Community Forum

Boomerang Channel

Regular Contributor

Re: Still No "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" with Comcast (XFINITY)

Hey Comcast Verizon FIOS has BOOMERANG why not COMCAST???

Regular Contributor

Hey Comcast where the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL"

Yo Comcast (XFINITY) where is the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" at on comcast of Garden State, NJ??? You talk about ''XFINITY" then add the channels that your comcast customers are requesting.

Contributor

Re: Hey Comcast where the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL"

just switched from dish to comcast and was very disappointed that i lost boomerang channel in doing so. this is not a drop comcast statement though for me. comcast has more than dish was offering me including MLB channel which is one of the reasons i switched to comcast. PLEASE comcast give us boomerang!!!

Regular Contributor

Mod's - Is there any progress to bring the "BOOMERANG" to all Comcast (XFINITY) systems? I think us loyal customers want the channel added if you read all of these post's.

Contributor

bump, keep this topic going. this needs to be done for us

Contributor

Alright I am gonna allow everyone to know, I don't know why there wasn't a statement from comcast them self..

As on many places you have to buy the copyright to have live streaming on the servers, you also need to buy the copyright to own the movies, cartoons, shows. After you buy the copyright from lets say (thundercats) warnerbros own those rights, so buying that copy right from warnerbros they would have to negotiate a deal with them to own those rights while there are paying subscribers..

So they would have to negotiate a deal with to get that channel, then they would need to figure out where to place the boomberang channel after.

Lets say they have the rights for the boomerange channel, then they decide to take one station out lets say (221) from my state it's d-kid and 220 is cartoon network.. So they replace D-kid for boomerang for adults, a lot of parents that let there children watch D-kid would be off the air cause there isn't a channel at all, that means a lot of angry parents..

Most Valued Poster

Any word for "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" being added by "XFINITY"? FIOS has the BOOMERANG CHANNEL available to their customers why not Comcast?

Contributor

seems like all the "major" providers have it but comcast. wonder why they refuse to carry it?

Contributor

tstack and hclark1160 didn't you even bother reading what I said? The other companys, the reason they probably have it.. They were able to use a empty channel for it including haggle too..

I don't know what is how it's done, but as I know about, that is how it's done..

For example WB56 just won't give you nothing but free cartoons unless they get something out of it...

Contributor

they already carry cartoon network so that argument is mute. boomerang is part of cartoon network so they already have the copyright paid for

Contributor

I didn't had any knowledge from that, as I did asked a comcast person about it, and they just told me same thing they tell everyone..

So I presume that they didn't wanna explain about the legal terms and the copyright to me.

Now I know that cartoon network and boomerang are part of each other, why didn't they made a channel for that?

Personality I would rather them removed the none english channels, as I only speak english..

Well comcast customer help is on the bottom, but you get only a select few people who really do wanna help.

Retired Administrator

Hi all - thanks for sharing your posts. Adding channels to the line-up is a marketing decision and this help forum isn't the place to share your interest. I'd suggest completing a "channel request" here - https://secure.opinionlab.com/ccc01/comment_card.asp?width=1215&height=911&referer=http%3A//www.comc...

1. Select "suggestion" is the drop down menu

2. Enter text

3. Select "enter"

I am also locking the thread to additional posts.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

My Kids want Boomerang!

I told my kids about all these great cartoons I used to watch in the 60's, 70's & 80's (Flintsones, Jetsons, SuperFriends) just name a few and they want to watch them also but I told them they only available on the Boomerang Channel (and we use Cable Card so we don't have Boomerang Ondemand) so can comcast please add this channel on the comcast of Garden State, NJ system. Most other comcast systems have this channel on channel 124 which is not currently used here. Please add this channel for my kids.

Problem Solver

Re: My Kids want Boomerang!

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/boomerang/index.html    just in case you didn't know you could watch on computer Smiley Happy n  if you did ignore post Smiley Happy

Silver Problem Solver

tstack

Welcome back. Still no resolution on this I see. Any type of feedback from Comcast ( I ask but I figure the answer will be no.)

Retired Administrator

Thanks all - my response in message 84 is still valid.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Another Boomerang request

Please add the Boomerang channel so that my kids can watch the Classic cartoons that I grew up with. Cartoon network does not provide the Classics. Thanks Comcast of Garden State, NJ
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Another Boomerang request

To quote Dete:

Adding channels to the line-up is a marketing decision and this help forum isn't the place to share your interest. I'd suggest completing a "channel request" here - https://secure.opinionlab.com/ccc01/comment_card.asp?width=1215&height=911&referer=http%3A//www.comc...

1. Select "suggestion" is the drop down menu

2. Enter text

3. Select "enter"

I am also locking the thread to additional posts.

Not applicable

Boomerang

My kids would love to have this channel in our line up in Charleston, SC. My husband and I too for that matter.

New Poster

Re: BOOMERANG

Darn... I just put in xfinity under a 2 year contract without checking channels.  Figured they would at least match UVerse which I just removed.  Turns out no boomerang.  I would not have switched if I new the stations would not be the same as Uverse.  This just sucks.  By the way on a side note, my system had to be reset 3 times already due to issues.  Is this normal for a new subsriber?

New Poster

we need the Boomerang channel

we need the Boomerang channel as lineup to comcast here in Baltimore, MD. Love watching classic cartoons so please add Boomerang channel to our cable.
New Poster

Re: Boomerang Channel

Please add Boomerang for Massachusettes. I love these old cartoons. it was a better time when TV was actually funny.

Expert

@Looneytoons016 wrote:

Please add Boomerang for Massachusettes. I love these old cartoons. it was a better time when TV was actually funny.

Call your local franchise and ask them to add it.  This is a customer-to-customer support forum and there is nothing we can do about adding channels.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

DOES COMCAST HATE BOOMERANG!!!

Just switched over from Directv because I could not install it in my new home. So far Comcast has one strike against them (Concerning installation). Now strike two is the lack of Boomerang on any package here in the UNion County area in the state of NJ. 2012 and every cable and satellite provider has this channel in this area except Comcast. I did not sign a contract so they way I see it, one more strike and I'm out. If you live in NJ and want Boomerang, please add to this thread and start a petition to support.

Thank you.

New Poster

Boomerang channel

Please!!!!! I pledge you add boomerang channel to your cable packages I love the service you offer but we need and want this boomerang channel. Please add it, I'll be very thankfull.
New Poster

Re: Add Channels

Can we please have the Boomerang channel? It appeals to a wide array of audience. Many demographics would enjoy it, and it also is better than majority of the cartoons shown on nick, Disney, and cartoon network. 

New Poster

Add the Cartoon network Boomerang Channel

I would like to see the Boomerang channel added to the line up.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Add the Cartoon network Boomerang Channel

I have asked for over 10 years for it. 

Frequent Visitor

WE WANT BOOMERANG!!!

Cartoon Network has a channel called "Boomerang" that shows the classic cartoons, the way Cartoon Network was when they first came to Comcast. Now it's all Adult Swim and they basically show the same adult cartoons that Fox and TBS air. During the day it's all Tom And Jerry and Looney Tunes. That's fine, but what about The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, The Jetsons, and all the classic Hanna-Barbera, and Warner Brothers stuff? Do we really need Adult Swim? I mean does anyone really watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Bring back the classic cartoons! PLEASE add Boomerang! We're getting tired of Family Guy and American Dad!. I mean they're on about 5 other channels we have!

Frequent Visitor

Re: The Blaze Network

On the feedback link, nothing there about requesting channels. And everytime I call my local office all I get is an automated operator. Nothing there about requesting channels either. Only add service, pay bill, service trouble, etc. I would like to have the Boomerang Channel added. Cartoon Network's classic cartoon channel. I have about 10 HBO's 6 Starz, 10 MTV's 6 Nick's but only ONE Cartoon Network and it's the one that shows Adult Swim 24/7. Never heard of Blaze, but since I'm on that forum, I'll vote Aye too! I went to the link and posted my request under suggestions. Maybe that will work (hopefully)

Silver Problem Solver

Re: WE WANT BOOMERANG!!!

so let me correct you.  Boomerang came out in the year 2000 its not new.   I have been asking comcast for 13 years to put it on.    Still nothing.   

Frequent Visitor

WOW! Well I just recently started seeing ads about Boomerang. I just assumed it was new. Adult Swim bites! I have about 10 HBO's 6 Starz, 10 MTV's 6 Nick's but only ONE Cartoon Network 

Silver Problem Solver

im with you.  I want my magilla gorilla and wonder twins

Frequent Visitor

Is willing to trade MTV for Boomerang. I DON'T want my MTV anymore. Comcast Gadsden Al. I have called local office. All I get is automated BS.

New Poster

My autistic 33 year old son, loves cartoons and wants to know when Comcast (in Portland, OR area) will have it available for him.  Would be very happy to give up music channels for it.

Frequent Visitor

new channels

i want boomerang to be added and universal sports to come back.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: new channels

*The customer feedback form can be found by going to www.comcast.com and scrolling to the very bottom of the page.  Click on 'Comcast.com Feedback'. 

Regular Visitor

Boomerang!

Are there any plans for Comcast to add Boomerang?  Especially in Scranton, PA?  A lot of people, myself included, want this channel.  Would love to be able to watch classic cartoons and am seriously considering switching to Directv to get this channel.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Boomerang!

Have you contacted Boomerang directly? There is a long ongoing request for that channel in certain areas of PA and NJ.

This post was now moved to the link I provided.

Comcast, or Lithium, if you are reading this I know the idea is to keep threads linked together by the subject and content. But moving something to a similar thread does still not answer the original question.

Is communicating to the customers that provide you with the economic base to provide services (Comcast) or the money that the service provider gets to pay the forum provider (Lithium) such a hard thing to do?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Boomerang!

I find it very odd that Comcast doesn't address why they don't have Boomerang. ATT Uverse has it, but since they don't have NHLN network, I got Comcast instead. If Uverse had NHLN, I would never have gotten comcast.

New Poster

I would be ever so restful if you would add boomerang to the line up for Marysville Washington I miss the old cartoons on Saturday mornings

New Poster

Yes, Comcast ought to add Boomerang.  I just switched from DirecTv and they had it. Its a really good channel

Most Valued Poster

Boomerang NOW

With the merger with TWC will we now see the Boomerang channel added across all comcast systems?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Boomerang NOW

Buyout will still need to be approved of course, don't know the odds but I think it will be.

And if it does it will be interesting to see what happens on the Boomerang front for your area.

Keep us posted.

New Poster

Boomerang please bring this station to our line up

Boomerang .....   please bring this station to our line up

Frequent Visitor

Adding New Channel

We have requesting the Boomerang Channel for several years now. And still no change. We have several new stations added that we can't watch they are in spanish which we don't understand.We would prefer to have staions that we do watch. It seems like with all these new staions they could add Boomerang. We are requesting that next time you add a new channel please add Boomerang for my grandkids.

Regular Contributor

Re: Adding New Channel

Totally agree. I have been requesting "Boomerang" since 2004 and what is this year oh year 2014 and still no Boomerang channel. Would love to watch Classic Hanna Barbara Cartoons and others. Hopefully with TWC merger comcast will add this channel across their systems for their customers to enjoy with their families.

New Poster

I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN GETTING MANY REQUESTS FOR THE BOOMERANG CHANNEL SO MY QUESTION IS WHY HAS IT NOT BEEN ADDED???
New Poster

When will Comcast start carrying Boomerang the cartoon channel

When will Comcast start carrying Boomerang the cartoon channel

New Poster

Re: When will Comcast start carrying Boomerang the cartoon channel

YES! Please add boomerang to comcast!