Community Forum

Can I get my channel list online?

Regular Contributor

Can I get my channel list online?

Is there somewhere in Comcast or Xfinity online (still not sure what the difference is) where I can get a correct and current list of cable TV channels in my location?

Regular Visitor

Re: Can I get my channel list online?

go to xfinitytv.comcast.net >>> click on "On Your TV" >>> in the "TV Listings for xxxxx (zip code)" click change location >>> enter your zip hit enter then select your cable service.

Regular Contributor

Sorry, my question was imprecise.

What I really meant was: Is there a way to generate a printable channel list?

I know I can browse "what's on" and such, but what I really want is a 2 column list of channel numbers and names. (And not Comcast's cryptic abbreviations as displayed on the Guide.)

Silver Problem Solver

Try this link

http://www.comcast.com/programming/channellineup/all.html

Look for the link near the middle of the page that says View your local channel lineup. After entering your address and zip code to get your local channels the next page has a link near the upper right corner to print out the channel lineup

Silver Problem Solver

Also be aware that many times this listing is inaccurate. Just checked my local listings again and they have them messed up. Again.

If you have access to a local office stop in and see if they have a printed listing available.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, commanguy. That will be good enough.

The built-in printing option generates a 32-page PDF, most of which is table columns with dots in them depending on your TV package. I don't even know what Comcast calls my package. (I call it "expensive.")

But I was able to copy & paste the HTML table to Excel and get rid of the extraneous table junk, and I can sort by name as well as by number.

Gold Problem Solver

Alamo_Bob wrote: Is there somewhere in Comcast or Xfinity online (still not sure what the difference is) ...

The only difference is that "Xfinity" is a brand name Comcast began using a few years ago. You sometimes see it as "Xfinity by Comcast". Kind of like "Tide" is the brand name of a product made by Procter & Gamble.

Regular Contributor

BruceW wrote:
The only difference is that "Xfinity" is a brand name Comcast began using a few years ago. You sometimes see it as "Xfinity by Comcast". Kind of like "Tide" is the brand name of a product made by Procter & Gamble.

Yeah, funny how "Xfinity" appeared shortly after AT&T started using "Uverse".

Gold Problem Solver

Yep. Maybe they were suffering from "Uverse" and "Fios" envy.

One Good Thing about the introduction of "Xfinity": it got rid of that stupid "It's Comcastic!" slogan.