Community Forum

Boomerang

Highlighted
New Poster

Boomerang

XFINITY did it again! <Edited>. We just switched from Direct TV because I like the voice activated remote. So NO BOOMERANG!! My grandson watches it every morning. We love Tom &amp; Jerry &amp; Tweety Bird &amp; Roadrunner so much to my surprise when I looked to see which channel it’s on with XFINITY they don’t have it!! Is it ever coming back?

Official Employee

Re: Boomerang

Hi there, Arvey!

I used to watch Boomerang all the time as a kid with my dad! I understand how important it can be to your grandson.

I want to take a look into your account to double check on the channel line up. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@Arvey wrote:

XFINITY did it again! <Edited>. We just switched from Direct TV because I like the voice activated remote. So NO BOOMERANG!! My grandson watches it every morning. We love Tom &amp; Jerry &amp; Tweety Bird &amp; Roadrunner so much to my surprise when I looked to see which channel it’s on with XFINITY they don’t have it!! Is it ever coming back?

The channel is no longer offered. See this topic:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Boomerang/td-p/3108580

If you subscribe to amazon prime video then you'll be able to Watch it there. If not,  you'll have to buy the dvds or blurays of your favorite classic cartoons.

DirectTV just recently added the channel to its lineup in may 2019

https://hd-report.com/2019/05/11/directv-adding-boomerang-cnn-international-revolt-to-new-packages/

I assume you had one of those Packages? It's good to know that the channel itself is still around. It's another channel comcast won't add. I have been waiting for years.

Most Valued Poster

Doesn't make sense that the Largest Cable company in the U.S. doesn't carry the Boomerang channel for Families.
Most Valued Poster

Just saw a comcast commercial promoting Kids Week July 11 with X1 stream app. Really and no Boomerang channel available for our kids to watch.
Official Employee

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you if you're in an area where this channel was removed. In those areas ~ we removed this channel from our line-up, because our network no longer has the capacity to carry it. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!