Community Forum

COZI TV Boston being broadcast in wrong aspect ratio

Frequent Visitor

COZI TV Boston being broadcast in wrong aspect ratio

In Gloucester MA, COZI TV (Xfinity channel 935) is being broadcast in the wrong aspect ratio.

Comcast is getting a 16:9 signal from COZI, but they're broadcasting it as if it was a 4:3 signal.  The result is that 16:9 commercials are squished to 4:3, and old native 4:3 programs (like Bionic Woman right now, for instance) are  being squished to a ridiculously thin picture.  

It's been like this for a couple weeks now.  

20180812_185709.jpg
Expert

Re: COZI TV Boston being broadcast in wrong aspect ratio

You might check with your local station. It is quite possible they might have changed resolution for that channel.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

This seems to be status quo for a number of SD channels on Xfinity.  Another example I can think of is Hallmark (SD).  I think Xfinity just hasn't figured out how to configure these channels properly.

Frequent Visitor

I tend to watch COZI more, but now that you mention it, I have seen this issue occasionally on other SD channels as well.  

A couple years ago I went through this when MEtv was being broadcast incorrectly, and I contacted the local affiliate and Comcast---Comcast said it was the local affiliates fault, and the local affilliate said it was a problem with Comcast's equipment, as I recall---but they did eventually work it out.

Contributor

Been like this for months in Boston. Unwatchable. Sent many emails..got generic responses. Emailed Cozi...no response.