Community Forum

Cannot record PBS series

New Poster

Cannot record PBS series

Cannot set up series recording on PBS channels.  Have set recording option to new and repeats; have tried HD only, SD preferred and specific Chanel .  Message shows that recording has been set/ scheduled BUT system does not record the show nor does the guide show a red dot by the show.  Note that series recording works well for shows on other networks. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Cannot record PBS series

Can you give an example (title)

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Vera or The Coroner
Diamond Problem Solver

Looks like neither shows up on the schedule over the next 2 weeks.
Both are available On Demand, Vera needs an Acorn TV subscription.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Does you r answer mean that we cannot set a series for shows 2 weeks out.  And in our area we get Vera on the local pbs stations (tcptv)

Diamond Problem Solver

You can set it, it just won’t show up under scheduled recordings unless it’s on the guide. In my market, neither of your examples shows in the guide but can be scheduled for whenever they do.

New Poster

In our market vera is on tonight at 800pm and again at 200am tomorrow morning. It is on our channel 800 - which on the guide shows as pbshd and as tptl. I try to set series record and get message that recording is set BUT no red fit appears on the guide indicating recording set nor any indication in the schedule. I can set an individual recording for Vera BUT again cannot set series. In our market this is on our public networks and does not require acorn subscription. I have noticed other forum comments about problems setting series on pbs channels. So is this a Comcast problem ?
New Poster

One more point. In our market Vera is available OnDemand ONLY if you have acorn subscription
Diamond Problem Solver

It looks like you have Vera set on 3 different channels. 2, 800, 802 on different days. The easiest may be to delete Vera all together, go to the exact channel in the guide that you want to record from, find Vera, press record and try to set up a series recording from there

The Coroner shows series recordings set for both 800, 802. Try the same thing

New Poster

Why is the only answer here from xfinity employee but totally unhelpful???
Diamond Problem Solver

Six month old thread closed. Feel free to start a new thread with your own helpful details.