Community Forum

Cant watch HBO after adding

New Poster

Cant watch HBO after adding

I added HBO to my cable plan today but when I try to watch it via my cable box it still tells me "Subscription Service" and is blank. I can watch it via streaming but I specifically got it through Xfinity so I could watch it on my TV without needing to stream it.

We were told when we called that it should be all set up and ready yet it isnt. I cant imagine it should be taking this long to get access to it. I've already tried resetting my cable boxes but still nothing

Official Employee

Re: Cant watch HBO after adding

Hello @wchase55, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I can imagine how frustrating it would be to add HBO to your account just to have it not work afterward, so I do apologize for that. I would be more than happy to further assist you with this HBO concern! In order to do so, can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Cant watch HBO after adding

@wchase55, Though I did not hear back from you in our private message, I'm happy I was able to determine what was causing this concern and fix it on my end. I will be locking this thread, but please send me a private message if you still need assistance with this HBO concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!