Community Forum

Channel 1253 SNY

Highlighted
New Poster

Channel 1253 SNY

Channel 1253 SNY does not seem to be transmitting in HD. Is anyone else having that issue?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Channel 1253 SNY Not in HD

Same issue here in the Hartford, CT area.   At least now i know it's not a problem with my equipment.

Where are you located Pete? 

New Poster

SNY HD not broadcasting in HD

My SNY HD channel as of 3 days ago seems to now be in SD. All my other HD channels seem fine. This is the same in all my TVs. WNBC Ny Is also in SD but that has always been the case but SNY was always in HD. I have a tech coming out but I find it hard to believe it's my 4k box which has already been replaced. Any ideas ? Could it be on the broadcast side ?
New Poster

Re: Channel 1253 SNY

Yes...I am being told the problem is at my home. I know that's not the proablem but figured they would kbow
New Poster

Yes I bet your WNBC channe never broadcastal in HD either correct ? That's not a big deal but SNY just happened and I dont want them ignoring the trouble. As a Met fan I suffer enough
New Poster

Yes I have been having the same problem for 3 days now. I contacted XFINITY and they were unaware of the situation and said that it must be a Network issue
Frequent Visitor

I'm in CT, zip 06019.  A few things i noticed about this:

On the Xfinity Stream Beta app, which  i get on my Roku,  SNYHD is also not in HD.

On MLB.TV, the archived Mets games from the last few days *are* in HD, even though they were in SD when they were live on SNY.

A few of the commercials on SNYHD are in HD, but most of the commercials and all of the programs are in SD. 

Maybe this info will help Xfinity to figure out what's going on. 

New Poster

New Haven Area

New Poster

No SNY HD in Plainville ct. i called and Comcast doesn't know why
New Poster

We're having same problem with no HD on SNY all of a sudden. Spoke with a Comcast agent about it. She said she couldn't contact SNY herself but would have a "higher-up" look into it. I haven't looked today (7-18) but I will and will keep calling Comcast till they get an answer as to why this is happening. 

New Poster

So I guess my question would be how we can get xfinity to stop telling us they haven't heard about it and find out what's wrong. They are sending a tech out to the house and that's a waste.
New Poster

No idea. Maybe the “tech” has a suggestion
Frequent Visitor

HD is back here in Canton, CT.  

New Poster

Came home and SNY HD is back here as well...glad I was able to communicate with you all
Frequent Visitor

Thanks to Xfinity for fixing it.  Now we'll have a nice sharp view of the Mets losing tonight!!

Frequent Visitor

I spoke too soon.  SNYHD went back to SD late Thursday night, in Canton, CT.  Hopefully Xfinity will know how to fix it again.

New Poster

Yes, it seemed to switch around Mid night last night here in North Branford CT.

New Poster

See your wrong....they didnt lose last night......
They waited until this morning lol
Frequent Visitor

And now it's back in HD again.

Official Employee

Re: SNY HD not broadcasting in HD

Hi @Dolick93

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. We apologize for the delayed reply. I wanted to follow up with you to see if there was a change in your service after your tech visit? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Greetings, All! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear this channel keeps going back and forth from HD to SD. If you are still having the issue feel free to send me a PM with your first and last names so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, all. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.