Community Forum

COZI tv

New Poster

COZI tv

Does anyone know what happened to the lineup on COZI tv and why we now have JIMMY SWAGGART? I personally don't know many people who watched shows like The Munsters, Ateam, Hart to Hart and Knight Rider, etc but I loved this channel and was caught completely off guard by the changes overnite.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: COZI tv

COZI TV is a broadcast network carried by one of your local TV stations. They may have dropped it to carry other programming. Comcast just passes on what they air.

Visitor

I was just trying to figure that out also. I love watching the old shows better than the new ones on now. It would have been nice if Comcast told us
Official Employee

shannon1016 wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the lineup on COZI tv and why we now have JIMMY SWAGGART? I personally don't know many people who watched shows like The Munsters, Ateam, Hart to Hart and Knight Rider, etc but I loved this channel and was caught completely off guard by the changes overnite.

On June 1, 2016, the content programming on the COZI TV WMFP channel has changed to SonLife Broadcasting Network (SBN). They will no longer be offering COZI on any of their multicast channels.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

shannon1016 wrote:

I noticed also that you called in about the internet not working. Have a tech out if you're still having issues, the modem itself is far out of spec.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

very disappointed in Comcast for dropping Cozi tv for SBN a religious station.... love the oldies don't want religion

Tags (1)
Visitor

don't really understand cause WMFP DT1 62.1 is now SBN but WMFP DT2 62.2 is COZI tv why can't we have that????? 

Official Employee

beclev wrote:

very disappointed in Comcast for dropping Cozi tv for SBN a religious station.... love the oldies don't want religion

Programming decisions made by WMFP are not within Comcast's control. If you have any questions concerning the change, please reach out to the station.

Silver Problem Solver

It's likely WMFP has no real agreement with Comcast. Under must-carry rules, Comcast is only obligated to carry ONE channel, as long as WMFP doesn't demand payment. WMFP would need to come to some deal with Comcast to carry more.

New Poster

Did you try to reach out to the station? I did try but got shut down with "that is our new programming and there will be no change in be foreseeable future". I just hoped if enough people complained maybe they would choose the alternate one.
Visitor

send complaints re scheduling change to:

Steve Marra – Operations Manager

wmfp@comcast.net

Station address:

11 Lakeland Park Drive

Peabody, MA 01960

Station Phone:

978-717-5633

If enough complaints maybe rethink decision

New Poster

tnks for nothing. You really shut a great cozi,tnks again for nothing

Gold Problem Solver

mom23pops29 wrote:

tnks for nothing. You really shut a great cozi,tnks again for nothing

If the network station serving your area decided to drop it and switch to a different substation there is nothing Comcast or any other TV provider in your area can do to get it back.

Cozi is only 1 of many "subchannels" which a local market station can choose to carry as a substation.

It is not a national broadcast network.

If the station dropped it, no one within the stations viewing area will get Cozi, no matter who their TV provider is.

Frequent Visitor

Cozi TV was moved to WNEU-TV on over the air channel 60-3.  WNEU, in southern New Hampshire, is part of the Boston TV market and Comcast already carries 60-1 .

Cozi TV and WNEU-TV are both owned by Comcast / NBC - Universal.  Because of the common ownership, there will be no retransmission-consent issues.  Almost certainly, when this change becomes known to upper management, 60-3 will be added to Boston-area Comcast systems.

New Poster

I hope this happens soon.  WNEU is still broadcasting Univision TV on cable.

New Poster

The station phone number has a recording regarding the dropping of COZI-TV.  Hopefully that means that they have been receiving numerous calls and complaints about the change.  You can still leave a recorded message after their recorded message plays.

Silver Problem Solver

If you look at the Wikipedia page for WNEU, there is major situation going on. NBCUniversal wants to move the NBC network to it, but there are claims of it breaking some of the agreements imposed on the merger of Comcast and NBCUniversal. That may hold up any carriage of the new 60.3 as they are busy with that. Also, being a 'new' signal, it may take awhile. Just because a station is owned by Comcast doesn't automatically mean they will add carriage. Each station often still has it's own profit/loss to handle, and there are also laws and other agreements involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WNEU

Frequent Visitor

True, but in this case, 2 Comcast / NBC Universal divisions, Cozi & WNEU, worked together to move Cozi to 60-3, where it is now.  Whether they pulled the affiliation from WMFP, or WMFP dropped Cozi, isn't public.  Cozi now is not seen on cable in the Boston area, which has to affect the bottom line.  Therefore, since Comcast cable systems in the area already carry 60-1 & 60-2, adding 60-3 technically would be easy and seems quite likely.  Comcast (cable) and WNEU would not be apt to get into a retransmission fight...

Silver Problem Solver

One issue is that they cannot appear to show favoritism to themeslves over other cable/satellite services.

New Poster

I am very disappointed Comcast dropped Cozi tv. Loved the old shows, especially Lassie and my favorite martian
New Poster

Instead they put all these stations on that are not approximate for most audiences. Especially times of the day when children are up!
Frequent Visitor

Comcast has announced they will be adding Cozi TV in the Boston area on Ch 935 on December 1.  This will be a subchannel of the new WBTS which is a repeater of WNEU. 

Frequent Visitor

They did add Cozi on 935 today. They also added WBTS, the new Boston NBC station (to be NBC as of January 1) on 810.

New Poster

I want to thank xfinity/comcast for getting cozitv back on here in the Boston area. It had been awhile since i googled about when/where until today and it really made my day. While the new programming schedule (its new to me) is missing a couple of the old shows I was watching in March I couldnt be more thrilled to finally be watching the channel again. The ID channel was getting depressing...lol.

THANKS AGAIN!

New Poster

What happened to Cozi tv channel. I hear it was replaced by a conservative religious program. Ugh.

Silver Problem Solver

Queenie131 wrote:

What happened to Cozi tv channel. I hear it was replaced by a conservative religious program. Ugh.

Where are you located? As probably mentioned, Cozi is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. Comcast just passes on what is aired. If the station changes affiliations, then what Comcast passes on will change, too.

New Poster

As of Febuary 10, 2018, COZI tv is on Xfinity Comcast channel 312 KPTVC, Portland Oregon.