Community Forum

Channel 9 - PBS no longer listed

Frequent Visitor

Channel 9 - PBS no longer listed

Why has the Channel 9 - PBS been removed from the channel guide listing?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Channel 9 - PBS no longer listed

Which "PBS channel 9"? I assume there's more than one - the one I am aware of is KQED in San Francisco.

Pardon me for asking, but what is your ZIP Code? It would make it easier to figure out why you're no longer getting a particualr station if we knew in what part of the country you lived.

Frequent Visitor

This is for Public Broadcasting Service Channel 9 WMAW - Meridian, MS - My Zip Code is 39305

Regular Contributor

Strange - Titan TV's listings say that your Channel 9 is WMPN in Jackson. What's even stranger is, you should still be getting WMAW's PBS Kids subchannel.

Try contacting WMAW and see if they know anything about it.

Frequent Visitor

There are many different station designations dependent on where you live in Mississippi.

There is no problem with receiving channel 9 on the TV or finding out what is scheduled using the TV Guide on the remote.  The problem is that that information for whatever reason has been remove by Xfinity/Comcast from the listing that is provided on the internet when loging in by computer or iphone.  Just a lack of quality control on the information that they are providing.

Frequent Visitor

Community Mailer asked the following Question.  Did you get the answer you needed?

NO!. Comcast/Xfinity is not maintaining the TV listings for the Channel 9 programs available on the TV to show the current programs being scheduled when logging into either the TV listings on the internet using a computer or the xfinity Stream App on my Iphone.

Official Employee

Hi @Gil8185

Thank you for posting your question in the Community Forums. I can investigate this further, and may need to ask a few additional questions. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

No it has not.

Channel 9 is still not listed on the TV listing on either the internet or on the Xfinity Stream App.

Official Employee

Ok, I would like to confirm whether or not that network is still available to you. Please send me a private message verifying the requested information in order to do so. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Channel 9 is available to me on the TV and when I use the Guide on the remote.

However, Channel 9 is still not listed on the TV listing provided on either the internet or on the Xfinity Stream App.

Official Employee

We are just trying to better understand your situation, as we assist customers all across the US. When you check online, does it just completely skip over channel 9 then?

Frequent Visitor

Amazing, that is what I have been saying multiple times.listing on both internet and I phone show Channel 6-7 & 10 no channel 9.

However the guide on the TV shows 6-7-8-9 &10

Official Employee

Does anything come up if you try a search for WMAW online through the TV listings section?

Frequent Visitor

No.  The only thing that comes up is "No Results"

Official Employee

I imagine that none of the filters are enabled either, is that correct?

Frequent Visitor

That is correct.

Official Employee

Does anything come up when you search for PBS content specifically while logged in online?

Frequent Visitor

Yes.

PBSPBS

PBS

Channel Collection

PBS KIDSPBS KIDS

PBS KIDS

Channel Collection

PBS NewsHourPBS NewsHour

PBS NewsHour

TV Series / 2009-

Great TV Picks on PBS KidsGreat TV Picks on PBS Kids

Great TV Picks on PBS Kids

Official Employee

From the stream site f you go under Live TV, All Channels, click Find, type in PBS and press enter, does it come up with PBS and any channel number that way?

Frequent Visitor

No. It comes up with exactly what I sent to you.  I just do not understand why if the Guide that comes up on the TV is correct, what is the big problem with getting what is on the internet correct?

Official Employee

That is what we are trying to help you figure out here, I am not sure yet why it's different for you on your end. Please send me a private message with your name so I can check your location and see if something has changed with content availability there. 

Frequent Visitor

I am not sure how to send a private message to you as you requested. 

Official Employee

No problem. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. Thank you.