Community Forum

Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?

New Poster

Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?

I am a new xfinity/comcast customer.  The CMT channel is currently advertised as a basic channel, on a few different brochures that I recently received in the mail.  So, I was expecting to receive the CMT channel on the premiere package that I signed up for. I was told that I would get "all" of the channels. However, to my surprise, I do not receive this channel.

I am disappointed in Comcast/Xfinity and, I believe this is considered "FALSE advertisement" for new customers. I can not believe it is not included in the X1 Premier Triple Play Bundle.  I have HBO, Showtine, Cinemax & Starz in that bundle, but not CMT.

Just spoke to an agent and I was told, that in order to get that channel I would have to order a sports & entertainment package which it is part of and includes NFL, etc. Why is the CMT channel lumped in with the "Sports & Entertianment Package", anyways?  It is considered a "basic channel".  The cost for that package would be an additional $10.00 per month. 

Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?  

Regular Contributor

Re: Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?

"entertainment"

Expert

Re: Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?

@Hi_d wrote:

I am a new xfinity/comcast customer.  The CMT channel is currently advertised as a basic channel, on a few different brochures that I recently received in the mail.  So, I was expecting to receive the CMT channel on the premiere package that I signed up for. I was told that I would get "all" of the channels. However, to my surprise, I do not receive this channel.

I am disappointed in Comcast/Xfinity and, I believe this is considered "FALSE advertisement" for new customers. I can not believe it is not included in the X1 Premier Triple Play Bundle.  I have HBO, Showtine, Cinemax & Starz in that bundle, but not CMT.

Just spoke to an agent and I was told, that in order to get that channel I would have to order a sports & entertainment package which it is part of and includes NFL, etc. Why is the CMT channel lumped in with the "Sports & Entertianment Package", anyways?  It is considered a "basic channel".  The cost for that package would be an additional $10.00 per month. 

Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?  

There are two CMT channels.  Which one is the brochure saying is a basic channel?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.