Community Forum

Channel lineup fraud?

New Poster

Channel lineup fraud?

Why does the advertised channel lineup at https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup?tier=preferred say that Starter or above has Investigation Discovery, yet support is telling me that ONLY Starter has it?  She even said the categories listed at that link are no longer valid.  Also, my local channel listing does not show that I have it.  When you have customers select a package based on incorrect information, what is that called?

Official Employee

Re: Channel lineup fraud?

diverdog, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the lineup tool, and I'll be sure to submit your feedback. In order to view the most accurate lineups in your area, we do recommend logging in or entering your address up at the top. In a lot of areas, the ID Channel has been removed. The ID Channel is one of my all-time favorite channels, so I understand how sad it is to not have it! 

We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This is happening to me as well. It is unacceptable and definitely fraud. The representatives assured me after several confirmations that I would continue to have the Discovery ID channel, as I empashized this is the only channel I cared about. Low and behold, I upgraded and the channel is gone. Now customer service has been nothing but unprofessional and unhelpful, blaming the channel provider despite the channel working up until my switch about an hour ago. Why do I pay hundreds per month for a service that is inconsistent and employees don't know what they are talking about??

New Poster

We just signed up for a new cable package yesterday and talked and emailed with the rep before switching over. We were assured multiple times, every time, that we would receive Discovery ID and a few more channels that we really wanted to keep. We were NEVER told any channels were lost to negotiations. Then of course we found out last night that we do not have Discovery ID. It is very frustrating to be mislead repeatedly. That's why I left DirecTV. Their customer service was horrible as well. Comcast is the only company NOT to carry this specific channel. Looks like we'll have to move on to something else now, not just because they don't carry the channel after being told repeatedly they do, but because we were mislead. This channel is very popular. It needs to be negotiated and brought back for those that want it. I've seen enough threads, almost petition-like to bring it back and the upset customers who have gone through the same thing as us. It's something to see so many people flock to other companies for one channel when it's easy enough for Comcast to bring it back. Especially when people are willing to pay for it. Comcast, bring back Dicovery ID please.
New Poster

Discovery ID is

@military2 wrote:
We just signed up for a new cable package yesterday and talked and emailed with the rep before switching over. We were assured multiple times, every time, that we would receive Discovery ID and a few more channels that we really wanted to keep. We were NEVER told any channels were lost to negotiations. Then of course we found out last night that we do not have Discovery ID. It is very frustrating to be mislead repeatedly. That's why I left DirecTV. Their customer service was horrible as well. Comcast is the only company NOT to carry this specific channel. Looks like we'll have to move on to something else now, not just because they don't carry the channel after being told repeatedly they do, but because we were mislead. This channel is very popular. It needs to be negotiated and brought back for those that want it. I've seen enough threads, almost petition-like to bring it back and the upset customers who have gone through the same thing as us. It's something to see so many people flock to other companies for one channel when it's easy enough for Comcast to bring it back. Especially when people are willing to pay for it. Comcast, bring back Dicovery ID please.

channel 713

Frequent Visitor

I believe the same thing happened to me.  I upgraded my package on 8/8/19 to the Blast, Extra, and Voice package.  As far as I know, there is no place online to view the channels included in the Extra package.  The channel lineup page you are directed to does not list Extra as an option.  It seems at this point, the only way to know what is included is to talk to the representative.  During the ordering process, he asked what channels do you want to make sure are included.  My answer was simple because TV Land is the only one my wife required in order for us to switch from DirecTV.  I was assured it was included.  I proceeded with the order and during the confirmation process, I asked again if TV Land was included in the Extra TV package.  The rep said it would be available on all the TV's.  I explained that I was referring to the package named Extra and was again assured it was included.  Calls to customer service have been an exercise in futility and I am unwilling to be charged more for what I agreed to buy.  I have since tried to find the official channel lineup of the Extra package online and have challenged others to do so.  So far, no one has been able to find it. The Xfinity official rate card lists the price of it, but not the channel lineup.  I have urged Comcast to pull up the call recording from that day since they obviously record them.  I doubt they will as it will confirm everything I have stated here in writing.  

One person I told about this had an interesting thought.  "What if this is intentional and they will always omit one of the channels that you say are important during the call?"  It makes me wonder since I only said one channel was a deal breaker and surprise, that is the one omitted.  

New Poster

Please bring back the ID channel! I'm in Knoxville TN and none of the new packages have it anymore.
New Poster

I too cannot find the 'Extra' channel lineup. I currently have the Starter' lineup with my package but want to save some money and switch to a better priced deal. It shows the TV would now be the 'Extra' lineup (+125). Has anyone had any luck in finding out what channels are different from the Digital starter lineup?

New Poster

Same thing just happened to me!  I'm so upset about it.  After being given the runaround, a Comcast agent finally told me they ended the contract with Discovery, and just said sorry like it's no big deal.  First of all, THEY LIED, secondly, I subscribed to the package in the beginning specifically for these channels, you said I would keep them but that's not the case, and now I'm stuck in a contract that I don't want.  I reached out to discovery to see if there were other streaming options online and was told no, and that this discontinuation of service was Comcast's doing.  

@military2 wrote: