Community Forum

Cable Theft!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Cable Theft!

Please personal message ComcastLarry, see the post above yours from Larry.

New Poster

I am aware of someone that is stealing cable (and has been for nearly 30 years). She has been disconnected once, about a year ago or so, with warning that if she does it again it would result in enormous fines. She has since had it reconnected, paying someone $100 to do that for her. Her son brags to just about everyone about his mom stealing cable...how cool!!

The only problem is I am not sure if she has Comcast or AT&T. Is there a way someone could look into if she is in fact a customer of Comcast?

Thank you.

Diamond Problem Solver

Please send a PM - personal message to ComcastLarry with details.

New Poster

I have the same problem.  My next door neighbor has been stealing from my cable box for at least 3 years now.  I've reported it over and over to no avail. 

New Poster

I would like to report cable theft/sharing by my neighbors. I've called and emailed about this, but the BLATANT evidence is still there, a big black cable running out from under one door and into the other door next to it. This only started when the previous tenant moved out and my downstairs neighbor's mother moved in. I pay my bill, which is already substantial as it is, and it's not cool that this jerk can get away with this!

New Poster

I believe that someone broke into the cable box on my block and according to the constable, stole a backup battery that was in there.  He said that this has been happening all over the area.

Regular Visitor

On 4/20 2013, A man pulled up to my next door neighbors and started working under the house were there are 2 cables coming from the comcast box in the back yard. He was drilling up thru the floor to run the cables, They already have satellite dish for over a year.  would like to request a audit on the 2 outside boxes because over the last 2 years 3 people have been removed from these comcast boxes? I pay over 2300. a year keep getting Internet slowdowns and some times pixilation on the TV side. How can I get this reported. Comcast told me 2 and half years ago these boxes were going to be replace, it dos not look like this will ever happen!

New Poster

Good evening,

There's a unit in my condominium building that has a hideous long cable that hangs out about three feet into the courtyard ground. I am almost positive it's cable theft and it's dangerous. It's raining today and the cable is on the ground. 

I have photos if you want me to email them. I left a note on her door this morning at 6am, but the cable is still there and it's after 7:40pm. Please check this out as soon as possible.

Thank you

Diamond Problem Solver

These last two reports have been forwarded to the Comcast support team available to this forum.

They will get the right local people involved.

New Poster

I came home on April 17th 2013 to find my internet not working. Discovered my cable box open in backyard with tools laying by it. Followed cable which was above ground across length of lawn and through fence into neighbors yard. Contacted Xfinity who stated' "Mr Green no service was done to your property." So I called the Harris County Sherriffs department and reported that my property had been broken into as I have a 6ft privacy fence, locked. I then cut the cable, after photographing it. I called Xfinity who put me through to a cable theft answering machine. I left a message which was never returned. Called several times and was forwarded to a variety of comcast representatives who again stated no work was done on my property. Got verification from neighbor that comcast did attempt instalation because they did not have a box working in their yard so attempted to use mine. Completely unprofessional as well as dangerous not to inform customs you will scaling their fences when not at home and messing up their internet connection. Leaving their box open and tools lying around. Company refuses to take responsibility for their actions.

Regular Visitor

HEY LARRY I THING IS HAPPENING TO ME ALSO .UNDER MY ACCOUNT DEVICE  APPEAR TWO MOTOROLA sb5101 AND  ONE OF THOSE IS INCREASING  DATA USAGE EVERY DAY AND MY CONNECTION SPEED DECREES FROM 25 TO 15 CAUSE THIS ISSUE..  CAN YOU HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE THAT IS CAUSING A LOT A PROBLEMS IN MY PERSONAL NETWORK..

Regular Visitor

CAN YOU HELP SOLVE A POSSIBLE CABLE THEFT IN MY ACCOUNT

New Poster

I suspect my neighbor is stealing cable. She has mentioned before that she had a line set up and she isn't paying any cable bill. Is there anyway to confirm this? This is not fair to those of us paying premium costs to have this service if she indeed is stealing cable.

Diamond Problem Solver

@mimimommi wrote:

I suspect my neighbor is stealing cable. She has mentioned before that she had a line set up and she isn't paying any cable bill. Is there anyway to confirm this? This is not fair to those of us paying premium costs to have this service if she indeed is stealing cable.

Reach out to Comcast here with the details and they will contact the right local people to find out what's going on.

Many area's Comcast is encrypting all channels, and that helps prevent cable theft since a box is needed on all TV's.

Frequent Visitor

Since Comcast has gone to almost all scrambled-QAM, is there even a cable-theft department left at Comcast?

New Poster

Cable Theft!

Hi,

I dont know the name of one of my neighbors but I do think they are stealing cable.  They have a cable wire going directly from the cable box to second story window in the back yard.  They are constantly disconnecting and connecting it whenever they mow the lawn. 

It just looks wrong to me since that is not how it is done in this neighborhood and I pay for my cable and the bill is high enough without someone just stealing it and making matters worse for those who pay.

the address of the home is removed as per Forum Guidelines

New Poster

I am going through cable theft right now this Saturday I caught the guy up our pole trying to connect his cable using our service. I find this is not right and I really need help. I have called and scheduled appointments to still have no help or no one come out to fix this. Our service has been the pits since he got up there and messed everything up. We have confronted him and we want someone to come out and fix this because it is not right our service is acting up while he is sitting there using our service.

New Poster

My bill is outragiously high! I usually pay less than 200.00/mo. There are cable wires coming out of the apartment next door. Could someone be stealing my cable and ordering PPv and other things that go on my account?

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

If they are you can have them arrested!  Does your cable bill show additional charges on it that should not be there?

New Poster

Today I caught a comcast employee hooking up illegal cable at my neighbor's he split it off my line inside the box I called comcast and they flat out did not care I got the third degree   I gave them my address and account info  they ( Comcast) still has not  responded in any way..So with Comcast can I just paying my bill and get one of there crooked employees to come hook me up ...I even got the truck number he was driving , every time I look up comcast is raising prices and I stay but after this I will shop Verizon its really ashame that I tryed to report cable theft and I was mad to feel like I did somthing wrong hope they keep losing cutomers and money from crooked employees

Regular Visitor

Dear Comcast. this person and her mother is getting cable free (theft) the daughter owes Comcast around $400.00 and the mother around $200.00.  At present they had managed to get free cable ignoring their responsibilities in paying their back cable bills.  

Silver Problem Solver

mhelmbright59

You will need to call Comcast directly.

Despite the looks of this forum it is not a way to contact Comcast Customer Service. It is mainly a customer to customer help forum.

There are (were?) a few official employees that were on the forums, their usernames are in RED, but they don't see all the threads and usually are not on the forums on the weekends.

Best to contact your local office either in person or by snail mail. Locations can be found at this site

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/shop/retail/StoreLocator.html

Regular Visitor

I would like to see a photo of what a split cable looks like. My manager, who lives above me, told me he steals cable. I can hear him below me right now messing with stuff. There is nothing in this spot in the basement except my cable lines, so it makes me think he is stealing it.

But I don't want to call them all the time if its nothing--I have called before, you could see the wires going into his house, and they are gone now.

The cable service was just at my house working on wires, and now he is out there messing with them again.

He will know if its me who turned him in of course..

He has asked me for my password before, and I would not give it to him. Very uncomfortable...it really makes me mad to pay this much for cable and to have him leech off of me and the other neighbors.

New Poster

I know a guy who has been stilling cable for years. You need to contact me so I can give you his address. Thanks.

Expert
Moved:

This post was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

New Poster

I know one guy who is mostly stealing the cable from last few years. Please message me to get the address.

Valued Contributor

ss11,

I have sent you a message, when you get a moment please reply

Pete

Official Employee
Moved:

Removed post due to personal information being displayed. Matter is being looked into

New Poster

I also would like to report cable theft in my area. There is a 300ft coaxial cable running from the ground access to my neighbors window. Please contact me for more details!
Regular Visitor

sorry, put this in wrong place....

New Poster

I am also a victim of cable theft, they are splicing the cables through the wall/roof somehow, other tenants at my building have even admitted that the landlord used to have the whole building getting free cable, I have reported this to customer service over 3 times.It seems whoever is doing this knows my social and or phone number because they seem to be swapping the channels right befpre a technician is about to come out. I can download the logs and show you how many times I restart my modem and cable box and it says cannot contact server...This is not a coincidence and comcast would let me know if they were having problems, when I called, and they never were...I lost about a half month of cable/internet so far because of this. Also the guy next to me has a co ex cable running up from his celing to his TV, its obvious this whole ghetto dump I live in is all in on it, like I said 2-3 tenants blamed the landlord for giving them free WOW cable before I lived here, Ive had 2-3 technicians come out so far and cut ends of lines but the tenants are resplicing and the techs dont see where. I want these old lines cut down at my apartment building,and if I still have the problem I would like comcast to alert the FBI if possible.. Comcast said only one other person here gets cable and there is about 5-6 lines, most of what look like have been rebanded... Isn't this fraud? Comcast dosen't seem to take me seriously or something when I say they are splicing my stuff.

Regular Contributor

Can't do anything with just the cable splice, they need a programmed set top box or modem to make it work.

Regular Contributor

The FBI, for cable theft? Get real dude, they'd probably arrest you instead for that one.

New Poster

Is it not illegal for someone to get a cable box on their account and taken it to another adress that does not have a comcast account to use and get cable?

New Poster

I am quite sure one of my neighbors is stealing services
In my location there are only at best 15 channels available with only an antenna and channels such as My TV jacksonville is not one of them nor is WGN or ESPN etc.
Cable bills are expensive enough without someone cheating the system and getting services for free
The address in question is removed due to Forum Guidelines

There had been a paying customer in the residence over a year ago who moved out and either returned his equipment or took it and service to his new residence a few blocks away around the corner

This man living at address removed due to Forum Guidelines has been stealing services ever since .
Please check into this , and if nothing else come out and disconnect the cable from the pole

Official Employee

@fastgun357 wrote:

I am quite sure one of my neighbors is stealing services
In my location there are only at best 15 channels available with only an antenna and channels such as My TV jacksonville is not one of them nor is WGN or ESPN etc.
Cable bills are expensive enough without someone cheating the system and getting services for free
The address in question is removed due to Forum Guidelines

There had been a paying customer in the residence over a year ago who moved out and either returned his equipment or took it and service to his new residence a few blocks away around the corner

This man living at address removed due to Forum Guidelines has been stealing services ever since .
Please check into this , and if nothing else come out and disconnect the cable from the pole

Someone will be looking into this, thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have a neighbor that I am 99% sure is stealing service never seen a worker come to their house but they keep running their own cable wires from the cable box address is removed due to Forum Guidelines, Vancouver, wa 98664

Official Employee

@nwfinfan wrote:

I have a neighbor that I am 99% sure is stealing service never seen a worker come to their house but they keep running their own cable wires from the cable box address is removed due to Forum Guidelines, Vancouver, wa 98664

Someone will be looking into this, thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Moved to customer service forum for best visibility.