Community Forum

Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?

New Poster

Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?

I am a new xfinity/comcast customer.  The CMT channel is currently advertised as a basic channel, on a few different brochures that I recently received in the mail.  So, I was expecting to receive the CMT channel on the premiere package that I signed up for. I was told that I would get "all" of the channels. However, to my surprise, I do not receive this channel.

I am disappointed in Comcast/Xfinity and, I believe this is considered "FALSE advertisement" for new customers. I can not believe it is not included in the X1 Premier Triple Play Bundle.  I have HBO, Showtine, Cinemax & Starz in that bundle, but not CMT.

Just spoke to an agent and I was told, that in order to get that channel I would have to order a sports & entertainment package which it is part of and includes NFL, etc. Why is the CMT channel lumped in with the "Sports & Entertianment Package", anyways?  It is considered a "basic channel".  The cost for that package would be an additional $10.00 per month. 

Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?  

Regular Contributor

Re: Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?

"entertainment"

Expert

Re: Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?

@Hi_d wrote:

I am a new xfinity/comcast customer.  The CMT channel is currently advertised as a basic channel, on a few different brochures that I recently received in the mail.  So, I was expecting to receive the CMT channel on the premiere package that I signed up for. I was told that I would get "all" of the channels. However, to my surprise, I do not receive this channel.

I am disappointed in Comcast/Xfinity and, I believe this is considered "FALSE advertisement" for new customers. I can not believe it is not included in the X1 Premier Triple Play Bundle.  I have HBO, Showtine, Cinemax & Starz in that bundle, but not CMT.

Just spoke to an agent and I was told, that in order to get that channel I would have to order a sports & entertainment package which it is part of and includes NFL, etc. Why is the CMT channel lumped in with the "Sports & Entertianment Package", anyways?  It is considered a "basic channel".  The cost for that package would be an additional $10.00 per month. 

Can you please bring CMT back to the basic channels?  

There are two CMT channels.  Which one is the brochure saying is a basic channel?

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!