Community Forum

Cartoon Network?

Regular Visitor

Re: Cartoon Network?

DITTO!

Frequent Visitor

I asked the same question and was told the company is currently transitioning all their lineups and there is no way to see the new package bundles visually. The rep said take my word for it you will be getting your channels back if you upgrade I just can’t prove it with a new line up list. That is the funniest thing I ever heard. So I took the bait and after almost 3 hours of dealing with scripted <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> answers and PAYING MORE still no Disney. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. WOW.<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

New Poster

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. You keep increasing prices and taking away channels we like. I am sure we can all find a better cable provider. Direct TV, Dish, hulu Live, you tube live anything must be better than this service!

Regular Contributor

You can downgrade to an internet only plan without penalty. Call the Comcast 1-800 number and ask for the customer retention desk.
New Poster

I agree that the move they made is cheap. That's not right to take away the kids channels and make it a higher tier of payment. Pretty sure that will backfire with everyone on that tier. I've had comcast block downloading also with internet when its unlimited. Which in turn worked fine on my mobile network. With a service that wants control over its customers... I believe I'll be switching to a fios internet deal.

I was home after a long day and sat in my chair to turn on adult swim. Had a error code. I refreshed the box with the same outcome. I was like 'I dont even want to deal with them tonight'. Check today and it's a loss in the subscription. Including Disney and food network. Kind of cheap in my opinion. I'll just be looking forward to a end of contract and a new provider with a cheaper package (Fios). Optical cable is the way to go. Done dealing with periodic outages.

Only stating how I feel since you've taken a channel away that I view. I barely use your cable service as it is already.
New Poster

Thanks for answering. We’re returning our tv box on Monday, to the xfinity store. Cartoon Network was the only channel our family watched. Time to get Hulu instead.
Frequent Visitor

So if you can’t have both why has my bill been showing both all this time. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

22FFC09B-05A3-4E86-B3A4-D84FF3EF676E.png
New Poster

I didn’t lose any other channels only Cartoon Network, why is that?
Expert

@Nataliejane17 wrote:
Of course you removed it. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

No, it was removed because of personal identifying information, not what you were posting about.

This is a public forum. Please do not post personal information such as name, phone #, email/physical address or account number.

This is right at the top of every post box, just underneath *Body.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Cancelled my cable and internet and will be switching to something else. Terrible move on your part, Comcast, shame on you

New Poster

I happened upon this earlier and found out that I cannot watch CN/Adult Swim. My Saturday Nights are basically the time I ritualistically watch Toonami. Meaning, ALL THE ANIME.

And considering how I now not only got to miss DragonBall Super, but I even missed Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaiders.

You have absolutely no idea what consequences this has on Comcast/Xfinity when you not only give poor quality assistance to everyone by having one person say “its part of the basic package” and another saying “it moved to be a special channel you must pay to subscribe for”, but also people who are also alienating anyone who are only wanting Cartoon Network to watch Japanese animation of higher quality.

For real...it’s nearly the 2020s(still 2018 yet), and you gotta consider that the majority of people who watch CN might as well tune in for the anime that Adult Swim have every Saturday night. Not only teenagers, but people between their 20s to their 40s are watching this. And soon, a newer generation will want more of the same, and those 40-somethings will be in their 50s and STILL watch anime.

What I’m getting at is how you are now going to lose customers left and right thinking you know what’s best for us when CLEARLY you don’t. As the old saying goes “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it”. Then why make us pay more for a channel that was never anything but basic cable greatness?

I’m sorry, but I 100% agree with everyone here that leaving Comcast/Xfinity may be an option UNLESS you put back Cartoon Network to the basic cable package.

None of us are accepting this false impression full of gladhanding statements and cheap talk than we will accept the main reason everybody even bothered to get cable in the first place.

I was happy when my area finally got CN back in December 1996, and disappointed in seeing it be a “premium channel” after having it for 22 years.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">, and until then, another provider will deliver to us what we want that has been taken from us due to marketing failure and whomever thought this bad idea through.

WE WANT CARTOON NETWORK/TOONAMI/ADULT SWIM BACK TO THE BASIC PACKAGE!!! Enjoy losing customers, because this problem falls squarely onto you and nobody but you, Comcast/Xfinity.

Sorry, but this had to be said. Shameful. Just shameful.

New Poster

Just checking out Verizon's FIOS bundle option which is available in our area. A substantial savings over what we are being <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. SEE YA!!!

New Poster

I just called Comcast about this. I was certainly not going to pay more for Preferred even though CN is what we watch at least half the time. They gave me a cheaper plan with Cartoon Network. I was told they have new tiers instead of Starter and Preferred. I could get Select for slightly less or I could go to Standard which includes CN and save over $30/mo with no contract. I don't know all of the channel differences between the old and new tiers but I still have the few other channels I also watch, like History and some sports. It also has Nick and Disney since it includes the Kids and Family channels. It's also the same internet speed.

New Poster

This is just <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Upgrading to the next tier would be about 175% of my current bill. Not worth the candle.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

T<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">, so you could get any phone provider over the copper you wanted.

New Poster

Your "good option" is lasooing subscribers into a new 2 year contract that will ballon after the first years.

Our "69.95" digital preferred costs $96 and change after taxes and fees.

So any good deal should be mulitpled by the sticker price.

I wish there was another cable  / high speed internet provider, but our town is a Comcast town.

New Poster

Not sure if I'm still under contract but even if I am I'll be cancelling Xfinity within 30 days over this. This channel is the last in my package that I have kept you for. I see this kind of behavior<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> You can NOT get people to sign up for something tell them they must subscribe for years then change the product they are paying for or ask for more money. There's a ticket in since before the new year about how I can't price packages and every time I call you try to sell me more but never fix it. Last time I just wanted 1 channel and you wanted double my bill. This is not good and hope more follow suite.

New Poster

They always look at cost factors for the cable company never the customer.
New Poster

Well I think that does it for me, time to cut the cord.  This was one of 3 channels viewed regularly in my household.  I'm not going to pay an extra $20 a month on top of the already high prices for this channel.  There was no notification of this change on any of my bills.  The lack of advance notice appears to be in voilation of the regulations as set by the Local Franchise Authority in my area. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Solicitation">

New Poster

Yes, <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. The Cartoon Network is gone from Digital Starter, but I'm paying $7 something for the Sport access which I don't have and don't desire to have. I heard the Optimum is the resonable option right now.

New Poster

This is honestly ridiculous. This channel has always been included with basic programming. I am seriously reconsidering my Comcast subscription. This service continuously removes benefits and never adds them. I am so disappointed with my service.

New Poster

Get out of your contract while you still can.

I'm a little more than half-way through my 2-year contract, and I'm willing to take the early tenrimaiton fee hit.

Taking away my Cartoon Network / Adult Swim was the last straw.

I'm going OTA (over the air) until I can figure out what to do next.

Julie the Jarhead

New Poster

Re: Cartoon Network Gone

I agree wholeheartedly. I was so glad to be coming back to Comcast and now thinking about terminating contract or downgrading to internet only.  Very disappointing. 

New Poster

Why does your own website say "NONE of the current channels will be removed?"

Here is the link:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/new-channel-lineup

Official Employee

@davarnia wrote:

Why does your own website say "NONE of the current channels will be removed?"

Here is the link:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/new-channel-lineup

That link refers to neighborhood channels not package changes. You're comparing two different things

Contributor

That's right, <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> by taking away channels and making you pay more for them. I saw this on my bill several months ago and contacted them to make sure this change did not affect me, my kids love cartoon network and most of the shows on their. I was ASSURED that this change did not affect my plan and that I was safe. several weeks later my kids are crying because they cant watch Teen Titans Go because the channel is gone. I contact customer service and they offer to upgrade my plan for an additional $10 a month. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> They then offered me a $10 credit, i told them I would not accept it,<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> and at least give me the channel till my contract is up (2 or 3 months) they said they would for $10 a month. 

This is not the first time <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> if you cant take care of your existing customers how do you plan on keeping a reputable business?<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> my mistake.

Frequent Visitor

Just trying sling TV........... 10 mins in watching on my firestick and love it. Definition may not be as good but <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Fyi I have had 10 posts deleted from this thread over the last 2 days !

New Poster

I dont understand , Why can i not even look at other packages . I do pay For Cable and internet . In excess of 17 hours of work for me which is  hard labor  . I also am a loyal customer and have always kept my bill paid ? I truly do not understand why i was told when i signed up this was the channel  I was going to have and now your removing it ?  

An Apology means you know you are doing wrong and are going to fix it . I am really upset about this . It is litterally one of the only channels I enjoy. I believe that many others on here feel the same . I also believe that you know this as per your message stating that you are reviewing or researching channels not watched much . 

I am looking forward to an honest and swift  resolve to this issue . 

Please continue to be a great cable and internet provider ..

Thank you.  

Thank you 

New Poster

Seems like comcast made no effort to notify its customers about this ahead of time considering we all had to come here to figure out what is going on. I'll be getting quotes from Verizon.

Expert

@Blannan wrote:

Seems like comcast made no effort to notify its customers about this ahead of time considering we all had to come here to figure out what is going on. I'll be getting quotes from Verizon.

It should have been in the notes in your past bill.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

It's in the small print. I get my bill electronically so I didn't find out until today. Good bye Comcast you do not care about your loyal customers of 20+ years

New Poster

What are you doing? One of the few apolitical channels? Did my bill get less expensive? How do you people sleep at night?
New Poster

I'm paying $210 a month and loosing channels.  Comcast will continue to change terms of service, remove channels, and raise prices without your knowledge.  Your best bet would be to ditch Comcast and go to Dish, Cox, Verizon, etc.

New Poster

So what channels were added? I have had economy cable for years and now I don't have cartoon network, trutv, or the weather channel.... And I have not seen any channels added. I have had an awful time with customer service and have found that reporting to the betterbusinessbureau is the only way to ever get a response so im starting to think thats what customers need to do to ever be treated with respect. Paying $100 for very few channels and internet that isnt consistent is a rip off. I love that i lost channels but the price didnt go down....
New Poster

I chose this package because of the channels offered. I’m now locked into a two-year contract and am required to to hold up my end of the agreement but Comcast can change its channel line up less than two months in my contract. This is one of the only channels we watch. What a disappointment.
New Poster

"ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors including programming costs, alternative viewing options and overall viewing habits"what a load of cr*p. This is just pure greed. You are the worst.<
New Poster

I wonder if Direct TV offers Cartoon Network? I think I’ll be calling to find out
New Poster

found cartoon network conspicuously absent in the lineup.

glad others are speaking up, I thought I was losing it.

how can they do this to the children? it's really depressing.

even though technically the absence of this channel will not affect my life dramatically,

I must admit the corporate insensitivity to all these families will make me look into what other providers are available in my area / their prices.

signed, 

1 swimming adult

Contributor

After several phone calls from the Comcast "higher ups" and the admission that they did in fact tell me my line up would not be affected by this change when in fact it was but they still failed to make up for their screw up. I told them I will be canceling service in 2 months when my contract is up! Well exact words where "Im out like a fat kid in dodgeball" but I think they got the idea.

New Poster

Were you already listed as Digital Prefered package? I have an HBO included package that is just basic non HD channels for $62.00 a month and have been with the package since 2015 when it was promoted. All I would like to do is be able to add Cartoon Network back and if I have to pay extra $9.99 a month Ill do it. They told me my other options were to upgrade to Digital Prefered for $99 a month with HBO not included or the 2 year contract for $130 a month. Honestly I am absolutely furious. They take away Nickalodeon and now Cartoon Network, I really dont want to go through the trouble of switching and buying new cable boxes and equiptment just because I cannot get my favorite channel. This does not make any since and you know Comcast doesnt care about you as customer needs so that is equally upsetting. 

Regular Visitor

I am in a similar boat. I'm a former Gaming/Animation Editor and reviewer, and my Saturday routine is watching [adult swim] and chatting with friends. With that gone I tried talking to it with a rep (nvm the fact it wasn't indicated on my e-bill) and of course got the "Upgrade" script. I even tried negotiating to get the channel and was told "we don't do individual channel purchases". I have had issues with ComCast for a long time but this was the final group of straws.

Going to call this weekend and downgrade to Internet Only, then sign up for PlayStation Vue Access package, that will give me all my channels I need and the combo of Internet and Vue will be $25-30 bucks cheaper than what I pay now. That should tide me over until FiOS offically rolls out in my area in about 6 months.

Regular Visitor

Where is the Cartoon Network I signed up for?

Contributor

It got buried in comcast's deep pockets of money. If you pull more money out of your pocket for them they will add it for you. 

New Poster

Seriously - No cartoon network.  It's the one channel my son watches at night, and it's gone.  I am completely and totally disgusted with comcast/xfinity.  We have a contract with you for x number of months.  We can't break our contract (without spending lots of money) but you can modify said contract whenever you want?  I wish there was another cable company in our town. 

Contributor

8/11/2018 is my final day, my contract is over, my service is being disconnected.........theirs a party at my house and everyone’s invited!