Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Bring Back Investigation Discovery

New Poster

Bring Back Investigation Discovery

Does anyone know where I can put in a formal complaint? They took away the only channel I watch, but didn’t lower the price. I want Discovery ID back!!!
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Bring Back Investigation Discovery

Is the channel completely removed from the guide, or is it just giving an error? I haven't heard anything about Investigation Discovery (ID) being removed from Comcast.

Official Employee

It’s found on SD ch 252 and HD ch 909. What do you see there?
New Poster

I don’t get it anymore either. What’s going on?
New Poster

What happened to Investgation Discovery on demand? I watched a few shows today, I paused a show to put my daughter to bed & now i get an error that says it’s not a part of my subscription...what is going on?
New Poster

Its on Channel 690 and 471

New Poster

Check channel 690 and 471

New Poster

I cannot get Investigation Discovery on any channel any longer. This is on of 3 channels my wife watches. I have tried all of the channels mention in this thread.
Official Employee

Per your channel lineup
SD Ch 111
HD Ch 899
HD Ch 1444

Are you getting an error message on these channels?
It’s on different channels in different markets
New Poster

None of these channels work. The error says, "Sorry, we're having some trouble. This program is not available at the moment. Please select another program and try this one later. XRE-03059"
Official Employee

That’s a tuning error, something is impeding the frequency that channel is using. You should have a tech out to troubleshoot further.
New Poster

I just switched to Xfinity and was told I would get ID channel, but I do not and when I called I was told that it's a contract thing and they are negotiating to get it back. Not good Comcast! Get the ID channel back, otherwise you will lose customers
New Poster

They will not offer it to new customers after may 1 2018. They arr dropping it for declinibg ratings.
New Poster

I get it its channel 690

New Poster

ID is channel 690

New Poster

Comcast is currently in contract negotiations with Investigational Discovery channel.  Their contract came up for renewal and Comcast has not been able to  reach an agreement with I.D. Channel with the terms of contract.   

New Poster

I just had Comcast installed today. And was told that ID would be included in my bundle when getting all the channels figured out. Unfortunately, it was not when I checked - it states I need to subscribe. I called customer service and they stated they are no longer offering it. Really bummed! My parents have it on Comcast just a few towns over from me.
New Poster

I am very upset about this as well.  Now I'm confused a little. When I called Comcast they stated that. They did some research and find out that a lot of people don't watch the ID channel. Within the same breath the Comcast representative said that a lot of people have been complaining about not having it. I believe that if I pay for something then I want what I want!!! I have always had the ID channel. Now Comcast needs to renew their contract with the ID channel or lose customers because I am about to move on from Comcast to another company.

New Poster

Why did you take ID channel off comcast??? It is the only channel I look at. I told my Husband to look into dish network!
New Poster

Yes. My Investigation Discovery and Tru TV both disappeared and my price went up. So I will make Comcast disappear next. I switch every two years. I left Direct TV because my FIOS internet was going up in price and I cant get FIOS TV. I liked Direct TV Do you know of any good alternative?
New Poster

When I go to the iD channel which is 899, it tells me that I need a subscription. It is supposed to be included in my package. When I call Xfinity comcast, they say it is not available as they are in negotiations. In two years, I will be going back to Directv. Worth the extra money!

New Poster

Another complaint here because the ID channel is no longer part of the lineup. We just had Xfinity installed on Friday the 18th when we signed up we were assured the ID channel was part of the lineup. But not so once we actually got Xfinity installed. Called customer service and was told we could just watch it on the computer or on ID to go which is false because you have to have a subscription to the channel through a provider before you can use that app. Not very good customer service Comcast. Bring back the ID channel or after our 2-year service agreement is up we will be going back to Dish
New Poster

Between yesterday and today, I just spent two hours plus on the phone with two different people from Comcast tech support trying to fix the error message I get each time I select Discovery ID.  Finally, the tech contacted a sales person and told me this and other channels were dropped when I upgraded to Xfinity Triple Play, and that I had 30 days to cancel and return to my old service (no HD, no Netflix) and get that channel back.  What?!

Why do I get a message, "Sorry, there seems to be a problem here." when access to a channel is deliberatively withheld by Comcast.  This confused not only me but the Comcast tech as well.

Unbelievable!

New Poster

Bring back ID Channel and Tru tv.

Official Employee

Hello @KittyKat211. I can assist with checking your local channel lineup for the Investigation Discovery channel. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

All other users, if you need support with checking your local channel lineup, please create a new post, and a member of our team will assist. Thank you.