Community Forum

Channel "surfing" not channel "list" surfing

New Poster

Channel "surfing" not channel "list" surfing

Therer  has been a large amount of confusion when people are asking "how do you channel surf" 
The powers that be will keep telling you "no problem just click twice   yad yad yada  and you can set up a "favorites" LIST . THIS IS NOT CHANNEL SURFING as you watch the channels . It is looking at a "list" of channels and then deciding weather or not you want to watch said show "ON YOUR LIST" !!!!!!!!!!!! I am 52 years old and as long as I have been watching digital cable and or "the box" and or the dish etc etc you were able to check a box next to said channel and then said channel would never be seen again . You would literally go from channel  say  22 to 28 and not have to see  23 24 25 26 or 27  etc etc etc etc Now the only thing more annoying then having to wade thru 275 channels  (that you dont get anyways ) just to watch say 5 that you do get then after you watch thru those 5 channels you get another 70 channels of say sports that you also dont care to watch as after those channels are ANOTHER 60 channels you do get. The only thing worse then that is to have to go thru a "LIST" ??? . If people wanted to go thru a 'list" they could just go to the good old tv guide that has been around for the last 75 years and see "the list" of channels. The only way you can get around this is to get the 'LEGACY" box  but they dont tell you that when you sign up as todays kids/childeren/ young adults 35 and younger are used to logging thru a list and picking what they want to watch . No one from 40 years old and older and no one who has had cable prior to like 4 years ago has ever had to wade thru so much garbage unless you get an old legacy box . I have been reading these posts and its obviouse that the techs dont even know what we mean by "channel surfing" . We mean we dont want to look at a LIST. and we dont want to wade thru litterally hundreds of channels we dont want to see or even dont get as we are not "subscribed" . I find it interesting that we have to wade thru MASSIVE blocks of chennels we dont get to get to the ones we do get . Could it be that Comcast wants us to see 40 dozen channels we dont get in hopes of ordering them ??? hmmmmm??? yes ??? why not just let us have the channels we do get in order one after the other ?? !!!!!!!When I had the dish network they had a box you would check next to the channel and when you checked it YOU NEVER SAW THE CHANNEL AGAIN !!!!! how hard is this really ?? all the others provide it !! Now I hope the "techs" realize what people are all saying when they say they dont want to see a bunch of channels they dont get  as they also dont want to see a LIST of chennels they dont get only to make a list of chennels they DO GET and to have to wade thru them . Looking at a list does not allow you to visually see what is going on on said chennel. People want to visualy surf thru there channels. Its been this way since cable was invented and its still that way and not offering it only makes people take there equipment back and get one of the other 2 dish networks that do allow what comcast USED to allow since there inception .  I would strogly urge Comcast to do the one simple thing so many people are begging for and that is to offer the ability to block out channels they dont get without using a list . Allow people to visualy see what is on the channels they are surfing thru and to be able to block the ones that they are not able to see as they are not channels they pay for !! Please !!! or we are forced to take our buisness to the people who are listening to us . Thank you