Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Bring Sprout Back!

New Poster

Bring Sprout Back!

Today I received a very upsetting text from my mother saying that Sprout channel is gone. Wth Comcast!? This was the only channel I know my toddler can watch without me worrying. This was a great station with fun shows that I even enjoyed as an adult. Please bring sprout back.
Contributor

Re: Bring Sprout Back!

Here is a message from Ted, an official staff member.

"Sprout has been rebranded as Universal Kids

On September 9, the TV network formerly known as Sprout was rebranded as Universal Kids.

Universal Kids is the 24-hour, preschool age TV channel that parents and kids can share together. The channel is home to trusted favorites like Sesame Street and Barney & Friends, plus innovative original series like The Sunny Side Up Show and The Good Night Show. From morning to night, parents and kids can enjoy everything from singing and dancing to birthday wishes and bedtime stories.

Universal Kids live and On Demand programming is included with the XFINITY TV Digital Starter level of service and above. It is available on XFINITY X1 and non-X1 TV boxes as well as the XFINITY Stream portal and app for mobiles devices. In addition, Universal Kids is available via TV Everywhere online at universalkids.com and the Universal Kids mobile app."

Link to Original

New Poster

I just turned my TV to the "sprout" channel and there was a show on that I would not let my 1 year old watch ( nowhere boys ). Doesn't look 1 year old friendly. that was the only channel she would watch to go to sleep. Please bring back the original sprout channel
New Poster

I completely agree! I need them to bring back sprout! We do not watch the Disney channel in the afternoon because they have programs for older children and now we're left with nothing! They say that you can download the app and have your kids watch it in your device but most shows that we loved are not available pm the app too.... very sad what's happened.... the kids really miss it and are frightened by shows called the deep.... wth man
New Poster

Totally agreed! Sprout and football were the only two reasons we kept cable. They just got rid of Last Man Standing-not Sprout? We're not watching NFL until the politics are gone and it's good old fashioned football again and now Sprout had become a Disney XD-totally NOT a preschool lineup. Time to cancel completely and stick w Netflix and Youtube. Sad we have to rely on ourselves to search for quality shows online. And they wonder why everyone's cutting the cord?!!!
New Poster

Seriously Smiley Sad. My 4 year old has nothing to watch her quote “why’s it gone? There’s only adult shows now?” Come on why isn’t there a show for preschoolers!!!!
New Poster

Sad...they have enough dumb channels for kids that age...Sprout was part of the reason I went with xfinity....lame
Frequent Visitor

they renamed the channel

New Poster

Babygirlsomber wrote:

they renamed the channel

Since you took the time to post I thought I would point out that changing most of the programming is more then just 'renaming' the channel.

New Poster

Hey Ted - check again you changed our whole channel! The new format is horrible, it's just another channel like Nick that my preschooler doesn't like plus i don't approve of many of the shows.

We like Chicka and the sunny side up show. Sprout was the ONLY show i could let my child watch anytime and the programs were good and educational. Seriously if we wanted another channel like Nick, Nick Jr., Disney, Disney Jr., we could use them to those channels. Sprout was totally different and just right for my kids, PLEASE Please switch it back. Mom's all over beg you for our kids TV back... and kids all over want Chicka Birthdays Sunny's & Goodnight moon on their TVs. :-)