Community Forum

CNN International

New Poster

CNN International

What happened to this channel?

New Poster

Re: CNN International

I have the same question. It was still there on Monday.

New Poster

Here in Atlanta, it was on at @4:15 pm on Tuesday. I went to a meeting, and when I got back at 6:15, it was gone. I want it back!

Contributor

I have the same question.  I am in Memphis and CNN International has disappeared.  Where in the devil has it gone?  Does it have to do with the Comcast buyout of Sky News?  I sure hope Comcast will provide an answer.

New Poster

CNN International, channel 206 has disappeared from channel listing. If I try to tune in, it jumps to channel 209. What happened?
Expert

This was mentioned on your August bill.  "Effective October 9th, 2018, CNN International will no longer be available on Xfinity TV."

Reading the notes on your bill every months is always a good idea.  Smiley Wink

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello everyone! @Again is correct. As of October 9th CNN International was removed from our lineup. We inform customers of these kinds of changes in their bills at least 30 days in advance, so you would have seen it at the bottom of your August bill. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

What has been replaced CNN INternational?

Official Employee

Hello, Myavorites. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

No new channels were added to our lineup on October 9th.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

So not discount for cutting programming?

Official Employee

Myavorites - 

Channel lineups are always subject to change, I apologize for the inconvenience. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

If you're looking to lower the monthly bill, I would be happy to take a look at new promotions with you. Please send me a PM with your first and last name if you'd like to continue. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

New Poster

That’s bad! That was the only news channel I watched. Can we petition this coz clearly a good number of your customers here are unhappy about this development
Official Employee

@Simbachipo

I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about CNN International. We examine channel lineups often to offer the best content available.

Contributor

re: CNN International.

Official Employee

Yes, I would certainly like for the programmers at Comcast to bring back CNN International to Memphis.  I watched that channel (218 in Memphis) for several hours EVERY day.

Thanks,

Dennis

Official Employee

@dennis427

This was something decided by the Network, not by our programmers but I will pass along your feedback. 

New Poster

Yes, please bring back CNN International. Would be nice if customers had a say in the programming they pay significant amounts of money for.

New Poster

I agree! We pay quite a bit of folding money to Xfinity not to have at least a vote on our channel package! I mean first The Weather Channel and now CNN International? I love to see what's happening on the other side of the world. Love seeing new cultures and perspectives. Geesh man what a jip!
New Poster

I agree! We pay quite a bit of folding money to Xfinity not to have at least a vote on our channel package! I mean first The Weather Channel and now CNN International? I love to see what's happening on the other side of the world. Love seeing new cultures and perspectives. Geesh man what a jip!
Official Employee

Hello Myavorites and MrBigR504. Thank you for posting on our Forum. We will gladly pass along your feedback request for CNN International. Thank you.