Community Forum

COMCAST may drop STARZ....

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

COMCAST may drop STARZ....

New Poster

Re: COMCAST may drop STARZ....

If they drop Starz I'll probably drop the TV portion of my bundle.  I love outlander and that's the ONLY reason we have kept the TV portion of it.  If that does happen, I'll be subscribing to the Starz thing and given less to comcast.  

@threecount wrote:

This would be a huge mistake....

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/comcast-drop-starz-end-2019-1202170060/

Regular Contributor

Paying for STARZ independently is already cheaper than subsribing through Comcast, and you get more channels and the app. Comcast is making a big mistake getting rid of just the subchannels, even if they end of keeping the main channel. Many will just drop STARZ and get it another way.

Frequent Visitor

Does that mean they drop it entirely or put it into an extra "package" which you pay extra for like they did with Cinemax and TCM? There needs to be more competition among television providers or something that will bring the prices down and increase the choices they offer. As it is, we pay for many, many channels we never watch, and the ones we DO like, get made "extra" so you have to pay an additional fee for.  I'd like to dump about a hundred channels I don't want and get some of these "extra" channels in their place. 

New Poster

Comcast is dropping Starz from program packages: replacing with Epix; and offering Starz for an additional fee of $12 if you really wanted it. I’m considering a new provider, such as FIOS, where I can customize my TV package and have Starz at a lower overall cost. TV, internet and shouldn’t cost over$200 per month and still can’t see all the channels you desire.