Community Forum

CMT IS NOT SPORTS!!

New Poster

CMT IS NOT SPORTS!!

Why in the world would Xfinity include Country MUSIC Television with a sports package? It’s a music channel not a sports channel. Ok so they air NASCAR, but it is mostly music videos, music awards shows, movies, and sitcoms. I love Xfinity and all it has to offer, but this is making me want to switch to something else. I watched CMT all the time. But now, because I don’t like sports, I don’t get to watch one of my favorite channels. I already pay for all the movie channels, I shouldn’t have to add a sports package in order to watch one MUSIC channel. When will this channel come out of that package and back to my line up?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: CMT IS NOT SPORTS!!

The full name of the package is "Sports AND Entertainment".

Contributor

CMT has NOTHING to do with sports and Comcast knows it.  They're trying to make you think it does by calling the package "Sports and Entertainment".  Based on the channel line-up posted recently by ComcastTeds, several of the sports networks are already part of other tiers and many can be viewed on 2 or 3 different channels.  So, it looks like a lot.  Even if you count each sport channel only once, and include TCM, CMT, Discovery, and Military History (calling history "entertainment" is a stretch), the package is still about 75-80% sports. 

Moving these channels around is just a way to charge customers more for the channels they WANT in addition to all the miscellaneous channels they already have, but don't watch. 

Regular Contributor

it has ALWAYS been called Sports and entertainment.

Highlighted
Contributor

@billmich88888 wrote:

Really, even before "entertainment" channels were added to it?  If that's the case, it just shows

how manipulative Comcast really is with their marketing.  The package is a rip-off for anyone

who already has the Digital Preferred tier or doesn't watch sports.

Regular Contributor

@baz123 wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

Really, even before "entertainment" channels were added to it?  If that's the case, it just shows

how manipulative Comcast really is with their marketing.  The package is a rip-off for anyone

who already has the Digital Preferred tier or doesn't watch sports.

it has ALWAYS contained "non-sports" channels....