Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

Regular Contributor

Re: Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

@geodonna wrote:

As of this writing there have been 13,344 complaints about the removal of BTN from Comcast. Extrapolating that maybe only 5% know about the forum, means that, potentially,over

266,880 customers are angry about this move. This makes me wonder whether anyone at Comcast reads these forums. 

Now that net neutrality has been eliminated, expect more ignoring of what the customer wants.

What's the source of your numbers?
Regular Visitor

If I'm reading the forum title page correctly ,there have been over 13,000 comments and replies on the removal of BTN. Being in retail for 25 years ,I can safely say that a 1% to 5% reply to a mailing is normally expected. I used a 5% reply rate to be conservative.
New Poster

Re: Removing big ten network

I am letting you know that you have broken your contract with me. When I signed up and added the Sports entertainment package The Big Ten Network was part of my TV programming. Approximately 2 weeks later you dropped it from being available in Tucson, AZ where I live. If you do not restore it I will switch to another provider that has this channel. Your reasons are ridiculous and the bottom line is you are making more money for less service to me your customer. Dish offers BTN so either restore it or I break my contract with you and go to another provider. They have voice activated remotes and are cheaper than you on a 2 year deal.
New Poster

I agree - the removal is ridiculous and one has to wonder what basis this product manager used to make that decision. I am also looking into alternatives prior to Sept.
New Poster

Appropriate value????? Are you living in the real world? There are MILLIONS of BIG alumni and friends from the BIG states that rely on access to BTN as a means of STAYING CONNECTED. Your rationale is flawed from a customer service view and your suggestion to us, your CUSTOMERS, of going to youtube is laughable at best. Reinstitute the BTN program or face an increase in customer churn.
Frequent Visitor

Turned in my Xfinity equipment today and we are now happy customrs of AT&T Fiber and DirecTV Now.    We  can now easily watch the BigTen Network on DirectTV Now.
I know this post does not add any value other than to let Comcast know that they lost a 10+ year customer who was paying way too much for their "product" (close to $300 USD a month!).

Frequent Visitor

If it helps justify your decision so did my Father in Law, Brother, Sister, and myself. All over one channel. My Father In Law also not happy COMCAST even up the NFL network to a higher tier. What are they doing.? Makes one wonder. Houston Area is loaded with Big 10 Alumni.
Frequent Visitor

A follow up to my change from Xfinity after 10+ years (due to them dropping the Big10Network).  When I dropped off my equipment yesterday, I wanted to pay the balance due, but they could not figure out the amount owed.   Today, I get the updated bill with the following language (please see image below).  Rather than anything nice "thank you for being a long term customer" or neutral "Here is your final bill, please pay by...."  Xfinity sends a statement that my account is "past due" and my services have been "disconnected" with a due date of *before* they even sent the bill.  Please note that my original monthly bill was not due for another 2 weeks. 

This is just another example of how Xfinity takes their customers for granted and their total lack of respect. 

Xfinity-Bill-Short.JPG

Official Employee

opurt - Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Sorry to see you leave Comcast.

We went ahead and credited the balance due in full. Nothing additional needs to be paid for services.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for being a customer for over 9 years. You are welcome back anytime.   

New Poster

@ComcastTeds wrote:

opurt - Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Sorry to see you leave Comcast.

We went ahead and credited the balance due in full. Nothing additional needs to be paid for services.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for being a customer for over 9 years. You are welcome back anytime.   

Why would he want to return? You don't offer want anyone on this topic wants........... Also you keep anouncing that customers who have BTN in their package will be able to access BTN2go, but I had BTN in my package you removed it not us, so does that mean that Comcast will be paying for our subscriptions?