. These channels will be available on our Digital Starter service. Effective May 10, 2018, Disney Jr, Disney XD, ESPNU, ESPN News, NFL Network, Nick Jr, Nick Toons and Teen Nick will no longer be included in Xfinity Instant TV. 

Regular Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hi Slipnicky -- You would need to subscribe to a higher channel tier in order to get those channels. We do allow you to make package changes, even while in a contract, without the penalty of early termination fees. Would you be interested in getting quotes?

Does that include the limited basic deals with movie channels or just the higher tiers? Thank you.

Admin1

Slipnicky -- We can get you quotes for any package you'd like. You're allowed to change to any package you'd like while on a contract without penalty. 

New Poster

So what exactly is the purpose of a "contract" if you can remove the only two channels that we watch?

Admin1

Todd18 -- The purpose of a contract is for the package price. By having a contract you can get a lower price than a non-contracted package. Some packages also offer a 2 year price lock on your package price that's only available by having a contract.  

New Poster

Oh, I see... so you can offer high speed internet bundled with a specific set of television channels and then you can change that set of channels whenever you want?

Admin1

Todd18 -- Yes we can. It's written into each contract, as well as our Comcast Agreement for Residential Services (https://www.xfinity.com/corporate/customers/policies/subscriberagreement), that we can add/remove/delete channels at any time. 

New Poster

Well someone better help me out REAL QUICK! I pay around $120/month now with NO contract! I go to manage plan pick the 2 year contract (Oh and yes the package includes the channels that have DISAPPEARED from my current line up) it costs MORE than what I already pay???!!??!? How are you supposed to keep loyal customers happy?!?!? You need to offer SOMETHING BETTER to a customer who would rather not change providers!
New Poster

ComcastZach,

Your information is incorrect. I have the Digital Starter package and Cartoon Network was taken away from me as well. I'm not happy about it. I do still have the others you listed though.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

Slipnicky -- We can get you quotes for any package you'd like. You're allowed to change to any package you'd like while on a contract without penalty. 

That would be great. Thank you.

Official Employee

Slipnicky -  I'm following up for ComcastZach. If you could send us a private message, we'd be happy to review the options available. We'd just need your full name, phone number and address to get started. Thank you!

Official Employee

Skyden79 - We're always happy to review the options available to make sure you're getting the best pricing available. Please send me a Private Message with your account details, full name, phone number, and address, so I can access the account. Thank you. 

Official Employee

Hi willko86. I'd like to look into your channel concerns a bit further. Please send me a Private Message with your name, phone number, and address. Once I have this, I can take a look at your account a bit further. Thank you! 

New Poster

I used to get several channels that are no longer available.  My bill keeps going up, but I'm loosing channels.  Is Comcast going bankrupt?

Official Employee

Hi kjaa - We look at our channel lineup from time to time and realign as needed. If you would like to send me a Private Message, I'd be happy to take a look at your channel concerns as well as your billing on the account and make sure you're getting the best available rates. 

New Poster

Many other channels have also been removed from my digital economy service including: ESPN, MASN, NBCSN. None of these channels were mentioned in the notification on my March bill (or any other of my prior bills). Why have these channels been taken away without notice? It is very hard to believe that these channels would fall under the category of “lightly viewed programming” or programming with good “alternative viewing options” as I now have no sports channels included in my service. It is very disappointing to have to these changes occur without notice especially in the midst of NHL playoffs which I now am unable to watch. 

Admin1

Lzolper -- ESPN, MASN, and MBCSN were not included in Digital Economy. You did not receive a notice because those channels weren't in our Economy lineup. You can refer to the channel lineup included in your December statement to see this. Those channels are included in our Expanded Basic and Starter lineups. 

New Poster

Shouldn't consumers be protected against providers CHANGING what a contract provides? This seems like extremely shady behavior on Comcasts part.

New Poster

Basically they are crooks I warned my mom not to get comcast now you know why. Go with like sling tv or something then u can choose your channels.if u can get fios tv in your area I can't, get that.They will even pay your early termination fees up to like $500. Do away with cable for good.You do know that money they save by ripping you off goes in their pockets? Stop feeding the cable pig.

New Poster

It is shady. They don't care they pocket the extra savings.Everyone needs to drop cable then they will care.Stop letting them rip you off.Honestly I don't know why anyone gets cable such a waste. Never again.Sling tv starts at like $20 bucks look into that or fios tv if available.