Community Forum

COZI TV (Chicago area)

Frequent Visitor

COZI TV (Chicago area)

Why was channel 341. COZI TV, removed from the TV listings?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: COZI TV

Where are you located? Here in the Chicago area (NW suburbs), 341 is Cozi, and it's still in my guide. If you are further away from Chicago, it's possible it was pulled due to market area restrictions, especially if another station near you is now carrying it. Or if the same channel number is just a coincidence, your local station may no longer carry it.

For reference, Cozi is a broadcast network, and a local station must carry it, then have an agreement with Comcast to pass it on.

Frequent Visitor

I'm in Des Plaines and 341 has been on my Comcast channel guide for as long as the station was available.  It was there yesterday, but I see that it is now there today even when I change from favorites to all channels where I need to select channels I want to see on my favorites listing.  Guess this is something Comcast needs to answer.

Official Employee

judy1angel wrote:

I'm in Des Plaines and 341 has been on my Comcast channel guide for as long as the station was available.  It was there yesterday, but I see that it is now there today even when I change from favorites to all channels where I need to select channels I want to see on my favorites listing.  Guess this is something Comcast needs to answer.

Apologies. I am also showing that Cozi from WMAQ-TV is available in your area on channel 341. 

Below shows how to add a channel to your Favorites: 

Using the silver Comcast remote control, press the red Menu button twice.

Select Setup, Press OK/Select, then select Favorites List Setup and press OK/Select

Select the named Favorites List that you would like to edit. There may be one or more Favorites Lists that you have set up.

Arrow down to and select the heart icon at the bottom of the screen. Press OK/Select.

This should bring up a list of channels (your entire channel lineup) You can sort the list to display by name or by channel number by using the right or left arrows.

The channels that you have already selected as a part of this Favorites list will have a heart icon to the right of the channel name. Pressing the OK/Select button on the remote control acts as a toggle and will either turn the heart icon on (adding that channel to this favorites list) or remove the heart icon (removing that channel from this favorites list).

If you see the heart, the channel is on the favorites list. If you don't see the heart, it's not on the favorites list.

When you are finished adding and deleting channels from the favorites list, arrow down to the check mark box at the bottom of the screen to "Confirm favorite channel settings", Press OK/Select on the silver Comcast remote control and that should save any changes.

Let me know if that works. Thanks

Official Employee
Frequent Visitor

Listing is now being shown but most of the time no programs are listed.  This is crazy as when I look at the listings on TV, the programs are listed.  In fact, there are a lot of stations have TBD stated.  That makes no since.

Official Employee

judy1angel wrote:

Listing is now being shown but most of the time no programs are listed.  This is crazy as when I look at the listings on TV, the programs are listed.  In fact, there are a lot of stations have TBD stated.  That makes no since.

Apologies. Where exactly are you seeing the TBD message? Are you seeing this online, on your mobile device via one of our apps? Which app?

Are you seeing this for Cozi TV listings? What other channels are you seeing this message on?

Thanks for any additional information that you are able to provide. 

New Poster

judy1angel wrote:

Judy, I know this is "off topic" but since you mentioned it here I chose to offer what I've discovered about this for you.

I'm not sure where you are located but here in the Boston, Mass. Comcast region we seem to be forever loosing their signal especially late night early AM (at least here in the Lowell, Mass area). I am located as far away as possible from Comcast's transmission center and am constantly seeing both of my high cost rental boxes recycling. Every time the cable system causes this the on-line channel listings are the last thing to reprogram and display "TBD" until the system has reprogrammed their listings. You can still click on the channel and it will connect you to it.  I hope this helps.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast: I was seeing TBD on several stations.  This is on the on-line listing, but not of late.  

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your imput, Bob.  I now know why I can hit the refresh button and all of a sudden the listings appear.  Hope things improve for you in the Boston area.  I'm in Des Plaines, IL, just north of Chicago, but the Comcast transmitter is very close by.  Lately, I've not had that problem.

Good luck to you.

Frequent Visitor

Guess what? Channel 341 is not on the listing at all -- not even in the listing to select favorite channels.  I've opened the Comcast TV Shows Listing several times this AM and not once was I able to see it.  Again Comcast, what is going on?

Silver Problem Solver

Is this happening on your box itself, or the online TV Guide? It does sound like the online guide has been glitchy since the recent changes allowing you to watch TV on your computer.

Frequent Visitor

Problem is on the on-line Comcast TV Show Listing.  Later in the day yesterday, the channel was showing.  At least, so far today, it is there as well.  

FYI -- the listing on the box, has all channels showing.  Trouble is, around 8:30 pm, it has been showing "To Be Announced" for about 1/2 hour.  That makes no sense!  What is wrong Comcast?  

I do not watch tv shows on my computer.

Official Employee

judy1angel wrote:

Problem is on the on-line Comcast TV Show Listing.  Later in the day yesterday, the channel was showing.  At least, so far today, it is there as well.  

FYI -- the listing on the box, has all channels showing.  Trouble is, around 8:30 pm, it has been showing "To Be Announced" for about 1/2 hour.  That makes no sense!  What is wrong Comcast?  

I do not watch tv shows on my computer.

Thanks for the additional information and feedback. 

- For the online TV listings, it sounds as though that is now working and that you are seeing listings for Ch. 341. 

- For the TV listings showing on your TV, it sounds like that is not yet resolved and that you are or were seeing To Be Announced. Are you still having an issue with the guide on your TV? Is this on a single channel or multiple channels? Which ones? 

- Also, in reviewing your account, I can see that you have two Motorola DCT 2000 cable boxes. I've asked our Chicago area team to contact you about swapping those out for something newer at no additional charge. That should also provide you with a better experience and access to "more days out" of guide listings on he cable box. 

Please correct what I have above or provide any additional information if you are able. Thanks again.

New Poster

Re: COZI TV (Chicago area)

Does Comcast Cozi TV channel 341 allow you to see Rockford IceHogs games? I noticed that Cozi carries the games but I never see them on the guide as coming up to watch. I’m sure the Rockford area gets the games but does the achicaoland area? Thanks Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Re: COZI TV (Chicago area)

HawksGuy8586 wrote:

Does Comcast Cozi TV channel 341 allow you to see Rockford IceHogs games? I noticed that Cozi carries the games but I never see them on the guide as coming up to watch. I’m sure the Rockford area gets the games but does the achicaoland area? Thanks Smiley Happy

Apologies. Looks like only in Rockford, Freeport and Rochelle via WIFR-TV in Rockford, IL. 

http://www.icehogs.com/multimedia/wheretowatch/

Official Employee