Community Forum

Channel 44.3 over the air in the SF Bay Area - ME TV - will it be added to Comcast ?

New Poster

Channel 44.3 over the air in the SF Bay Area - ME TV - will it be added to Comcast ?

Hello Comcast.  We used to have ME TV available on Channel 196 in the SF Bay area until about 2 years ago when KOFY TV 20 dropped ME TV from Channel 20.2.  At that time, Channel 196 on Comcast was removed.   I understand that KBHK TV 44 in San Francisco will be adding ME TV to over the air Broadcast channel 44.3 very soon - I understand the screen currently says "ME TV Coming Soon".   It would be great if Comcast can pick up the new ME TV Signal from over the air channel 44.3 and add it back to Comcast channel 196 right where it used to be.    In the Tri Valley area, the mountains block the TV signals from Sutro Tower in Downtown SF, making Cable TV (or Satellite TV) mandatory.  Can you let us know if there are plans to add ME TV back to Comcast?  We had it before.     Thanks Mike.

New Poster

Re: Channel 44.3 over the air in the SF Bay Area - ME TV - will it be added to Comcast ?

I hope this happens as well. I do not believe Xfinity is required to carry this station as it is a sub-channel outside the main channel. Maybe if enough of us ask it will happen.

Regular Contributor

Re: Channel 44.3 over the air in the SF Bay Area - ME TV - will it be added to Comcast ?

@MullyEden wrote:

I hope this happens as well. I do not believe Xfinity is required to carry this station as it is a sub-channel outside the main channel. Maybe if enough of us ask it will happen.

No, it does not "have to"; in fact, I am pretty sure Xfinity does not carry LAFF on the KGO 7.3 subchannel.

I also recommend that those of us who want Xfinity to add the channel contact KBCW (San Francisco's channel 44 / cable 12 hasn't been called KBHK since 2006 - back when Comcast did carry 7.3, but as KGO's 24-hour weather channel) and remind them to remind Comcast that it is available.

Frequent Visitor

So I would love MeTV to be added back to Comcast.  But the coming soon slide has disapeared and it's a black screen now.  Does anyone know what the issue is with it coming?  It seems that it's beeen labeled metv for a long time, but nothing seems to be happening.

New Poster

Yes, the MeTV slide has been down for some time now. From what I've heard there is some sort of legal hassle going on. It might not be over MeTV specifically but involves it in some way. These are details I don't know how to follow up on.

New Poster

I would like MeTV on Comcast. One reason I stayed with Uverse for several years. Give the customers what they want. Without them there is no Xfinity!
Frequent Visitor

I noticed today that channel 44.3 is finally broadcasting MeTV content.  My TiVo guide just shows "to be announced" for all the programs, but the guide data for channel 3.2 (MeTV in Sacramento) does list the programs.  Hopefully Comcast will pick up the station too.

New Poster

Yes, I saw that too. In fact I watched a couple of shows and enjoyed having the channel back on the air. I doubt Comcast will add this channel but I have emailed them a request to do so.