Community Forum

Channel 130 ( NHK World )

New Poster

Channel 130 ( NHK World )

Why NHK World ( ch 130 ) is no longer available to the customers in the central NJ?

Admin1

Re: Channel 130 ( NHK World )

Hi holmovka -- Can you try channel 1186 to see if this programming is available there please?

Regular Visitor

NHK World was also removed from southern New York (channels 950, 1189).  The channels were replaced by a sports network STADI.  I was hoping it just changed channel numbers but I'm not finding it anywhere when searching.  Not happy that NHK World is gone.

Regular Visitor

Finally found some information on this...according to the NHK website the channel for NHK World in our area was supposed to change to a new number on April 1.

This is from their website:

Channel Change Notice – New York,NY,U.S.A.

The viewers in New York and North New Jersey who are watching NHK WORLD-JAPAN programming are kindly requested to check our new channel numbers below.

Effective April 1st, 2018, NHK WORLD-JAPAN programming will be located on the following channels:

Comcast/Xfinity 265 ch/ 1157ch

I tried looking for channels 265 and 1157 but they are not available yet.  I don't see them in the guide and can't get to them when entering the numbers.  Since according to NHK we are still supposed to have access I'm hoping the new channels just need to be added.  I did submit a request with these details but I am posting here too just in case a comcast employee checks this and can help out.

Admin1

KMS -- I had a look at these channel in your area however I am not seeing them listed. I have not found any further information on having these channels added. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the update ComcastZach.

I hope we can get NHK back.  Since NHK is giving our area a new channel number they must have talked to someone from Comcast about the changes.

On their page https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/howto/ you can see the Change Notice link (bottom of the page in the Information section)

Direct link to the notice https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/upld/thumbnails/en/information/info20180401.pdf

Frequent Visitor

Comcast shoud add the  NHK channel back ASAP.  I am getting tired of Comacast's continous process of rediucing service and sneaking extra fees onto the bill.  It is outrageous that as a Connecticut customer I cannot get the CT affiliate of a major network, WTNH, on my local Comcast system.  Perhaps whene the crooked chair of the FCC is removed thigs will get better.  Break up Comcast!