Community Forum

Channel Lineup "New Channels 1000 - 1999"

Frequent Visitor

Re: Channel Lineup "New Channels 1000 - 1999"

I totally agree - too many shopping channels in the first 15 HDs. With uverse we could easily hide channels we didn't want to see. I wish we could get that with xfinity.

Setting up favorites doesn't really work for me. The number of channels I do not want to see is limited.

Frequent Visitor

Just an observation, channels: 242 pbs kids, 183 kids central, 182 primo tv are not mirrored in the new channel neighborhood numbering system (1000s)  in the Nashville market, and why is an NBC station from Seattle listed at 1006

Frequent Visitor

Before the change fxx was in hd, now it's not. There are several other channels to, hbo2 being one of them. Yes we get West coast hbo now but ibwant my hd channels back since I'm paying for them.
Most Valued Poster

ktipton88 wrote:
Before the change fxx was in hd, now it's not. There are several other channels to, hbo2 being one of them. Yes we get West coast hbo now but ibwant my hd channels back since I'm paying for them.

In Boston FXX is 1410 (924) , HBO2 1804 (871)

Frequent Visitor

In Boston FXX is 1410 (924) , HBO2 1804 (871)

Same for Nashville, but FXX is SD only, here.

Most Valued Poster

I don't understand how it can be broadcasting in SD if it is a 1000+ or 800 or 900 number. That is very strange

Silver Problem Solver

WindsurfMaui wrote:

I don't understand how it can be broadcasting in SD if it is a 1000+ or 800 or 900 number. That is very strange

The 1000 series numbers do not guarantee HD. They will be in HD if an HD feed is available, otherwise, they will be in SD.

Most Valued Poster

Both of those stations are saying HD when I click on the 1000+ number here in Boston. Could it be a local equipment issue?

Regular Contributor

FXXHD is 692 in Denver.

The inconsistency of channels offered in formats available is absurd since we all pay hundreds of dollars. In Denver, for the same approximate cost as in South Florida, we only get 7 HBOs (E, W, 2, Signature, Family, Comedy, Zone) with only 3 in HD, and 5 MAXs (W, E, More, Action, Thriller) with only 1 in HD. South Florida has them all in HD. I know there used to be franchise agreements for channels with local communities, but that was decades ago (although I know there are still some for groups like Condo Associations and Colleges). All the channels can be offered anywhere now.

It is time for Comcast to provide ALL of the channels in both SD and HD format since that is what everyone i paying for.

Frequent Visitor

I totally agree that everything that can be in HD should be. What I hear is that the infrastructure is the problem. Some cities, Nashville, where I live is one, the system can't support pushing 150 HD channels. It's capable of maybe 100, so things get cut. Years ago we had 5+/- HDs of the movie channels. One by one, we would loose them as other new HD channels were added. That's why we left Comcast for a while. Until the customer complaints pile up, they won't change. I think as people get annoyed by this mixing of HD and SD channels, the pressure may increase enough to see some changes. Maybe just wishful thinking though....

Most Valued Poster

Well I'm learning something here. We have a few Premium stations that are in SD and not HD. But I thought every part of the country had the same thing. I didn't realize we had fewer HD channels than other parts of the country. Now I feel cheated!!

I just wanted to make one small disagreement. I don't think all channels should be broadcast in SD. As a matter of fact I think they should get rid of SD as they transition to HD. Most people have HD TV's now plus you can watch HD channels on and SD TV.

Regular Contributor

I actually do not want SD to go away. First because there are so many channels that only brodcast in SD here, and I don't want to lose those channels. Second, because some of the channels do not know how to transmit in HD correctly, and since I have a mixed TV household, I want to be able to watch on both 4:3 and 16:9 TVs. The channels that do it right are fullscreen in HD and letterbox on SD. The ones that do it wrong (which now includes HBO and MAX for the past couple of months), send a squished HD signal to 4:3, making them unwatchable as well as make watching the SD versions on a 16:9 TV inconventient since you have to keep changing the aspect.

Regular Visitor

This is a lie as I have lost channel 46 (FSN). I also have a new channel on 2540, but I have no idea what it is as it doesn't show anything but the number and "To Be Announced".

Regular Visitor

I must issue an apology as I noticed after I had replied that the channel in question had returned to my lineup (just under the name Fox Sports South instead of FSN). I was just disappointed as the channel had completely disappeared from my lineup and I was afraid I wouldn't get to see the Preds games.

Regular Contributor

So, I decided to get an LCD TV to replace my 4:3 bedroom TV because Comcast will not fix the problem of HD signal not being converted properly on SD channels (where it used to be letterboxed, but now it is squished), like all MAX channels, some HBO channels, Lifetime, A&E, History and more. For some switching to the HD channel solves the problem, but there are too many channels that do not have and HD version.

Unfortunately, this Sony TV does not have a proper Zoom mode, so I cannot watch SD channels zoomed in to fit the screen. I was hoping that I could just update my Favorites lists so that they included the HD channels instead of the SD ones, but because Comcast still hasn't fixed this problem, if I redo my lists, I will have two inclusions for every channel, making the list double-length.

This really stinks because I just want simple Favorities lists that show one line for every channel I want included. This means I can really never edit my lists at all because I will lose the consise format I have. When I have added a couple more channels, I always get double entries, and it is really a pain. I would even be happy if I could make a list that ONLY inlcuded 1000 channels, for the most part, but I can't even do that.

Comcast - please fix this problem so we can update our Favorites lists and keep them usable.

Most Valued Poster

Yes I agree. With the non X-1 DVR I was able to save a number of different favorite lists and select which one I wanted to use. Now I also get doubles and probably would like to use the 1000+ channel numbers as  well.

New Poster

Did someone think this out before changing the lineup? I understand making them close to the regular network stations but why do you have the shopping networks mixed in with network TV. It has no flow now. those stations should be grouped together at the end of the thousands. Before to go to one football to another I just hit the channel button. 1004 to 1006 was cbs to fox. Now I hit a PBS channel and two jewlery channels. Someone needs to fix this. I can no longer just flip between local news channels.

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately I think it is because those shopping networks (HSN, QVC, JWL) are considered locals. If you hook up an OTA antenna, they come in that way like the the real networks. I have noticed that my 1000 local channels are numbered more ilke their OTA channel numbers when they were analog, for example, FOX is 13 on cable and 1031 in 1000s since it is 31 OTA. Also mixed in with local and shopping are the OTA spanish channels we have using the same numbers they have OTA. And yet, the secondary OTAs (METV, LAFF, ANTENNA, etc.) are not grouped with the other OTA locals. They are in the 1150s-80s. Now that makes no sense if they wanted to keep all locals together.

Frequent Visitor

Since the channels changed, I have noticed that there are several channels that aren't in Hd any longer. HBO 2, and FXX to name a couple. Why were these channels changed?
Most Valued Poster

@ktipton8803 wrote:
Since the channels changed, I have noticed that there are several channels that aren't in Hd any longer. HBO 2, and FXX to name a couple. Why were these channels changed?

In Boston HBO2 is 871 and FXX is 924

Frequent Visitor

Yea but mine were in hi-def before they changed them.
Most Valued Poster

Sorry I don't understand. These two channels are High Def channels.

Regular Visitor

Chicago has the poorest HD lineup comparing to other providers. I cant wait when layer3 will be kicking xfinity and im moving for sure to them. Paying for channels that are in SD is not cool. Who in 2018 still wathing SD? U-verse has alot more HD channels then xfinity and they have the worst services. Xfinity is time to finnaly to arrived in present time with HD full programming! This is embarrassing !!
Frequent Visitor

There not in HD on my TV. I have 3 4k TVs and they show in SD. They look the same as there lower number channel.
Most Valued Poster

@ktipton8803 wrote:
There not in HD on my TV. I have 3 4k TVs and they show in SD. They look the same as there lower number channel.

871 is showqing in HD here but I agree the current show on 924 is showing in 4:3 SD. you are correct.

New Poster

You did remove at least one channel! The World Fishing Network is no long available. You removed the only channel that was dedicated to fishing for all of us that love to fish and learn about fishing. Please bring back the World Fishing Network!!

New Poster

How about beign able to filter and see our favorites for channels that are above 1000?  you know, the set of channel numbers that are grouped together ina logical way?  Instead of all over the place where they are in the other list.

Frequent Visitor

I totally agree! I've made SOOO many complaints to plz fix this and they have all fell on deaf ears. So I know how you feel.
Regular Visitor

Why can't Xfinity use its Notifications app to inform customers of changes in the programming, lineup, whatever? This seems like such a simple solution to all the questions subscribers have and would relieve customer service from having to answer phone calls about these items.