Community Forum

Cable Theft!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Cable Theft!

dunwoody

The Comcast Cares Team has been notifed of your post and will follow up with the local people.

New Poster

He isn't the renter, but a friend who sometimes stays there.  He's hooked his buddy up with cable.

Problem Solver

-

We are looking into this matter.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have a real good idea that my nieghbor is stealing cable.  There was a worker outside his house at around midnight with a flashlight hooking up the cable.  Now it is just laying on the ground outside,  not a real comcast quality job.  Contact me if you want the location of this violation.

Diamond Problem Solver

fourgun123

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your post and will contact the local group.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team ASAP.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Regular Visitor

How domI view the private message?

Diamond Problem Solver

There's an envelope at the top of this page, click on it.

env.JPG

New Poster

I feel as if someis sealing my cable. Tech was out 36 hours ago said my line was dsconnect at the tap. He reconnected all work fine for about 5 hours. Back out again go look and my was disconnected again another fed into tap and did not have the red tags on it. Having to wait 3 days for service again. That is not right.

Diamond Problem Solver

mirt, it is also possible that the tags on the drops are not tagged right or were switched, so if a tech comes out to disconnect a neighbor, they are disconnecting the wrong subscriber.

The Comcast Cares team has been notified and will contact the local people to get it straightened out.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team ASAP.

New Poster

It was confirmed that 3666 Glenda street Lot 3  does not have cable service and according to customer service that my cable show it is working I have pictures to document my line. Comcast is commming out in the morning but what am I  going to do if this happens again wait another 5 days without service.

Problem Solver

Please make us aware of this issue and we will escalate so there isn't a five day waiting period.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
New Poster

Larry,

Why doesn't  anyone want to move in and help on this issue. The guy is stealing cable no doubt. I ought to cancel my service and get my cable for free. Comcast is so big that they dont care. Contact me at mthom94@comcast.net if you really want to do something.

Mike

New Poster

Have I got a story to tell ALL of you.  Comcast has been told many times and has been to my house (a condo) many times.  They even said I need to be rewired but yet nothing seems to get done.

There is a couple that live under my unit.  They used to use a splitter from the hub in the basement to split my cable then after three times yes three Comcast finally cut the wire so close to the ceiling they can no longer do that so what do they do?  Are you all ready for this... They cut into the wall and cut into my wire.  Comcast has been out here about three times and agree with me and even knocked on her door.  I have put signs up in the lobby and called the Theift Line so many times it is actually a contact on my phone.  STILL NOTHING.  Is this NOT a crime?    Comcast has said they would like to rewire me and have called their supervisor many times and said they need to get the wire guy out here etc yet NOTHING.  I canot tell you how many cable guys have given me their number and never pick up the phone. Meanwhile I pay 200 a month and get half my sations (cause when they split I loose signal strength)  When does someone help someone like me? 

Gold Problem Solver

ST, don't bother calling Comcast about your situation. It's clear it hasn't worked for you.

Instead do this:

You can check here

You will not hear from a team member. One of them will contact the right person in your area and that person will call you.

Please post back if you do not hear from someone by the middle of next week. It generally does not take long to get resolution when the we_can_help team gets involved.

New Poster

Ok I did what you said now we will see if this gets me anywhere!

Problem Solver

New Poster

I really don't care anymore, i've been a paying customer and have disconnected my services, i never want to do business with comcast again.

I've reported the residents in my house and the landlord for a while, they have  a crackhead of a maintence man who breaks into the box and runs lines into my place, i've called three times.

according to my sources someone has out and out committed the worst type of fraud on my acocunt, i've scheduled appointments to have these indviduals who are stealing my cable and using direct tv boxes to get free cable on a line THAT i pay over 900.00 a year for none of these deadbeats work, they sit in that house complain all day.

a resident before me which launched the same complaint and moved out. the only way to get these freaks out of my pockets was to disconnect the service. apparently when i schedule appointments there is a lady calling ON MY ACCOUNT VERIFYING MY INFORMATION CANCELLING THE APPOINTMENTS. so i just shut it off. i'm going with netflix.

you should have this address flagged as fraudulent and no one should ever recieve services here again. apparently three residents have large past due balances with comcast and can't get their own.

Diamond Problem Solver

dsangelique

The Comcast Cares Team has been made aware of your post. 

New Poster

I know someone is stealing cable at 1727 meadowood court in Edgewood MD 21040 I am 100% sure because they tried to get money from me to buy another box I did not think it should continue after all I pay so should she also I was there when she brought the box and then he went outside and hooked her up to one of her neighbors all done in 20 min free cable for long as she lives there for 100 dollars I let het know it was wrong she stated I lived here 3 years and every time they turn me of I get it turned back on please stop her it's so wrong not having to pay one bill for over three years
Diamond Problem Solver

hjack

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will contact the local group to investigate.

Watch this post and your email for a response from the team.

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Regular Visitor

Are you kidding me!!! Its been months since I reported this.  I really don't think Comcast minds poeple stealing the service as long as enough people (like me) pay for the services they recieve.

WHATEVER COMCAST!!!!!!!

New Poster

Someone just moved into our neighborhood and has ran a cable wire to have cable TV from one of our boxes in the yard. His person just moved in Friday Why did they not have things connected prior to moving in? How to report it

Thanks

Diamond Problem Solver

dash2012

Please report any suspicious activity to the Comcast Cares team at we_can_help@comcast.com email.

Contributor

Hmm - I posted to this thread a month or so ago about third party cable installers (claiming they worked for Comcast) hopping the fence in the back yard - not even a courtesy knock on the front door.  My dogs almost ate them.

Now the post I put here is gone?  What is happening to my posts?  Someone from Comcast taking them out?

Diamond Problem Solver

This thread is about cable theft only.  Your comment was about the installer climbing over the fence, not  anything to do with cable theft.

Contributor

A couple guys hopped the fence into the back yard- no Comcast insignia - digging into our yard unannounced.

That has nothing to do with cable theft?

Diamond Problem Solver

No, you should be posting in the customer service forum, or calling the police.

New Poster

I believe my neighbor that just moved next door to me is stealing cable not really sure it made me think this because there is a really long black cord running from their house to the ground cable box that is outside. I pay 230$ for my service here and they should be paying too instead of mooching off of others how do i go about taking care of this.

Diamond Problem Solver

The Comcast administrator on this forum has been notified of your post and will contact the local group.

Problem Solver

New Poster

Re: Cable Theft! PEOPLE ARE STEALING CABLE IN MY BUILDING PLEASE HELP

I AM A COMCAST CUSTOMER AND HAVE BEEN FOR SOME TIME NOW. I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM SINCE LAST YEAR ,AND I REALLY DON'T THINK IT HAS BEEN ADDRESSED YET. PEOPLE ARE STEALING CABLE IN THE BUILDING I LIVE IN. I PAY TO MUCH FOR MY SERVICES FOR PEOPLE TO BE TAMPERING WITH MY SERVICE. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE COME OUT AND INVESTIGATE THIS MATTER, BECAUSE MY SERVICE KEEPS MESSING UP. MY TELEPHONE REALLY STAYS UP STREAM. PLEASE HELP REALLY BECAUSE THE PEOPLE ARE BREAKING THE LOCKS OFF AND I HAVE PROOF OF THIS. SO PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Cable Theft! PEOPLE ARE STEALING CABLE IN MY BUILDING PLEASE HELP

The Comcast Administrator on this forum has been notified and will notify the local group.

Watch this post and your email in case they need more information.

New Poster

cable theft

I would like to report cable theft, How would I go about it, thanks

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: cable theft

I've let the administrator know of your post and he will contact the local group to get details from you.

New Poster

My landlord told us she's never paid for cable. How can I report her without her knowing it was me. It would be awkward, as we live in the same building.

Diamond Problem Solver

The reports are confidential, I'll notify our administrator.

Frequent Visitor

I would also like to report a possible cable theft or at least wiring safety hazard - please advise whom should I e-mail about this?

Thank you

Diamond Problem Solver

Your are welcome to try here with your concerns.

I have notified the administrator on the forum of you post.

New Poster

illegal cable

I called Comcast to report an illegal hook up  but it aappears that that is impossible. I finally gave up and hung up. I was doing it for revenge but I guess it's easier just to forgive the person.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: illegal cable

The Comcast administrator available to the forum has been notified of your post and will contact the local people. 

New Poster

Illegal Internet - Theft Via Wi-Fi

We have reason to believe that 707 W. Sheridan Road, Chicago, IL is re-broadcasting Comcast Internet in violation of your terms and conditions, in essence stealing your Internet for its 100+ apartment units.  As you state in your terms and conditions, you are not allowed to purchase a Comcast business class connection, then re-broadcast it wirelessly (wi-fi) to all the apartments.  To ensure a fair playing field, we would appreciate that you enforce the theft of Internet in the same manner that you enforce the theft of cable.

The Comcast Business Services and Commercial High-Speed Internet Acceptable Use Policy has been revised to clarify the following:

• The Service cannot be resold or otherwise made available to anyone on the Premises or outside the Premises (i.e. wi-fi, "hotspots", or other methods of networking), directly or indirectly, unless done with Comcast’s written approval in accordance with an applicable Service plan.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Illegal Internet - Theft Via Wi-Fi

I_T

I've notified our Administrator of your post and he will contact Chgo Business sales to get the lowdown on what their contract says.

New Poster

The Holiday Inn Danbury has wired their common area televisions (bar, restaurant, and lobby) by diverting the Comcast service feeding the guest rooms.  I am under the impression that one is supposed to pay an extra fee for these services.

The address is 80 Newtown Rd · Danbury , Connecticut

Problem Solver

Everyone-

As Jay stated he contacted me about all your issues. To better streamline this process and for those still having issues with cable theft, please send me a private message and I will have the local area investigate all claims.

New Poster

I'm not sure that I understand.  Do I need to contact you separately regarding cable theft at Holiday Inn Danbury?  If so, how does one send a private email?

Diamond Problem Solver

Click on ComcastLarry's name in red, and in his profile there is a place to send a private message over on the right side in blue.  Send Larry as much detail as possible.

Problem Solver

Anyone having claims of cable theft, please send me a Private Message with as much detail and account information.

Private Messages (PM’s)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

New Poster

PM Sent to Larry.