Community Forum

Cartoon Network?

Regular Contributor

Cartoon Network?

Is the Cartoon Netowrk moving to Digital Preferred?

The notes on my last bill said May 9th it is moving to Digital Preferred. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Cartoon Network?

Askedc thi question almost a month ago, no replies. Two different chats with reps told me that Cartoon newtork was not moving to Digital Preferred. 

Just checked on my Starter package and the channel is not working. 

Just chatted with another rep and she confirmed the channel has moved to Preferred.

And Comcast takes another channel away.

Official Employee

Yes it is, some were moved and not included in Basic Economy anymore and other channels that weren’t there previously were added.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

looks like it time to get rid of comcast, only real reason I keep is was so the kid could watch cartoon network

Regular Visitor

I agree! Seriously getting ridiculous paying a ton of money <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">! I pay $115 just for cable and I watch like the same, maybe 10, channels. Of course they’re all over the place so I couldn’t get the cheapest plan and had to move up. Now you took away one of the channels I watch and moved it to an even more expensive plan. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.....

New Poster

Can’t watch cartoon network

“Sorry there seem’s to be a problem here” is what I keep getting when I tune into Cartoon Network. It’s been like this for the past 2 days. I’ve tried refreshing the boxes repeatedly and still doesn’t work. I’ve tried unplugging the box to see if that fixes it, still nothing.
New Poster

How do I know what package and channels I do have? CN says it isnt authorized (anymore) but when I go to my account and the channel lineup it's still showing there
Regular Visitor

Re: Can’t watch cartoon network

That's because Comcast deleted that channel from our lineup-- along with TRU TV, The Weather Channel, & several others. Take a look at the last page of your latest bill, way down at the bottom in very small print-- that's how we were notified. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> :/

New Poster

The only reason I purchased my Xfinity package was because of Cartoon Network.  It is troublesome to know that we can't break contracts, but Xfinity can. Breach of Contract.   I am on the phone with a representative who is telling me to buy the next packager for another 24 months that inlcudes Cartoon Network.  How about  Xfinity credit my account for removing my channel.   She has told me that Cartoon Network has been replaced with new channels but can't tell me which ones or even if they are kid friendly.  

Already can't wait for my contract to be up.   My package is expensive enough, why would I want to go higher ffor another 24 months when Xfinity/Comast can't honor its existing contract.   

Administrator

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience. These changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors including programming costs, alternative viewing options and overall viewing habits (e.g., more lightly viewed programming).

We understand that some customers, like you, find this programming valuable, and we are sorry to disappoint you.

We believe we have some good options that will help you continue to watch Cartoon Network and other programming like it. Please post here if you would like to hear the options available in your area. 

We would be glad to discuss options available to you now to ensure that you don’t lose the programming that you enjoy and bundle options that you can take advantage of.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Totally agree. We just lost 2 of the 4 channels we watch. This is the final straw, time to switch to fios.

New Poster

Agreed. $70+/month for bleep (there ya go, censors). We're gone very soon....

New Poster

I am beyond upset that cartoon network is no longer basic cable.
New Poster

This is frustrating. I think I’m just going to use a different cable provider. Xfinity’s prices are too ridiculous as it is.
New Poster

I had the same problem called in they said it was a service outage then today it was still out the lady told me it moved so I'm thinking of moving on from xfinity myself
New Poster

Comcast is using our children to determine what packages we have to scribe to to get ANY cartoon channels. I'm very highly strongly upset about this decision and the politically correct response comcast always throws out there doesn't cut it. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. I'm going to seriously think about this and in the end comcast might not be sorry they lost 1 person but I won't be supporting this <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> anymore.

New Poster

This excuse is unacceptable. It is filled with feel good information. If anyone actually buys this story it's sad. Comcast has used cartoon channels to make parents buy bigger packages. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

New Poster

Our house watches 3 channels and in this last reorganization 2 of them were taken away!  THis is rediculous!  take away something and expect us to pay more just to get it back!  

And it is not HBO or other premium channels - Cartoon Network and Food network!!!  ugg

very unhappy with xfinity

Frequent Visitor

We also lost Food Network.  I signed up for this package two weeks ago and had no notice this channel was being removed.  I'm definitely considering cancelling ASAP.

New Poster

This is the same problem I am having and I am absolutely livid!!!! I know it may be silly to some, but this is huge violation to me !! I work in a highly stressful work environment and I look forward to coming home and watching Cartoon network for its popular light hearted programing; Adult swim. As someone who lives with mod-severe anxiety I try to find healthy activities to use as coping skills,  going on walks, focusing on something positive, watching mmy favorite shows to help keep me in a positive mood, etc. Watching cartoon network was therapeutic to me; I was able to come home, clear my mind, and not worry about having panic attacks. However having to deal with the lame generic excuses from Comcast representatives, leaving voicemails to consult with managers, and reaching out to my local comcast office ....I am even more aggrevated with no viable solution other than pay the same amount of money for my triple play package (~$140) for less channels, or redo my package to include this channel at added cost. If this is an issue with low ratings or low customer viewing patter I would like comcast to provide me with the data they used to come up with this ie Neilson surveys, ratings/viewing charts for this channel, or any other additional means used to quantify if this channel was necessary for removal. As a paying customer I feel that I should have access to this information so that I may weigh my options as to whether this service is worth my money. 

New Poster

Cartoon newtwork

It is so ridiculous That you took away caroon nework from basic caple package without warning and im very upset that you are so Inconsiderate just trying to get more money from us customers
New Poster

Cartoon Network Gone

Seriously removed Cartoon Network from the basic lineup? I can’t break my contract for two years why can Comcast suddenly change what I get? Bring back Cartoon Network
New Poster

Re: Cartoon newtwork

I agree, very upset it’s gone now
New Poster

Re: Cartoon Network Gone

I couldn’t figure it what was going on last night when I was trying to watch it was giving me an 850 error. Now today it says I need to subscribe to the channel. So yes, they removed it from the basic package. Apparently they are really trying to force people to switch to a streaming service.
New Poster

Ok so what are the options to watch Cartoon Network?  What is the replacement?  Cable is already ridiculously expensive, and you took away one of  the only channels I watch? why should I NOT switch to another provider? What other “options” are you giving us?

New Poster

I had no idea this was being removed and this was the only channel I actually watched..... <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.

Contributor

So does this mean Comcast is lowering our bill since they just took away one of our most watched channels?

Oh look, my bill actually went UP a couple dollars.

So Comcast takes away channels AND raises prices.

This is not how you keep customers. This is why FIOS is picking up more customers.
Contributor

They put it in fine print on my April bill.

They moved it to digital preferred.

So, that means if you were on Digital Economy for 37.95 a month, you have to get Digital Preferred for 54.99 a month to get Cartoon Network now.

So you have to pay $17 extra a month for Cartoon Network.

Is there a cord-cutting Cartoon Network service that's cheaper than $17 a month?

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

New Poster

To Jesse from Comcast,

Rather than offering to discuss options with me, why not post alternatives directly on this forum.  This is an issue that concersns us all, hence the forum.  It is wise not to let us speculate and create more disgruntled cusomers.  So to that note, can you simple state:

1-What are the alternative viewing options you refer to in you reply? Please be specif, with channels.

2- Are these part of the basic package? 

3-Is Cartoon Network available on demand?

Cheers

New Poster

Here are the "kid friendly" options that Comcast added for us:

-BBC America
-BBC World News
-Bloomberg
-Hallmark Mysteries and Movies
-Smithsonian

What a joke...I have a 7 year old at home, so Cartoon Network is a staple at my home. 

Maybe I can tell my kid to watch Bloomberg in the mornings instead of Teen Titans Go. 

I've been on a chat for close to an hour trying to see what they can do for me.

First option was to switch to the preferred package for an extra $30 or so/month, and sign a 2 year "price gurantee"...or what most of us would refer to as a contract.

Right now I'm on month to month service and won't sign a contract.

Next option was to add Cartoon Network as a single channel for $9.99/month. 

Why would I pay $9.99/month extra for something that I had which was taken away from me? 

arrrghh. 

New Poster

In case anyone wants to see what happened with this...Here is my correspondence with Xfinity Customer Service.

Long story short, they gave me Cartoon Network for $9.99/month, and put a credit on my account for $10 this month, so it comes out as a wash...Sandesh told me to call back next month to "check for better deals". Full conversation below, minus my personal info. Hope this helps. Maybe enough buzz on this forum will get Comast executives to change their mind about the new change in programming.

Hello, I noticed that Cartoon Network has been taken away as part of my cable package. Just trying to see what's up with that, if it's temporary or permanent, if I will receive a deduction on my bill, etc.
Robert Anderson 10:46:36 AM
You are now chatting with Sandesh

Thank you for contacting Xfinity Chat Support, my name is Sandesh. May I have your complete name.

Robert, yes there are changes made in cable package and that are permanently. Some channels are added in package and some are removed from package. 
Sandesh 10:47:59 AM
There will be no change in monthly bill.
Sandesh 10:48:18 AM
do you know which channels were added? I haven't seen anything added.
Robert Anderson 10:48:28 AM

I will check your account and update you about it.
Sandesh 10:49:02 AM
thanks.

The channel added in your packages are.
Sandesh 11:00:53 AM
-BBC America
-BBC World News
-Bloomberg
-Hallmark Mysteries and Movies
-Smithsonian
Sandesh 11:01:14 AM
None of those channels are kid friendly
Robert Anderson 11:01:32 AM

Let me check I have any deal to get that you in what you are paying now.
Sandesh 11:02:15 AM
Please stay connected.
Sandesh 11:03:22 AM
Thanks Sandesh
Robert Anderson 11:04:34 AM

I apologize, this is taking more time than usual and I realize the importance of your time. Please stay connected.
Sandesh 11:07:11 AM
Thanks for staying connected.
Sandesh 11:10:00 AM
As I checked your account you can get kids channels added in your package however you will need to upgrade your package to Select package.
Sandesh 11:10:08 AM
You will get 210+ channels in that now you are getting 140+ channels.
Sandesh 11:10:38 AM
You will get same Internet is that.
Sandesh 11:10:56 AM
You will get that at $99.99 with sure price foi 24 months.
Sandesh 11:11:41 AM
I'm just not sure why I would need to "upgrade:" to receive the channels that I previously had. Verizon has Cartoon Network included in their basic package. I have a 7 year old child at home, and Cartoon Network is almost the only channel that he watches.
Robert Anderson 11:11:46 AM

Also, I am not interested in signing up for a 2 year contract, I'm on month to month service right now.
Robert Anderson 11:12:04 AM

Let me check again if I have any deal.
Sandesh 11:12:40 AM
Please stay connected.
Sandesh 11:15:08 AM
Will do. Thanks.
Robert Anderson 11:15:28 AM

Thanks for staying connected.
Sandesh 11:18:09 AM
Robert, I got option for you as you are our valuable customer I will add the Cartoon network channels in your package in $9.99 and this is for 12 months.
Sandesh 11:18:12 AM
And there is no contract to get that.
Sandesh 11:20:27 AM
Is that for an extra $9.99/month?
Robert Anderson 11:21:43 AM

on top of what I'm paying already?
Robert Anderson 11:22:07 AM

Yes, that is on your current package.
Sandesh 11:22:14 AM
So, my bill would still increase in price, for the same amount of channels that I had before? I also just learned that Food Network was taken away too.
Robert Anderson 11:22:50 AM

Yes there are some channels added in package and some are removed.
Sandesh 11:23:43 AM
Let me check if I can add more channels with Cartoon network in that $9.99
Sandesh 11:24:15 AM
So you will get max channels by paying $9.99 extra.
Sandesh 11:24:37 AM
The problem is that I'm on a budget, I don't have the extra $9.99 + tax, in my budget right now. Since I'm not on a contract, I'd prefer switching to a company who gives me the channel options and internet speed that I want (and had until Monday morning), for a fair price.
Robert Anderson 11:25:50 AM

Robert , I will add the $10 credit in your account so you will get the Cartoon network free for this months.
Sandesh 11:29:09 AM
And you can check for the any better in next month.
Sandesh 11:29:49 AM
Thanks Sandesh, but next month, will Comcast charge me if I don't cancel the service?
Robert Anderson 11:30:15 AM

Yes, I would request you to check for the plan after some days and you might get better deal.
Sandesh 11:31:05 AM
Now I will add that $9.99 cartoon network in your account with 220+ channels and $10 credit for this month.
Sandesh 11:32:14 AM
You can cancel that in next months or check for the better deal.
Sandesh 11:32:41 AM

Regular Visitor

Downgraded to internet-only last night because of this ridiculous channel change. As another user said, Comcast moved pretty much their only kid-friendly channels (Cartoon Network and Disney) to a higher tier and replaced them with BBC America and the Hallmark Mystery Channel. Who in their right mind thinks that's a suitable replacement?

I'm not paying more for channels I've had for years, especially as my bill has continually increased over the past couple years. My bill was already at a tipping point where I was considering downgrading, and the loss of Cartoon Network was the final straw. Downgraded to internet-only and will use streaming services, and I'll still come out ahead money-wise. Heck, I could buy episodes straight from Amazon every week and probably still save money. I cut the cord originally back around 2010, and the only reason I came back to cable is because Comcast begged me to. It's just as easy for me to go back to internet-only. Without Cartoon Network, I have no use for cable TV. 

In fact, I'll gladly pay twice as much for internet to a completely different provider, just to keep from giving Comcast money. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Just last night in trying to downgrade, <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">, given contradictory info, and generally treated like I was worthless. Sadly, they have <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> in my area. But perhaps a cell provider offers a 4G hot spot I can use at home. Time to start researching.

EDIT: Just to clarify for folks -- the things above that were removed for being "inflammatory" were not profanity. Comcast removed my truthful statementss about having <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">, and how they <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> on internet service in my area. Just in case you see that others have had their statements edited for being "inflammatory," keep in mind the words being edited are often <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Let's see how much of this edit get edited. Pathetic.

EDIT 2: Looking at their guidelines http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379 -- I don't see where it says I can't call out Comcast for shady reps. Does that fall under "insults"? Did I hurt the big corporation's feeling by "insulting" them when I said they did shady stuff? 

Contributor

Taking a channel out of existing tiers and not compensating us with an equivalent cartoon channel, nor lowering the cost of what we're paying for taking it away from us sure <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.

Our cable TV service has been downgraded by removing one of its most popular and watched channels and Comcast will not lower our costs to reflect that downgrade.

Very, very bad business by Comcast if you ask me. I don't understand how they can get away with that?

Also - I don't see any Cartoon Network streaming service options available. It looks like all you can get is the APP for a handful of free episodes, but much of the APP content is locked behind a Cable TV service login requirment. So, there's no real alternative other than to pay more money for something we already had.

New Poster

This can’t beSmiley Sad we went from having Nickelodeon (my son prefers because of Paw Patrol) on basic cable to having Disney and Cartoon Network. We adjusted to Cartoon Network because he loves Teen Titans and OK KO.... he hates Disney channel... kids stream is also a no go. What options are there now???
Regular Visitor

For all of of you out there looking for other options for cartoon network I believe I will be going downgrading to internet only and picking up a sling tv subscription the lowest tier with them is $20 a month and includes most everything we watch.
New Poster

Why, why, why would Comcast add BBC and pull Cartoon Network?  Why would I want UK channels?  This is beyond horrible.

New Poster

Why??????????? The children will have no cartoons to watch!!!!!!!!
New Poster

Just wanted to let you know that I think this is an incredibly poor business move: I plan on ending my subscription with Comcast tomorrow! And it doesn’t seem like I’m the only person...
New Poster

I am considering the same ... time to finally just switch to internet only and get a sling box. literally the only reason i pay for TV is to be able to play cartoon network in the background.

New Poster

So glad I'm getting rid of Comcast. Love the fact that the one channel I asked for (mind you I pay so much for like maybe 5 good channels) is now unavailable. 👍🏻
New Poster

I was told that Smithsonian Channel was one that was added, but Comcast can’t tell me what channel it is. How do I obtain that information? Comcast has not updated the lineup on the website to reflect the current changes. So frustrating.
New Poster

Bye bye Comcast. You will soon be receiving a cancellation notice. And no, we wont be back.
New Poster

After a pretty busy work week, I wake up, ready to unwind by catching some cartoons (like I typically do on Saturday mornings), and Cartoon Network is no longer “authorized”? I can’t believe CN is no longer part of basic cable. It’s been part of the basic cable plans since the 80’s. Over 30 years!! NOW I need to pay a higher plan to get the channel?

I’ve had some channels taken from the basic line up before, and most I learned to live without, but Cartoon Network was THE channel to catch cartoons. True, NICK has a few that can keep me entertained (Spongebob, Loud House), but CN was my main go-to channel for cartoons. Now it’s gone!

This is really upsetting! Sure, it’s probably Comcast’s idea to convince people to pay for higher plans, but most people paying for Basic are doing so because they think the plans are expensive enough as it is and they don’t WANT to pay for the higher tiers. I think removing CN is going to force a large portion of Basic subscribers away from using Comcast, rather than convince them to pay for a higher tier.

I know for me, I’m not going to pay for a higher tier, period. Truth be told, I won’t be tearing up the ads I keep getting in the mail for other services. Now I’ll be looking at them more intently. After being a cable subscriber for so many years, it might be time to move on. I don’t think I’m the only person that’s going to react this way.

This move may end up backfiring on Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

They removed Disney on us. That’s the only channel we watched consistently in our home. I got a fluffy answer too via chat and I told them you are <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. They have a bunch of <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. I am disgusted what companies will do to make a few extra bucks especially when cable <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> offer us very little option.
<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Frequent Visitor

The karma bus will get them all. Don’t wish it on the but it will happen.
Do you still have Disney?
New Poster

They took food network too. Am done with them
New Poster

Shame on you. You took away Food Network also. I will be canceling Comcast this week. Am done with you....
New Poster

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Solicitation">. They are...misguiding ( <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">)..us and I am done. Have a 79.99 special for triple play for Fios. Or will be just doing Internet. Done with comcast. See ya

New Poster

What about food network? That's gone too.
New Poster

I just called and cancelled my cable subscription. The associate that helped me asked why I was canceling, and I explained what pushed me to cancel was the loss of Cartoon Network. The associate explained, yes Cartoon Network was removed from basic, and it was due to the network (CN) raising their rate to Comcast. Pushing CN into a higher tier is their way of compensating for the higher rate to Comcast.

I've been a faithful cable subscriber for 20+ years. The associate that helped me cancel my subscription was extremely nice, and aside from the rising monthly rates, I've been fairly happy with Comcast. I'm sorry to go, but I guess it's time.

Thank you for the many years of service, Comcast!☺