Community Forum

Channel and Voice Out of Sync on ABC

Highlighted
New Poster

Channel and Voice Out of Sync on ABC

I am in a Chicago suburb, and my ABC channel (no others that I can see) has the sound and picture WAY out of sync.  Is anyone at Comcast working with ABC to fix the synchronization problem?   I have an (expensive) LG OLED TV and a Yamaha soundbar, but even LG's Auto Sync option which provides a way to bring sound into sync cannot rectify the problem.

I just switched from AT&T's U-verse to Xfinity, and this is certainly a bummer, not being able to watch one of our LOCAL channels because of the sync problem.

Comcast tech support???

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Channel and Voice Out of Sync on ABC

@Bobbednar wrote:

I am in a Chicago suburb, and my ABC channel (no others that I can see) has the sound and picture WAY out of sync.  Is anyone at Comcast working with ABC to fix the synchronization problem?   I have an (expensive) LG OLED TV and a Yamaha soundbar, but even LG's Auto Sync option which provides a way to bring sound into sync cannot rectify the problem.

I just switched from AT&T's U-verse to Xfinity, and this is certainly a bummer, not being able to watch one of our LOCAL channels because of the sync problem.

Comcast tech support???

Have you checked your local ABC channel on both the lower numbered SD channel and higher numbered HD channel?  Does the sync. problem occur on both frequencies? I suspect only on one location. If both; the problem is with the local channel feed to Comcast. If only one location; you have RF interference causing the problem. 

If you have a separate speaker system; make sure it is connected directly to the television (not the cable-box). Does the problem occur when using just the television's speakers?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, even using my TV speakers, the ABC station is out of sync.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

I'm also in the Chicago area, and have noticed severe AV sync issues on WLS. Checking most regular cable channels, and my sync is pretty good (I can see slight variation from network to network.) The WLS issues seem to be worst during the local news and ABC news. A check of "Good Morning America" today seems to show no obvious issue. Not sure if it is fixed, or is an issue with WLS itself. I don't have an antenna to double-check against Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem I’m in the southwest suburbs.....also been having problems with all local channels going out
Highlighted
New Poster

I believe I found the problem and a solution ... at least MY solution ... to the audio/channel poout-of-sync problem.

When I went into the Xfinity Settings, Deviuce settings, Audio, HDMI Audio Output, I selected the STEREO setting, and it seemed to correct the out-of-sync problem.

Apparently, when I had the audio setting as Dolby 5.1, that caused the out-of-sync?  I suspect that if one's audio device (or maybe even TV?) doesn't support or recognize the Dolby 5.1 settings, something goes "whack" and results in the out-of-sync issue.

So, eveyone with this problem, make sure you have the Xfinity audio set for STEREO.

(Post if that was found to be YOUR solution.)

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the sound and sync issues you're experiencing with ABC. I can definitely see how that could be inconvenient. I hope what @

Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: abc audiogoing in and out - I checked my audio setting and it is on stereo and still have the problem.  Other solutions?